• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Official] Kali NetHunter for the Huawei Nexus 6P Android 8.1

Search This thread

yesimxev

May 8, 2017
@yesimxev Hey man, thanks for the reply. I've looked on NH chroot too, but at last on my phone I don't find that file. So I've decided to get back to version 2020.4 to see what happens and I've found that if you pur tigervnc related packages on hold from update (sudo apt-mark hold tigervnc-common tigervnc-standalone-server) , everything still works. I don't know if this is relevant, but, well, huh... Sorry, rusted English. LoL

Edit: ok, I don't know if this is only with me, but not everything works. Over installed everything again from zero, nethunter 2020.4, put tigervnc on hold and do a full-dist upgrade. Everything works but KeX. It starts the server normally. But when I try to stop server using nethunter app, my phone freezes. LoL
I almost forgot. The nethunter app in using right now is the 2021.2
Recent kali update has different xstartup, so before it's patched properly for NH, use this workaround
Code:
sudo wget -O /root/.vnc/xstartup https://gitlab.com/kalilinux/packages/kali-win-kex/-/raw/kali/master/usr/lib/win-kex/xstartup && chmod a+x /root/.vnc/xstartup
so tigervncserver should run. Not sure why it freezes on stop.
Locate the file, if you install the full latest NH zip from here, it should have it
Code:
updatedb && locate libgcc_s.so.1

Btw does these commands work to start and stop? vncserver and vncserver -kill :1 ?

Reactions: Nutri Kazuma

Nutri Kazuma

Jul 5, 2021
@yesimxev here I am, again. LoL

I do everything you suggested, but still get lots of errors and bugs not related to anything in special, so I've decided to start all over again, from beginning. Format factory, flash original Android 8.1, then root, and finally i decided to start flashing Nethunter from 2020.4 (the first version I've used), and everything do fine, but I always noticed that after flash Nethunter from TWRP, on first start Nethunter says there's no chroot installed and I don't know why, so I have to install it manually, but this never bother me. Ok, after chroot installed, I start to update/upgrade everything, starting from Nethunter app, and then chroot. Applied the patch you mentioned before for KeX and now everything are working like a charm. But (ok, another but), after configured all my custom commands again, afraid to loose it all again I decided to do a backup, AND the backup option isn't working. It try to create a file called FragmentCustomCommands, but only creates a file called "replaceholder" with 0 bytes inside nh_files/nh_sql_backups. All other options to create backups are working fine, so I think the folder permissions are fine.
There's another way to create a backup for custom commands?
And the last question, did you know if theres any kernel for nexus 6p thats supports USB ConfigFS?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

yesimxev

May 8, 2017
@yesimxev here I am, again. LoL

I do everything you suggested, but still get lots of errors and bugs not related to anything in special, so I've decided to start all over again, from beginning. Format factory, flash original Android 8.1, then root, and finally i decided to start flashing Nethunter from 2020.4 (the first version I've used), and everything do fine, but I always noticed that after flash Nethunter from TWRP, on first start Nethunter says there's no chroot installed and I don't know why, so I have to install it manually, but this never bother me. Ok, after chroot installed, I start to update/upgrade everything, starting from Nethunter app, and then chroot. Applied the patch you mentioned before for KeX and now everything are working like a charm. But (ok, another but), after configured all my custom commands again, afraid to loose it all again I decided to do a backup, AND the backup option isn't working. It try to create a file called FragmentCustomCommands, but only creates a file called "replaceholder" with 0 bytes inside nh_files/nh_sql_backups. All other options to create backups are working fine, so I think the folder permissions are fine.
There's another way to create a backup for custom commands?
And the last question, did you know if theres any kernel for nexus 6p thats supports USB ConfigFS?

Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure what's happening there, just tried saving a HID cmd payload from HID attacks and couldn't see where it gone. Will debug, probably wrong path for /sdcard

Kernels 3.x does not support configFS, hence using Drivedroid, and USB keyboard app

Nutri Kazuma

Jul 5, 2021
I'm not sure what's happening there, just tried saving a HID cmd payload from HID attacks and couldn't see where it gone. Will debug, probably wrong path for /sdcard

Kernels 3.x does not support configFS, hence using Drivedroid, and USB keyboard app
I don't know if this is relevant, but at last in my phone (nexus 6p, of course) , the ”/sdcard" also shows as "/emulated/storage/0" on Root Explorer.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210730-211209.png
    Screenshot_20210730-211209.png
    232.1 KB · Views: 6

Nutri Kazuma

Jul 5, 2021
Yeah most phones does that. Just the way it's mounted as /sdcard
Hey, thanks for the reply. I have a little problem here with the custom commands menu on Nethunter app, because to facilitate my life, I've create almost 40 different commands (and there's some more coming), so this is why I pointed to the backup problem on custom commands menu, but can I ask you something more? Is that possible to implement on custom commands menu some kind of categories or sub menus?
Like "Categorie 1 - commands for this" "Categorie 2 - commands for that"...
I don't know if this is the case for every Nethunter user, but maybe come in hand for more people.

Reactions: UsPdSr

RonTheRedHat

Aug 6, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to install Nethunter on my Nexus 6P with Android 8.1. I am currently having problem with monitor mode using internal wifi chip. I could use nexutil,monstart command in the Android SU terminal but not in Kali terminal. It showed up "command not found".

Please help....

yesimxev

May 8, 2017
Hello Everyone,

I am trying to install Nethunter on my Nexus 6P with Android 8.1. I am currently having problem with monitor mode using internal wifi chip. I could use nexutil,monstart command in the Android SU terminal but not in Kali terminal. It showed up "command not found".

Please help....
Please see my instructions on the post. Nexmon in AndroidSU and the export in NH Terminal. However, looks like the EAPOL packets are malformed so that's still need to be solved in kalilibnexmon

yesimxev

May 8, 2017
Hey, thanks for the reply. I have a little problem here with the custom commands menu on Nethunter app, because to facilitate my life, I've create almost 40 different commands (and there's some more coming), so this is why I pointed to the backup problem on custom commands menu, but can I ask you something more? Is that possible to implement on custom commands menu some kind of categories or sub menus?
Like "Categorie 1 - commands for this" "Categorie 2 - commands for that"...
I don't know if this is the case for every Nethunter user, but maybe come in hand for more people.
Yes I had tons of commands too, and "grouping" with a keyword so I can filter when needed. I'll try to debug the location issue soon. We'll look into grouping at some point in the future. Good point!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    nethunter-git-logo.png

I present to you: Kali NetHunter for the Huawei Nexus 6P Android 8.1 Oreo

This is the recommended stable version for the Nexus 6P.

Kali NetHunter is an Android ROM overlay that turns an ordinary phone into the ultimate Mobile Penetration Testing Platform.
    The overlay includes a custom kernel, a Kali Linux chroot, an accompanying Android application, which allows for easier interaction with various security tools and attacks, as well as a client to the Kali NetHunter App Store.
    Beyond the penetration testing tools arsenal within Kali Linux and the Kali NetHunter App Store, NetHunter also supports several additional classes, such as HID Keyboard Attacks, BadUSB attacks, Evil AP MANA attacks, and much more. For more information about the moving parts that make up NetHunter, check out our NetHunter Components page.
    NetHunter is an open-source project developed by Offensive Security and the community.

~ Prerequisites ~
    - Android 8.1 - https://developers.google.com/android/images
    - TWRP - https://twrp.me/
    - Magisk – https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk

~~ Downloads ~~
    - NetHunter: https://www.offensive-security.com/kali-linux-nethunter-download/

~~ How to Install ~~
    - Update to / flash latest official Android release
    - Install TWRP
    - Copy Magisk and NetHunter image to USB drive
    - Reboot into TWRP, insert USB drive.
    - flash NetHunter image
    - flash Magisk
    - Reboot
    - Run NetHunter app
    - Reboot
    ~~~ Notes & Updates ~~~

Nexmon is included in the 2020.2 release.

Credits: The Offensive Security Team and the NetHunter community, huge thanks to yesimxev, & kimocoder.

