[ROM][OFFICIAL][instantnoodlep][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

DarthVesh

I finally installed this to my own phone since i got feedback that gcam ports are decent enough to be used and since camera was my main concern i postponed this until i was sure.

Install went through with bit of a hassle since i managed to let oos-rom to boot up and wipe recovery once and i had to start from square one. For what i can see with couple days of usage i haven't noticed anything major issues. One thing is bothering me little bit and it is the display brightness does not get low enough. I do believe that OOS side had some black magic in the display settings since when it went darker it gave green tint sometimes and lost all contrast by doing some technical f*ckery, it still helped me to use the phone on bed pitch black.

Adjusting to this bit more bright display will take some time but at least i do not get green tint / low contrast issues anymore.

With the help from @Natethegrate1 and his post (https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-official-instantnoodlep-11-lineageos-18-1.4192827/post-84630617) i managed to get even safetynet check's go through.

Phone is rooted, safetynet goes through. I can use banking apps and whatnot. Only thing left is netflix being L3 capped so it looks like old time pirated movies but i think i can live with that.

Oh! One more thing. OnePlus's own USB-C to 3,5mm adapter gives error on dropdown menu "the attached device is not compatible with this phone. tap to learn more." but still works just fine.
How did you get the safetynetcheck to pass? Also are you on LineageOS recovery or TWRP?

jsomby

How did you get the safetynetcheck to pass? Also are you on LineageOS recovery or TWRP?
LineageOS Recovery. The guide is on this post: https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-official-instantnoodlep-11-lineageos-18-1.4192827/post-84630617

I'm not sure if you could get it pass without doing that boot.img trickery but that's what i did and it works. Most likely you could just do direct patch (can't remember the option since i don't need to install it right now) and then just add the magisk module + do the thing on terminal ie. run redux, take root access with su command and launch props as the instructions say.

Reactions: DarthVesh

Spoogemonkey

Jan 21, 2021
Just getting acclimated to LineageOS and am finding most apps to work without issue. However, none of the sms apps will show my contacts despite numerous drill downs into various settings. I've tried many combinations of contact and messaging apps (including stock versions, Google messages, Textra, Contacts Plus; Signal and on and on...

Is there a way to get this resolved? This may very well be a deal breaker unfortunately, since I'm hell bent on dispensing with Google altogether, but receiving messages from numbers from which I have no idea who they are is nerve racking.

It's also okay if the fix involves paid apps, so long as it's not an expensive fix.

Spoogemonkey

Jan 21, 2021
Could you elaborate on "none of the sms apps will show contacts"?

Maybe this helps:
https://github.com/signalapp/Signal-Android/issues/7681
or https://github.com/nextcloud/android/issues/1531
"Solution is to first make sure no orphaned account entry exists in accounts_ce.db and to then move the app to internal storage."

In all sms apps, when a new text is created, previous behavior (non LineageOS) was for all contacts to show up and I could select by searching. Now, no contacts are available, with the exception of Signal which only shows contacts from bona fide Signal users on my contact list.

I was thinking this might be a function of where the contacts are actually saved, so although it appears that all of my contacts are in the cloud (not saved on the device and regardless of the contact app), when a new contact is added as a "device contact", that contact doesn't show up on Signal or any other sms app.

Attached is what I see in Handcent. No contacts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210411-184937_Next_SMS.png
    Screenshot_20210411-184937_Next_SMS.png
    76.7 KB · Views: 53

Spoogemonkey

Jan 21, 2021
^ I wanted to get MicroG anyway, so went ahead and wiped the phone and started over using LineageOS with MicroG 18.1. I haven't yet installed any additional sms or contact apps. Going to wait until I can come up with ideas on ways of sorting this contacts-sms nexus issue.

jsomby

I had same? issue for not having contacts at all in the beginning. I had to flash mindthegapps package and reset phone once so I would start using the phone on google way, not lineage.

There was no contact syncing under google account without me doing that. Then again, my contacts ARE under google account.

