Yep, idk if this fixes it, but I never had the same issue again after turning off pocket detection in settings -> CrDroid settings -> Miscellaneous
No it's just that Parab made the latest build a few days before releasing it to the OTA updater. So the build date is old and confuses the Internal updater. Just ignore it once you've already updated it
It is updated by Parab and it works fine. Make sure u use Nikgapps-SL version for gapps. New updated has June Patch
For data/mobile network, you're supposed to be on latest OOS 11 to install CrDroid 8.6 not ColorOSHello, I installed on instantnoodlep the crDroid 8.6, just wiped the colorOs 12.1. I discovered 2 issues:
- haptics vibration is not working on keyboard
- manual network search in not working, and this is form me very important, I cannot search manually the carriers .... I had this issue on lineageos .... (.can someone confirm if he can search manually a carrier and select ... Of course) if I this automatic network search to disable , I get the error "can't find networks" (this was on sim 1 and also on sim 2) ....any ideea ?!...
Great , I will downgrade with unbrick tool, and update OOS to the latest, than I will reinstall CR-Droid (without Gapps )... Thanks a lot!
Update to OOS 11 not OOS 12! Here are the OOS builds on XDA: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/oneplus-8-pro-rom-ota-oxygen-os-repo-of-oxygen-os-builds.4084315/
I did that, i use IN2023 european version, i downgrade (using unbck tool to OOS 10.5) than updated to OOS11.0.4 (not 11.0.11) and from here i installed CrDroid 8.6, the problem persist still cannot search in manual mode the networks on both sim cards .....Update to OOS 11 not OOS 12! Here are the OOS builds on XDA: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/oneplus-8-pro-rom-ota-oxygen-os-repo-of-oxygen-os-builds.4084315/
Can be that i used H2OS HyfrogenOS on this device ...? but with unbrick tool takes me back to OOS ...I did that, i use IN2023 european version, i downgrade (using unbck tool to OOS 10.5) than updated to OOS11.0.4 (not 11.0.11) and from here i installed CrDroid 8.6, the problem persist still cannot search in manual mode the networks on both sim cards .....
Here what i did the oreder
- downgrade with unbrick tool with OOS 10.5 firmware for European version
- updated usin local update in system update to OOS 11.0.4 european version
- fastboot unlock OEM
- install CrDroid 8.8 recovery on A and B slot
- boot from CrDroid recovery,; factory reset, than enter update: adb sideload CrDroid 8.6 (on Slot A)
- booted first time CrDroid ,
- tested is manual network search is working , but i get the same error: "couldn't find networks. try again" without even entering in search mode , and waiting ....
Any sugesstion ( what would be still left is to update to OOS 11.0.11 what it the latest , but i dont think this would be an issue .... beacuase is only a security patch ... the diffrence between OOS11.0.4 to OOS 11.0.11
I give a donation 15€ who gives me a working solution ...
Mainly for password encryption so u can't factory reset straight from recovery and u need to enter the password... Delete magisk modules that causes bootlooping, Creating nandroid backups and restore and flashing magisk/.zip files. That's probs the main difference between twrp and ROM versions of lineage recovery
So it is the end of the month and still no update. I asked in the telegram group but did not get any answers.As this XDA thread has been quiet for a while. There has been an update about the support for CrDroid 8 (A12/A12.1)...
CrDroid 8.7 will be the last build and there won't be 8.8 or any new updates sadly.
Going forward, the new maintainer Saurabh Parab will be releasing CrDroid 9 (A13) this month and will be based on/ Requires OOS 12. A new XDA thread will be created and a method to install it will be posted when it comes out
*** Disclaimer I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device You have been warned