Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
Gasselcity
BE3pE0l.png

Code:
*** Disclaimer

I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device

You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/12.0/README.mkdn

flashing instructions:

for first install:
  • be on the latest 11 firmware on both slots
  • download the file named like this: crDroidAndroid-12.0-XXXXXXXX-instantnoodlep-v8.X.zip
  • also download recovery
  • put it in the same folder where your adb files are
  • reboot to bootloader
  • fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
  • reboot to recovery
  • choose "Factory reset"
  • choose "Apply update"
  • adb sideload "crDroidAndroid-12.0-XXXXXXXX-instantnoodlep-v8.X.zip"
  • reboot recovery
  • choose "Apply update"
  • adb sideload "gapps"
  • reboot to system
to update:
  • download the file named like this: crDroidAndroid-12.0-XXXXXXXX-instantnoodlep-v8.X.zip
  • reboot to recovery
  • choose "Apply update"
  • reboot recovery
  • choose "Apply update"
  • adb sideload "gapps"
  • reboot system
some large gapps packages will not install due to lack off space

Sources:
ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
Kernel: kernel url

Download:
ROM download
Changelog: Changelog

crDroid OnePlus 8 Telegram group
Visit official website @ crDroid.net
crDroid Community Telegram
Donate to help our team pay server costs

XDA:DevDB Information
crdroidandroid, ROM for the OnePlus 8P

Contributors

firebird11
Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid

Last edited:

d3viou5

Jun 4, 2007
I've been daily driving this for about a week and was waiting for a thread to post in. I haven't tried any of the other A12 roms, so I can't compare, but this is bonkers good straight out the gate. I came from crDroid 7.14.

I had no problem flashing, I installed Nikgapps A12 version from here and did the obligatory factory reset.
It's got all the customisation features I love about crDroid including Pulse - YAY! Safetynet passes straight out the box.
I got Magisk zygisk installed with safetynet fix 2.2.1 from here banking apps all work so far and safetynet passes while rooted.
Viper installed - selinux enforcing
Oneplus camera included

I'm not a power user by any means, I don't use g-pay and I don't care about autobrightness, but so far this seems to work just as well as crDroid 7 for my needs.

Thank you so much - what amazing Devs!!

Extreme_Ninja2099

Jan 1, 2017
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6T
I'm on aicp 11 too. Curious about this. I've seen aicp folks merge stuff from OnePlus firmware too. Not too sure though
@nijohnson @slayerjain Well the safest option is to restore back to OOS 11 using msm or try this
  1. Do the installation method
  2. When done, go to recovery mode and factory reset (wiping is a MUST if coming from another ROM, it's not required if you're updating)
  3. Reboot to system

Reactions: nijohnson

K14_Deploy

Oct 3, 2020
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
LG G5
Installed. Works pretty well, other than the refresh doesn't go above 60 unless you force it to do so (which isn't great for battery) and I'd like to see the ability to set refresh per app as well. I can understand no face unlock as it's just not at all secure. It's a picture.

Did try with NickGApps, but Assistant didn't work at all so now using MTG (which just got updated).

Also can anyone confirm if this ROM can be used with TWRP even if I use the TWRP sideload feature? I'd like to be able to install zips without a computer.

Edit: it doesn't force 120, the refresh goes down again eventually. Also it should be mentioned the A12 animations aren't quite correct though that's extreme nitpicking. Overall great.

Last edited:

slayerjain

Jul 31, 2021
New Delhi
Installed. Works pretty well, other than the refresh doesn't go above 60 unless you force it to do so (which isn't great for battery) and I'd like to see the ability to set refresh per app as well. I can understand no face unlock as it's just not at all secure. It's a picture.

Did try with NickGApps, but Assistant didn't work at all so now using MTG (which just got updated).

Also can anyone confirm if this ROM can be used with TWRP even if I use the TWRP sideload feature? I'd like to be able to install zips without a computer.

Edit: it doesn't force 120, the refresh goes down again eventually. Also it should be mentioned the A12 animations aren't quite correct though that's extreme nitpicking. Overall great.
I run my phone constantly at 120Hz on AICP ROM and fine with the battery life. Eagerly waiting for 120Hz on this ROM too before flashing

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good afternoon. Please tell me you were involved in this release of crDroidAndroid-12.1-20220603-instantnoodlep-v8.5? May I know what changes have been made? Thanks in advance.
    U obvs don't follow the telegram chat. Hildo/firebird11 has dropped support for the 8 series + 8T. The new maintainer is Parab and he released the new 8.5 build 20220603.
    I don't recommend updating to it yet as it has bugs like no bluetooth audio, missing fingerprint tweaks (custom icon + animation) and high brightness mode QS toggle is missing. There'll be a new build out soon that'll fix these issues and maybe have the June security patch and release as 8.6. But idk atm
    great work here.

- Safenet Pass
    - Unlimited Google Backup
    - Super fast
    - Banking app work without problem
    - face-unlock
    - custom gesture
    - A lot of custom features
    - bootloader locked with this guide, (haven't tried the OTA yet): https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ustom-rom-such-as-lineageos-official.4260825/
    So does this mean this rom is still being updated? I'm ashamed to say it but I jumped ship when Firebird said he could not longer maintain. Maybe I need to switch back....,..
    It is updated by Parab and it works fine. Make sure u use Nikgapps-SL version for gapps. New updated has June Patch
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer

I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device

You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/12.0/README.mkdn

flashing instructions:

for first install:
    • be on the latest 11 firmware on both slots
    • also download recovery
    • reboot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    • reboot to recovery
    • choose "Factory reset"
    • choose "Apply update"
    • reboot recovery
    • choose "Apply update"
    • adb sideload "gapps"
    • reboot to system
    to update:
    • reboot to recovery
    • choose "Apply update"
    • reboot recovery
    • choose "Apply update"
    • adb sideload "gapps"
    • reboot system
    some large gapps packages will not install due to lack off space

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: kernel url

Download:
    ROM download
    Changelog: Changelog

crDroid OnePlus 8 Telegram group
    Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help our team pay server costs

XDA:DevDB Information
    crdroidandroid, ROM for the OnePlus 8P

Contributors

firebird11
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    new build up !
    new builds are up !
    sorry for the long absence
    hi everyone,
    due to personal reasons i can no longer maintain this (or any other) device.
    i'm not gonna bother everyone why this is but it's temporary only i don't know how long.
    i hope we find someone to replace me while i'm absent.
    In the meanwhile keep enjoying crDroid and we'll meet again :)
    I've been daily driving this for about a week and was waiting for a thread to post in. I haven't tried any of the other A12 roms, so I can't compare, but this is bonkers good straight out the gate. I came from crDroid 7.14.

I had no problem flashing, I installed Nikgapps A12 version from here and did the obligatory factory reset.
    It's got all the customisation features I love about crDroid including Pulse - YAY! Safetynet passes straight out the box.
    I got Magisk zygisk installed with safetynet fix 2.2.1 from here banking apps all work so far and safetynet passes while rooted.
    Viper installed - selinux enforcing
    Oneplus camera included

I'm not a power user by any means, I don't use g-pay and I don't care about autobrightness, but so far this seems to work just as well as crDroid 7 for my needs.

Thank you so much - what amazing Devs!!