Android Version: 8.1

XDA: DevDB Information
    Kali Nethunter, Kernel & ROM for the Huawei Nexus 6P

Contributors
    @Re4son, @kimocoder, @yesimxev

Source Code: https://gitlab.com/kalilinux/nethunter/
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/Re4son/android_kernel_huawei_angler
    So, after finally gettting my hands on a OnePlus 6 I lost the focus on the topic for some time;although I even used the Nexus 6p still in tandem after getting the OnePlus..^^

Android Ten is an incredible pain in the ass.
    In addition is the kernel compiling with clang somewhat of a secret in regard of tutorials and YouTube videos, which sucks enormously, after getting a quipped to using one toolchain...

I compiled a new kernel for Android Ten successfully, with the source in this sub-forum here.*

Of course, I didn't test it and forgot I had it, after I received the new phone.

I am very neat with my backups, but I have a modified Chromebook which is currently running Ubuntu(yeah, I am not that keen either..) with just 64GB storage, which I use at the moment for some stuff.

Because the storage is extremely sucky, I somehow deleted it. o/

The good news is, I know that it worked, so if I have the time to compile it again I let you guys know.
    I think this is enough for my daily diary entry and back to topic it goes.

I got the 6P with Nexmon finally working, but the system is practically unusable.

I have never experienced this device so unstable and before something happend, I will wipe the system asap.

If the dev's have no idea, eventually we have to get used to the thought that a stable usage of the chipset's internal monitor mode is only possible with Android 7.

I hope you guys are well and your families of course and you behave..

Greetings!

UsPdSr

Annotation

*https://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6p/development/kernel-alpha-kernel-v2-0-t4114393
    @yesimxev @Re4son @kimocoder

It would be much appreciated if you guys could take a look at the Nexmon issues..!?

I tried to solve your problem, I did this.
    @UsPdSr

I used the Factory Images for Nexus 6p!
    8.1.0 (OPM7.181205.001, Dec 2018)
    https://developers.google.com/android/images#angler

I used the platform-tools_r26.0.2-windows

https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools_r26.0.2-windows.zip

8.1.0 (OPM7.181205.001, Dec 2018)
    angler-opm7.181205.001-factory-b75ce068.zip

1. Start flash-all.bat

Restart

2. Android 8.1 first start, the first standard settings are executed.
    Restart / Bootloader

3. Install TWRP twrp-3.4.0-0-angler.img 16.5M 2020-06-21 21:31:58 EDT
    Fastboot flash recovery <filename>.img

4. Start TWRP Recovery / Reboot into TWRP, insert USB drive.
    - Flash NetHunter image
    Nexus 6P Oreo 2020.2 1.3G 01bee92fde6f0afb5afaadcd001433730c1994145d92fb5691427e1c3f36bc5b
    https://images.offensive-security.com/nethunter/nethunter-2020.2-angler-oreo-kalifs-full.zip
    - nethunter-2020.2-angler-oreo-kalifs-full.zip

4.1 Reboot / Start Android

4.2 Restart / Reboot into TWRP, insert USB drive
    - Flash Magisk
    Magisk-v20.4.zip

5. Reboot

6. Run NetHunter App + Magisk Root rights!

7. Reboot

8. Run NetHunter Terminal / KALI select!

9. Source monstart-nh

It's not working!
    airodump-ng wlan0
    wifite -i wlan0
    aireplay-ng -9 wlan0

10. Reboot TWRP Recovery

Copy this file
    11. fw_bcmdhd.bin.nexmon --> https://gitlab.com/kalilinux/nethun...69/oreo/angler/nexmon-fw/fw_bcmdhd.bin.nexmon

fw_bcmdhd.bin --> /vendor/firmware
    Replace!

12. Reboot System

13. Run NetHunter Terminal
    source monstart-nh
    airodump-ng wlan0 --> Works
    wifite -i wlan0 ----> Works
    aireplay-ng -9 wlan0 --> works

Unfortunately the whole system is very unstable with Nethunter!
    I don't know why that is!
    Little teaser of what more is to come :D

kalilibnexmon.so-in-action.png
    Many thanks for this release. Nethunter works like a Charme