• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

ROM[OFFICIAL][instantnoodlep][11.0]**crDroid**[V7.8]

Search This thread

zeroerror

Jan 14, 2015
Bangalore
OnePlus 8 Pro
Have you flashed a firmware from Europe? Or even the boot image from a European model?

That would certainly affect SMS etc
Okey. I have used MSM tool to recover from crashdump and the version was 'Oxygen-OS-11.0.3.3.IN11DA' and then after 1st boot, I used oxygen updater app and downloaded full OTA zip for 11.0.4.4. Now I look at payload_properties.txt in zip it shows 'ota_target_version=OnePlus8ProOxygen_15.I.34_GLO_0340_2102011820'

I guess that's where the problem as I see GLO and I updated to 11.0.4.4 unknowingly with that zip.

if this is the problem.. please help me if there is any way to get out of this without going back?

I really do not want to go all the way back to OOS and flash this rom again.

Thanks.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
Okey. I have used MSM tool to recover from crashdump and the version was 'Oxygen-OS-11.0.3.3.IN11DA' and then after 1st boot, I used oxygen updater app and downloaded full OTA zip for 11.0.4.4. Now I look at payload_properties.txt in zip it shows 'ota_target_version=OnePlus8ProOxygen_15.I.34_GLO_0340_2102011820'

I guess that's where the problem as I see GLO and I updated to 11.0.4.4 unknowingly with that zip.

if this is the problem.. please help me if there is any way to get out of this without going back?

I really do not want to go all the way back to OOS and flash this rom again.

Thanks.

I would assume that using the global firmware could cause issues but that shouldn't explain why your device reads as an EU variant.

If it were me and the firmware is available I would flash my correct firmware and start over.

Surely there's a way to patch it up but honestly it's more hassle than it's worth and even if it doesn't fix the issue (probably will) it will more than likely fix other unforseen issues.

Reactions: zeroerror

ssx13

Sep 1, 2010
I've not used custom roms since the nexus 6 few questions for the community. I have the oneplus 8 pro unlocked if I flash a custom rom how do I return to stock if I have to? And will the volume slider work with this or custom roms in general? Thanks ahead of time for any replying

vbenkovskyy

Feb 12, 2011
I've not used custom roms since the nexus 6 few questions for the community. I have the oneplus 8 pro unlocked if I flash a custom rom how do I return to stock if I have to? And will the volume slider work with this or custom roms in general? Thanks ahead of time for any replying
Just flash official rom via MSM. Yes, slider works great.

Reactions: ssx13

zeroerror

Jan 14, 2015
Bangalore
OnePlus 8 Pro
I would assume that using the global firmware could cause issues but that shouldn't explain why your device reads as an EU variant.

If it were me and the firmware is available I would flash my correct firmware and start over.

Surely there's a way to patch it up but honestly it's more hassle than it's worth and even if it doesn't fix the issue (probably will) it will more than likely fix other unforseen issues.
I have done the whole thing. Went back to oos Indian firmware and re-flashed crdroid. Sms works now 😊. However my device is still IN2023.

ssx13

Sep 1, 2010
Im stuck on rebooting into fastboot, on my phone it shoes lineage os fastbootd, nothing else happens ive tried rebooting to bootloader but everything fails then it will let me boot into oxygen but it resets a lot on its own any advice

tekwyzrd

May 26, 2014
I just received a op8 pro and am trying to decide which rom to use. I'm migrating from a op6 with an older version of havoc and customization options like displaying date with time, organizing status bar items, adjustable charge start and stop %, home screen auto rotation, and recents options are all features I'm looking for. Are these available with this rom?

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
I have done the whole thing. Went back to oos Indian firmware and re-flashed crdroid. Sms works now 😊. However my device is still IN2023.

Lol not sure then pal, does anyone else with the Indian model have the same problem? Could be the ROM.. If you've used MSM and used the Indian version then it really should have gone to stock..

Did you check your device model whilst on OOS?

Edit: just spotted the replies, nvm.

But good that you're back in business

Reactions: zeroerror

gantzzz

May 18, 2016
Hi, the rom is great. however, there's one issue I could not get rid off so far:
Google Chrome app reports outdated but when I hit the "Upgrade" button via the GPlay, it fails to upgrade the APP. Has anyone else ever seen such behavior?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    new build up !
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer

I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device

You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

for first install:
    • be on the latest firmware on both slots
    • download the file named like this: crDroidAndroid-11.0-XXXXXXXX-instantnoodlep-v7.X-install-files.zip
    • unpack zip to desktop (or whereever you want)
    • reboot to bootloader
    • run ROMinstaller.bat
    • follow instructions
    • if you want to install gapps:
    • enter recovery
    • Apply update
    • Apply from ADB
    • from your computer: adb sideload (gapps package).zip , i recommend MindTheGapps, because with this package i could update without having to install Gapps again
    • factory reset
    • reboot to system
    to update:
    • download the file named like this: crDroidAndroid-11.0-XXXXXXXX-instantnoodlep-v7.X.zip in the internal updater and update it
    some large gapps packages will not install due to lack off space

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: kernel url

Download:
    ROM download
    Changelog: Changelog

Known issues:

Tell Me

crDroid OnePlus 8 Telegram group
    Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help our team pay server costs

Contributors
    firebird11
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Many Thanks to:
    FizzyAps and thznutz87 for the install script
    LuK1337 for his awesome work on op8

Version Information
    Stable
    new builds up !
    Hi guys, I had some issues with the rom the last weeks but it's solved now, updates will follow in a few days
    there's a new build up , DeviceSettings was causing a lot off trouble so i had to remove it.
    alert slider works again
    new builds are up so try
    happy new year to everyone