Last edited:

Spoogemonkey

Jan 21, 2021
I had same? issue for not having contacts at all in the beginning. I had to flash mindthegapps package and reset phone once so I would start using the phone on google way, not lineage.

There was no contact syncing under google account without me doing that. Then again, my contacts ARE under google account.

My contacts are in a csv file, available for importing into any contacts app.

Reactions: jsomby

Spoogemonkey

Jan 21, 2021
Welp... half way there.

After reformatting and installing LineageOS w/MicroG 18.1, I went ahead and installed Google Contacts (local use only). What's weird is google contacts won't permit the ability to import a csv file, only a vcf, yet google only permits export of csv. A real head scratcher that one. Anyway, I used Contacts Plus to convert it to vcf, then imported into local google contacts. My sms apps now display all contacts, except Signal which still only displays Signal users. So yeah, Signal is still broke.

EDIT:
After trying to get Signal to cooperate by making it my default sms app, it still wouldn't import/display non-signal user's contacts. Even worse, doing this made all of the contact apps actually delete all contacts that weren't in Signal's contacts. Some really bad behavior out of Signal.

To fix this I had to delete Signal and then re-import my vcf file into Google contacts.

Last edited:

nzzane

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 20, 2014
I finally installed this to my own phone since i got feedback that gcam ports are decent enough to be used and since camera was my main concern i postponed this until i was sure.

Install went through with bit of a hassle since i managed to let oos-rom to boot up and wipe recovery once and i had to start from square one. For what i can see with couple days of usage i haven't noticed anything major issues. One thing is bothering me little bit and it is the display brightness does not get low enough. I do believe that OOS side had some black magic in the display settings since when it went darker it gave green tint sometimes and lost all contrast by doing some technical f*ckery, it still helped me to use the phone on bed pitch black.

Adjusting to this bit more bright display will take some time but at least i do not get green tint / low contrast issues anymore.

With the help from @Natethegrate1 and his post (https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-official-instantnoodlep-11-lineageos-18-1.4192827/post-84630617) i managed to get even safetynet check's go through.

Phone is rooted, safetynet goes through. I can use banking apps and whatnot. Only thing left is netflix being L3 capped so it looks like old time pirated movies but i think i can live with that.

Oh! One more thing. OnePlus's own USB-C to 3,5mm adapter gives error on dropdown menu "the attached device is not compatible with this phone. tap to learn more." but still works just fine.
Had the same issue re netflix, had to reflash stock using msmDownloadTool, then reflash lineageos
then of course the safety net patches

Last edited:

Spoogemonkey

Jan 21, 2021
Another peculiar thing since installing LineageOS is the permissions page. It's showing all permissions stuck in loading. I've tried rebooting but no luck.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210412-175337_Permission_controller.png
    Screenshot_20210412-175337_Permission_controller.png
    154.2 KB · Views: 39

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Reactions: free...

jsomby

New issue with latest build. Sometimes last used application shows up for a brief moment when i unlock the phone. When that happens, you don't get rid of it until you close the app from recently used (multitask view). Even if you launch other application -> lock phone -> unlock the previously shown app will be visible again for a moment. Short video of this happening: ***********************

It does this maybe twice per day or so, can't recall if i had this issue on first build.

EDIT: I do have Nova Launcher installed, forgot to test if i switch it to original launcher.
EDIT2: Video removed for privacy reasons, issue resolved as seen below.

Last edited:

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
New issue with latest build. Sometimes last used application shows up for a brief moment when i unlock the phone. When that happens, you don't get rid of it until you close the app from recently used (multitask view). Even if you launch other application -> lock phone -> unlock the previously shown app will be visible again for a moment. Short video of this happening:

It does this maybe twice per day or so, can't recall if i had this issue on first build.

EDIT: I do have Nova Launcher installed, forgot to test if i switch it to original launcher.
That only happens with third party launcher and it's definitely not a *new* issue. You can repro it very easily with system dialogs in apps but it's probably AOSP issue anyway.

