- May 8, 2017
I present to you: Kali NetHunter for the OnePlus One LineageOS 18.1 R
This is the latest (experimental) version for the OnePlus One.
Kali NetHunter is an Android ROM overlay that turns an ordinary phone into the ultimate Mobile Penetration Testing Platform.
The overlay includes a custom kernel, a Kali Linux chroot, an accompanying Android application, which allows for easier interaction with various security tools and attacks, as well as a client to the Kali NetHunter App Store.
Beyond the penetration testing tools arsenal within Kali Linux and the Kali NetHunter App Store, NetHunter also supports several additional classes, such as HID Keyboard Attacks, BadUSB attacks, Evil AP MANA attacks, and much more. For more information about the moving parts that make up NetHunter, check out our NetHunter Components page.
NetHunter is an open-source project developed by Offensive Security and the community.
~ Prerequisites ~
- Lineage 18.1 - https://download.lineageos.org/bacon
- Gapps if needed - https://opengapps.org
- TWRP - https://twrp.me/oneplus/oneplusone.html
- Magisk – https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk
~~ Downloads ~~
- NetHunter: https://images.kali.org/nethunter/nethunter-2021.2-oneplus1-eleven-kalifs-full.zip
~~ How to Install ~~
Assuming you have unlocked bootloader
- Flash TWRP
- Copy Lineage, Magisk and NetHunter image to USB drive or the device
- Boot into TWRP, insert USB drive.
- Flash Lineage, and Gapps if needed, Magisk, reboot and do initial setup
- Reboot into TWRP
- Flash NetHunter
- Update and run NetHunter app
~~~ Notes & Updates ~~~
- RTL88XXAU driver added, tested with AWUS1900
- Y-cable is still supported, just need to have it as a Custom Command or in a script (AndroidSU)
bootkali ycable start
bootkali ycable stop
- Mana is being replaced, for the time being you can downgrade iptables with the following :
wget http://old.kali.org/kali/pool/main/i/iptables/iptables_1.6.2-1.1_armhf.deb wget http://old.kali.org/kali/pool/main/i/iptables/libip4tc0_1.6.2-1.1_armhf.deb wget http://old.kali.org/kali/pool/main/i/iptables/libip6tc0_1.6.2-1.1_armhf.deb wget http://old.kali.org/kali/pool/main/i/iptables/libiptc0_1.6.2-1.1_armhf.deb wget http://old.kali.org/kali/pool/main/i/iptables/libxtables12_1.6.2-1.1_armhf.deb dpkg -i *.deb apt-mark hold iptables apt-mark hold libip4tc0 apt-mark hold libip6tc0 apt-mark hold libiptc0 apt-mark hold libxtables12
- Bluetooth Arsenal is supported, but you need to downgrade Bluez to 4.101 by compiling it in Kali chroot and installing "on top of" current Bluez so the bluetooth service will be able to run
- To downgrade to bluez-4.101:
apt-get update && apt-get install libdbus-1-dev libglib2.0-dev apt-mark hold bluez wget http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/bluetooth/bluez-4.101.tar.gz tar xvf bluez-4.101.tar.gz && cd bluez-4.101 ./configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --libexecdir=/lib --build=arm make && make install
Please note that BLE is not supported in bluez-4.x. If you prefer to use that, keep bluez-5.x
- KeX may not work out of the box - the latest kali repo's xstartup is different, hence needs replacing
sudo wget -O /root/.vnc/xstartup https://gitlab.com/kalilinux/packages/kali-win-kex/-/raw/kali/master/usr/lib/win-kex/xstartup chmod a+x /root/.vnc/xstartup
Credits: The Offensive Security Team and the NetHunter community
Android Version: 11.0
XDA: DevDB Information
Kali Nethunter, Kernel & ROM for the OnePlus One
Source Code: https://gitlab.com/kalilinux/nethunter/
Kernel Source: https://github.com/yesimxev/android_kernel_oppo_msm8974
Follow me on Twitter!