• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

ROM[OFFICIAL][instantnoodlep][11.0]**crDroid**[V7.8]

Search This thread

cool2288

May 12, 2021
The applocker-fingerprint bug is still there, which sucks because the ROM is otherwise pretty stable.

Attachments

• IMG_20210531_153725.jpg
    IMG_20210531_153725.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20210531_153706.jpg
    IMG_20210531_153706.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 132

manojkumarn

Oct 27, 2013
Bengaluru
OnePlus 8 Pro
So far this is the most stable ROM :)

I have one problem - Whenever I apply any custom fonts from "styles & wallpapers", fonts doesn't seem to get applied universally. Fonts change only on the statusbar, quick settings and settings nowhere else. Any suggestions please ?

EslamElaraby

Sep 7, 2018
when I attach my phone after flashing the rom it doesn't appear in file transfer mode but it appears in ptp mode
I tried connecting the phone on another laptop it worked perfectly !

Imprezzion

Dec 12, 2011
Gorredijk
OnePlus 8 Pro
Does fingerprint (on AOD) work after locking? Like, when on OOS and you pull your phone out of your pocket the FP works without d2tw or pressing power. It's always on so to say. Most custom ROMs do show the icon but you have to "wake" the phone first to make the FP scan something.

Does fingerprint (on AOD) work after locking? Like, when on OOS and you pull your phone out of your pocket the FP works without d2tw or pressing power. It's always on so to say. Most custom ROMs do show the icon but you have to "wake" the phone first to make the FP scan something.
Works for me on the newest build. I had an error on the last one that i could not wake the screen after i recieved a notification (with aod fingerprint enabled)
Edit: the only bug i have is that i can not reassign the three states of the mechanical switch.

Last edited:

Caoduong89vn

Jun 27, 2021
Hi! Im newbie, but i heard that this rom will make 8 pro battery life stay longer. Eventually i dont know how to start install this ( adn access something i ve tried but it seems to be undone at blue screen)

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
OnePlus 8
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hi! Im newbie, but i heard that this rom will make 8 pro battery life stay longer. Eventually i dont know how to start install this ( adn access something i ve tried but it seems to be undone at blue screen)
No that's not true.

Your habits and app usage is what will make your battery worse or better..

You should check out the battery life threads in the review section, I've added quite a large list.

I promise you if you follow even half of it your battery will improve vastly..

A ROM can improve your battery in a sense, but your apps and habits have a much heavier bearing than any ROM change would provide

firebird11

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Gasselcity
turn off Pocket detection in crDroid Settings - miscellaneous

mithusingh32

Dec 14, 2010
Downloading now, but has the new update addressed the Google Maps Audio issue?

The issue I'm referring to is when you open Google Maps and turn on navigation, audio gets broken. Initially I thought it was a bluetooth issue, but it occurs when bluetooth is not on.

Here are all the errors matlog captured when the issues occurs:

EDIT: Issue not fixed, still occurs on update.

Last edited:
Reactions: firebird11

Boxy52

Dec 22, 2012
new builds up !
Just updated from 7.4 to 7.7 using updater. Removed Magisk modules, rebooted, updated Magisk to latest, rebooted, installed update through updater, and it's stuck on boot logo and will not boot.

Is my only option a full wipe now?

EDIT: managed to set active slot back to a and get back into 7.4

Can someone please test this and let me know if 7.7 is even bootable? I tried updater, tried flashing the whole zip through fastboot, nothing works. Don't want to risk it again. Thanks.

Last edited:

dklearhos

Jan 22, 2018
Normally I do the following for the rom updates: perform the rom update from the updater. Do NOT reboot. Install magisk to inactive slot (after ota) option from within the app. Now reboot. That's it.
If that fails then you need to format data and make a clean install. Make sure you backup data first.

EDIT: I am now on 7.7

firebird11

Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Gasselcity
Just updated from 7.4 to 7.7 using updater. Removed Magisk modules, rebooted, updated Magisk to latest, rebooted, installed update through updater, and it's stuck on boot logo and will not boot.

Is my only option a full wipe now?

EDIT: managed to set active slot back to a and get back into 7.4

Can someone please test this and let me know if 7.7 is even bootable? I tried updater, tried flashing the whole zip through fastboot, nothing works. Don't want to risk it again. Thanks.
sideload gapps again after the update

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    new build up !
    No that's not true.

Your habits and app usage is what will make your battery worse or better..

You should check out the battery life threads in the review section, I've added quite a large list.

I promise you if you follow even half of it your battery will improve vastly..

A ROM can improve your battery in a sense, but your apps and habits have a much heavier bearing than any ROM change would provide
    new builds up !
    Impressive OOS Camera built in !!! :love:.
    Downloading now, but has the new update addressed the Google Maps Audio issue?

The issue I'm referring to is when you open Google Maps and turn on navigation, audio gets broken. Initially I thought it was a bluetooth issue, but it occurs when bluetooth is not on.

Here are all the errors matlog captured when the issues occurs:

EDIT: Issue not fixed, still occurs on update.
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer

I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device

You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

for first install:
    • be on the latest firmware on both slots
    • download the file named like this: crDroidAndroid-11.0-XXXXXXXX-instantnoodlep-v7.X-install-files.zip
    • unpack zip to desktop (or whereever you want)
    • reboot to bootloader
    • run ROMinstaller.bat
    • follow instructions
    • if you want to install gapps:
    • enter recovery
    • Apply update
    • Apply from ADB
    • from your computer: adb sideload (gapps package).zip , i recommend MindTheGapps, because with this package i could update without having to install Gapps again
    • factory reset
    • reboot to system
    to update:
    • download the file named like this: crDroidAndroid-11.0-XXXXXXXX-instantnoodlep-v7.X.zip in the internal updater and update it
    some large gapps packages will not install due to lack off space

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: kernel url

Download:
    ROM download
    Changelog: Changelog

Known issues:

Tell Me

crDroid OnePlus 8 Telegram group
    Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help our team pay server costs

Contributors
    firebird11
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Many Thanks to:
    FizzyAps and thznutz87 for the install script
    LuK1337 for his awesome work on op8

Version Information
    Stable
    new builds up !
    Hi guys, I had some issues with the rom the last weeks but it's solved now, updates will follow in a few days
    new builds are up so try
    happy new year to everyone
    there's a new build up , DeviceSettings was causing a lot off trouble so i had to remove it.
    alert slider works again