Reactions: jsomby
May 25, 2020
White Bear Lake
Any help from Luk or whoever already installed this rom successfully would be helpful. Have been at it for hours and can't even load the recovery on my 8 pro to get started. Have read all the instructions and renamed as it says to do the file slightly different than what is posted and still get error messages like cannot load recovery. Also, can someone put together a noob guide to help me load the rom for the instructions after the recovery step seem complicated in that when I extracted all the files I only have like 4 files and seem to be missing all the rest that you are supposed to flash to the phone. Any help you would be my hero. Thanks, Kevin.

Apr 11, 2021
@LuK1337 will this rom work with OnePlus 8 pro Indian variant? Also can you make a youtube video of this rom on OP

Also is it possible to use this Rom without gapps? I use protonmail and proton drive/dropbox, openmaps, fdroid, newpipe primarily

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is probably for my own reference more than anyone else but this is the process I followed (step by step) for successful safety net attestation, MindTheGapps (for those that want to get away from google), and Location services provider:
    1) Download Latest L18.1 build from Luk1337 (https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=320828)
    1a) Unzip the build to some folder-DON'T DELETE THE ZIP FILE (probably be good to rename that Zip file "LineageOS18.zip")
    2) Download ADB/platform tools on computer (https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/)
    3) Start phone and make sure it is on the appropriate Android OS version (for this version of lineage it should be 11)
    3a) If you are not on the correct version of android you need to update through your standard (Stock Rom) to the latest version (for oneplus 8 pro OxygenOS you can just click through the update prompts in settings and then you should be updated to Android 11)
    4) Enable developer settings (read the article on how to install ADB-it shows you how to enable dev settings)
    4a) Allow USB debugging (again refer to the guide above)
    4b) Allow OEM unlock (
    )
    5) connect usb to phone/computer and ensure device is recognized by typing "adb devices" in the command prompt of the computer
    6) Type "adb reboot bootloader"
    6a) Verify that your computer recognizes your fastboot device-type "fastboot devices"
    6b) If your computer doesn't recognize then you need to manually select the driver for the android device in your device manager->universal serial bus device (https://visualgdb.com/KB/usbdebug-manual/) sorry if you run a mac
    7) Unlock the bootloader-type "fastboot oem unlock" (
    )

**Probably should reboot here if you want just to be safe and make sure you didn't mess up the bootloader unlock process/android version update**

8) In the bootloader, you need to flash the LOS recovery.img found in that unzipped folder from step 1a-make sure you have the path to the recovery.img file correct! (if you need to get back to bootloader cause you rebooted just fire up that powershell/command line, connect the phone, and type "adb reboot bootloader") type "fastboot boot 'some/folderpath/tofile/recovery.img'"
    9) From the recovery menu you use the volume buttons to navigate (and power button to select) Factory reset -> Format data/factory reset -> Format data
    10) Then navigate and select Advanced -> Enter fastboot
    11) TIME TO INSTALL THE ROM!! Remember that ZIP file you downloaded way back in step 1? You'll need to grab that zip file path and use it for this command-type "fastboot update 'some/folderpath/tofile/LineageOs18.zip'"

***The phone will reboot at this point automatically IF YOU DON'T WANT/NEED SAFETY ATTESTATION/MIND THE GAPPS/LOCATION SERVICES YOU CAN STOP HERE***

12) Should you choose to continue you will have to go through the setup(I recommend skipping through all the setup stuff if you can) on the phone and make sure you have MindTheGapps downloaded (http://downloads.codefi.re/jdcteam/javelinanddart/gapps)
    13) On the phone reenable developer settings and USB debugging. open powershell, connect phone and type " adb reboot recovery"
    13) Once in recovery use your volume/power keys to navigate to Apply update->Apply from ADB (this activates ADB Sideload)
    14) Once in sideload mode simply type "adb sideload 'some/folderpath/tofile/MindTheGapps.zip'"
    15) Once mindthegapps is installed then you can back out of the adb update menu and select "Reboot System now"

