ROM[OFFICIAL][instantnoodlep][12.1]**crDroid**[V8.4]

Search This thread

d3viou5

Jun 4, 2007
Why this complicated? Just sideload the Magisk flash file in Recovery and let the Magisk App install the rest.

Whatever works for you. My experience of A/B parition phones, and flashing boot partitions from recovery is it's better to boot from a modified boot.img and direct install, than flash a broken boot.img and have to recover from it. From what I can gather these are also the instructions that are posted on the Magisk github:

Last edited:

didicola

Feb 15, 2009
the recovery is flashed twice like this?
  1. Type "fastboot flash recovery_a recovery.img " file name (do twrp + press tab) and press enter
  2. Then press enter and type this: fastboot flash recovery_b recovery.img
at the sideload procedure every time at 41% fails and shows total xfer 0.93x

d3viou5

Jun 4, 2007
the recovery is flashed twice like this?
  1. Type "fastboot flash recovery_a recovery.img " file name (do twrp + press tab) and press enter
  2. Then press enter and type this: fastboot flash recovery_b recovery.img
at the sideload procedure every time at 41% fails and shows total xfer 0.93x
Are you trying to flash TWRP? I would ask in the TWRP thread if so. AFAIK it's not supported on A12 ROMs.

didicola

Feb 15, 2009
No m8 I tried to flash the ROM with the provided recovery
But it seems that the instructions are universal and not specific for op8p which has a/b partitions
I made everything like discribed but at 41 % of sideload it fails and I asked if it is needed to flash at both partitions the recovery

d3viou5

Jun 4, 2007
Ok, sorry. Might be better waiting for someone else to answer this. I used the evo-x fastboot installer to install this rom. But that's probably far from the "official" way to do this and "at your own risk".

Maybe I'm wrong, but as long as you are on OOS 11 on both slots there isn't a need to flash recovery to both slots. It only switches slots after an update, so flash the recovery to your current slot and reboot into recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: didicola

didicola

Feb 15, 2009
so i flashed the recovery at both partitions and flashed the zip to make both partitions identical
then i rebooted to recovery and flashed with otg stick the rom and gapps after the reboot to recovery
smoking fast way better the "oxygenos 12"coloros and faster than oss11
drm l1 gpay works what else to ask for

Reactions: HolyHog and d3viou5

Evanon

Jun 18, 2016
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hello, im still on 11.0.9.9.IN11AA (IN2020)
Rooted with magisk, what is the best method to update, and can i keep my photos and files? Looking forward to update finally, thanks.

Extreme_Ninja2099

Jan 1, 2017
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 6T
You will be missed, but hopefully when we do get a new maintainer we won't have to clean install and carry on getting updates. It will be annoying and when u come back too. Clean installing as u left and when u come back 😭

May 30, 2020
Hi, I'm coming from AOSP extended, which I flashed coming from stock OOS11 + "fastboot update image.zip". Do I need to MSM-unbrick before I install this rom or can I flash right away without having to do any prior re-stocking first? Thanks!

d3viou5

Jun 4, 2007
Hi, I'm coming from AOSP extended, which I flashed coming from stock OOS11 + "fastboot update image.zip". Do I need to MSM-unbrick before I install this rom or can I flash right away without having to do any prior re-stocking first? Thanks!

I would say you'll be fine. I've had no problems switching between aosp/lineage builds without msm'ing each time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good afternoon. Please tell me you were involved in this release of crDroidAndroid-12.1-20220603-instantnoodlep-v8.5? May I know what changes have been made? Thanks in advance.
    U obvs don't follow the telegram chat. Hildo/firebird11 has dropped support for the 8 series + 8T. The new maintainer is Parab and he released the new 8.5 build 20220603.
    I don't recommend updating to it yet as it has bugs like no bluetooth audio, missing fingerprint tweaks (custom icon + animation) and high brightness mode QS toggle is missing. There'll be a new build out soon that'll fix these issues and maybe have the June security patch and release as 8.6. But idk atm
    great work here.

- Safenet Pass
    - Unlimited Google Backup
    - Super fast
    - Banking app work without problem
    - face-unlock
    - custom gesture
    - A lot of custom features
    - bootloader locked with this guide, (haven't tried the OTA yet): https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ustom-rom-such-as-lineageos-official.4260825/
    BE3pE0l.png

Code:
    *** Disclaimer

I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device

You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features:
    https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/12.0/README.mkdn

flashing instructions:

for first install:
    • be on the latest 11 firmware on both slots
    • download the file named like this: crDroidAndroid-12.0-XXXXXXXX-instantnoodlep-v8.X.zip
    • also download recovery
    • put it in the same folder where your adb files are
    • reboot to bootloader
    • fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
    • reboot to recovery
    • choose "Factory reset"
    • choose "Apply update"
    • adb sideload "crDroidAndroid-12.0-XXXXXXXX-instantnoodlep-v8.X.zip"
    • reboot recovery
    • choose "Apply update"
    • adb sideload "gapps"
    • reboot to system
    to update:
    • download the file named like this: crDroidAndroid-12.0-XXXXXXXX-instantnoodlep-v8.X.zip
    • put it in the same folder where your adb files are
    • reboot to recovery
    • choose "Apply update"
    • adb sideload "crDroidAndroid-12.0-XXXXXXXX-instantnoodlep-v8.X.zip"
    • reboot recovery
    • choose "Apply update"
    • adb sideload "gapps"
    • reboot system
    some large gapps packages will not install due to lack off space

Sources:
    ROM: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    Kernel: kernel url

Download:
    ROM download
    Changelog: Changelog

crDroid OnePlus 8 Telegram group
    Visit official website @ crDroid.net
    crDroid Community Telegram
    Donate to help our team pay server costs

XDA:DevDB Information
    crdroidandroid, ROM for the OnePlus 8P

Contributors

firebird11
    Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid
    new build up !
    new builds are up !
    sorry for the long absence
    hi everyone,
    due to personal reasons i can no longer maintain this (or any other) device.
    i'm not gonna bother everyone why this is but it's temporary only i don't know how long.
    i hope we find someone to replace me while i'm absent.
    In the meanwhile keep enjoying crDroid and we'll meet again :)
    I've been daily driving this for about a week and was waiting for a thread to post in. I haven't tried any of the other A12 roms, so I can't compare, but this is bonkers good straight out the gate. I came from crDroid 7.14.

I had no problem flashing, I installed Nikgapps A12 version from here and did the obligatory factory reset.
    It's got all the customisation features I love about crDroid including Pulse - YAY! Safetynet passes straight out the box.
    I got Magisk zygisk installed with safetynet fix 2.2.1 from here banking apps all work so far and safetynet passes while rooted.
    Viper installed - selinux enforcing
    Oneplus camera included

I'm not a power user by any means, I don't use g-pay and I don't care about autobrightness, but so far this seems to work just as well as crDroid 7 for my needs.

Thank you so much - what amazing Devs!!