***The phone will reboot at this point-IF YOU DON'T WANT SAFETY ATTESTATION/LOCATION SERVICES YOU CAN STOP HERE***

16) For safety attestation (the ability to use google service framework required apps like Banking or Pokemon go) you can install Magisk (I am sure there are other ways but I did it this way). From your phone browser-download Magisk-v22.apk (https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases) and install (you should be prompted if you want to install from unknown sources-just click yes and install)
    17) I will now just follow the installation guide from magisk (https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/install.html)
    18) Connect phone and copy the boot image to your device. This is found in that unzipped folder from step 1a-the file is boot.img
    19) Press the Install button in the Magisk card
    20) Choose “Select and Patch a File” in method, and select the stock boot.img that you just copied
    21) The Magisk app will patch the image to [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched_[random_strings].img
    22) Copy the patched image to your PC with ADB "adb pull /sdcard/Download/magisk_patched_[random_strings].img" (or you can just navigate to the file from your computer and place it somewhere you can find-you'll need to use this soon)
    23) Reboot to fastboot "adb reboot bootloader"
    24) Flash the patched boot.img file you copied to your computer "fastboot flash boot /path/to/magisk_patched.img"
    25) Reboot
    26) Open the magisk manager app that now has root access and click settings->enable magisk hide
    27) From your phone browser download the magisk module "Universal SafetyNet Fix" to force SafetyNet to use basic evaluation (https://github.com/kdrag0n/safetynet-fix)
    27a) In the magisk app go to modules (looks like a puzzle piece)->install from storage and select the Zip file you just downloaded (don't reboot just yet-simply use your back button at this point)
    27b) Add the magisk module "MagiskHide Props Config" from the Magisk repo (click the little magnifying glass)
    27c) Install some command line interface on the phone (I used Termux-https://termux.com/)
    28) Reboot ->open termux and follow the instructions from MagiskHide Props Config
    28a) in termux type "su" then "props"
    28b) edit the device fingerprint (1)->pick a certified fingerprint (f)->Oneplus(21)->Oneplus 8 pro europe IN2023 (40)->Android version 11 (2)->confirm (y) and then reboot
    29) Once your device restarts open the Magisk manager. There should be a button for "Check safetynet". Click it. You should see a "success" message

***At this point you have installed a custom rom with a minimal Gapps package, rooted your phone, and configured it to pass safetynet. This means you can now use all apps without restriction. I recommend installing Amazon App store, Aurora App store/Aurora services magisk module, and FDroid app store to get all the apps you need without providing a google account. IF YOU DON'T WANT LOCATION SERVICES YOU CAN STOP HERE***

30) On your phone-download UnifiedNlp.apk from microg (https://microg.org/download.html). Do not install!
    31) In the magisk app module repository you can search and add the "App systemizer (terminal emulator)"
    31a) I also added the Magisk Module "Busybox for Android NDK" but I am not sure if this is required
    32) From Fdroid (or wherever) install (at a minimum) the MozillaNlpBackend, NominatimNlpBackend
    32a) you can optionally install SatStat (to check all your location data)
    33) In termux type "su" and then "systemize". Select "Systemize given APK (3)"
    34) If your browser default download location is the download folder then simply type /sdcard/download/unifiednlp.apk
    35) restart your phone
    36) Open the unifiednlp app and select "configure backends". You should see Mozilla locations service here. Check it
    37) Select "configure address lookup backends" and select "Nominatim"
    38) Select "self check" and Allow permission to access approximate location (I would suggest all the time but that is your choice).
    39) In phone settings->location make sure "use location" is on.
    40) Open sat stat (and give location permission). You should se a bunch of red and blue dots on a compass. You should now have location services. If you don't....sorry....
    Hey is this rom maintained by official Lineage OS team?
    Yeah, a team of one person - me.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Not technical enough to follow 4 easy steps...
    Berating neophytes is not a good look.
    I am sorry that you feel I am not giving you enough info to help me and might be following the wrong device model? I can assure you I am. 5. In the instructions wiki it says to flash recovery-recovery.img to your phone before proceeding and that is what I am trying to do. If you don't want to help me this is fine but please give me the exact cmd to get recovery on my device for the 8 pro though I am pretty sure I am already. Thx, Kevin
    Dear sir, please take a look at the attached image.