• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL]Kali NetHunter for the Xiaomi Mi A3 LinageOS18.1

Search This thread

yesimxev

May 8, 2017
Ctrl^c and other Ctrl options are not working too, I think there is some kind of problem with Ctrl button on Nethunter terminal. I am actually using an SSH client called far commander to run commands and access terminal now. Hacker Keyboard works fine on my device BTW.
You are right. Ctrl works with the arrows on there but not with keyboard app. There's going to be a huge update for the NH terminal, but needs time. It all worked on earlier ROMs btw. @Gregbmil1 for hackers keyboard, that's odd. Try installing from NH store, maybe that version is fine. If you really did full factory reset, that should solve. Still try uninstalling from AndroidSU
Code:
pm clear org.pocketworkstation.pckeyboard
and reboot, then reinstall from NH Store. Use select option in NH menu, so when you select what you need, it's copied rightaway without spaces on the begin and end

Reactions: arunbiju969
You are right. Ctrl works with the arrows on there but not with keyboard app. There's going to be a huge update for the NH terminal, but needs time. It all worked on earlier ROMs btw. @Gregbmil1 for hackers keyboard, that's odd. Try installing from NH store, maybe that version is fine. If you really did full factory reset, that should solve. Still try uninstalling from AndroidSU
Code:
and reboot, then reinstall from NH Store. Use select option in NH menu, so when you select what you need, it's copied rightaway without spaces on the begin and end
I did a screen record. I factory reset and it still happens. When I enable hacker keyboard everything is fine untill I go to use the keyboard, lol. Then I'm left with no keyboard at all until I enable Gboard again.

Attachments

• 20210710_215026.mp4
    48.5 MB · Views: 0

arunbiju969

Apr 27, 2014
Adimali
Xiaomi Mi A3
I did a screen record. I factory reset and it still happens. When I enable hacker keyboard everything is fine untill I go to use the keyboard, lol. Then I'm left with no keyboard at all until I enable Gboard again
I did a screen record. I factory reset and it still happens. When I enable hacker keyboard everything is fine untill I go to use the keyboard, lol. Then I'm left with no keyboard at all until I enable Gboard again.
Are you on LOS 18? I think it's a kind of compatibility issue ( Hackers keyboard has not been receiving any updates for some time )

arunbiju969

Apr 27, 2014
Adimali
Xiaomi Mi A3
Code:
That is great news 🥳, Also I have a question about the Bluetooth arsenal and I know there is no one better to answer this than you 😉. What type of adapter should I buy to test this, Is there any list for supported chipsets?

It's been a few days but I learned why Hacker Keyboard is so messed up on my phone. Lol, I feel like an idiot not realizing because everything else works just fine. But this whole time I had and still have Bromite Webview installed instead of Goolge Webview. Now I'm not going to pretend I know what a Webview does, lol but I do know I really like Bromite and officially have Chrome disabled. It's worth not having Hacker Keyboard

DIVESHDR

Mar 5, 2021
If you have followed the instructions and flashed all fine, it should show. What adapter is that? Model and chipset number? Is it working on a Kali laptop/desktop?
Adapter Chipset MT7601U
IMG_20210716_112843.jpg

This adapter is working fine in my laptop
I think you have to add MT7601U this driver to kernel

Hey guys, I just learned something. I was browsing through /bin today. I seen a file in there labeled "bootkali" so I when to Termux. su ; bootkali ; and to my surprise kali booted up! The best thing about this is that I am still in Termux, which means I can actually copy and paste, have End and Home buttons and just have a better terminal than the NetHunter one

Jlvallejo

Aug 9, 2021
Hello, could you make a video explaining the step by step.
[ROM] [OFFICIAL] Kali NetHunter for the Xiaomi Mi A3 LinageOS18.1
Thanks a lot

Mracho69

Aug 28, 2020
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
USB Adapter problems

Hello wonderful people

Yesterday I got my hands on kali nethunter for the mi a3.
Today I went out to buy a usb type C to standard usb adapter for my TP Link TL-WN722N V1.10
I mainly want to use it for the aircrack-ng project for packet monitoring. I didn't flash gapps because I didn't find a good reason to.

Skipping to the point...

Neither the wifi adapter work nor a usb stick.

The usb + usb adapter work with my daily driver the poco x3 pro but still no wifi card. ( daily isn't even rooted currently with pixel experience )

Thank you for everyones time on this project.

yesimxev

May 8, 2017
USB Adapter problems

Hello wonderful people

Yesterday I got my hands on kali nethunter for the mi a3.
Today I went out to buy a usb type C to standard usb adapter for my TP Link TL-WN722N V1.10
I mainly want to use it for the aircrack-ng project for packet monitoring. I didn't flash gapps because I didn't find a good reason to.

Skipping to the point...

Neither the wifi adapter work nor a usb stick.

The usb + usb adapter work with my daily driver the poco x3 pro but still no wifi card. ( daily isn't even rooted currently with pixel experience )

Thank you for everyones time on this project.
Do you flash in Lineage recovery?

yesimxev

May 8, 2017
Hey guys, I just learned something. I was browsing through /bin today. I seen a file in there labeled "bootkali" so I when to Termux. su ; bootkali ; and to my surprise kali booted up! The best thing about this is that I am still in Termux, which means I can actually copy and paste, have End and Home buttons and just have a better terminal than the NetHunter one
Sure, yes future plan is a Termux & NHTerminal build

Mracho69

Aug 28, 2020
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Does the kernel flash successfully? Show me your kernel version and result of
Code:
lsusb -t
in NH terminal please
ok in the system settings it says lineage_laurel_sprout-userdebug 11 RQ3A.210605.005 eng.haruke.202110619.095129 test-keys

but in kali nethunter Kernal version is
Linux kali 4.14.229-Nethunte-18.1 -yesimxev #3 SMP PREEMPT Sat May 1 00:22:42 BST 2021 aarch64

Reactions: yesimxev

Mracho69

Aug 28, 2020
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
ok in the system settings it says lineage_laurel_sprout-userdebug 11 RQ3A.210605.005 eng.haruke.202110619.095129 test-keys

Linux kali 4.14.229-Nethunte-18.1 -yesimxev #3 SMP PREEMPT Sat May 1 00:22:42 BST 2021 aarch64
I am stupid. Kernal is "Linux kali 4.14.229-Nethunte-18.1 -yesimxev #3 SMP PREEMPT Sat May 1 00:22:42 BST 2021 aarch64" lineage_laurel.... was my build number ! Still can't get my wireless card to work , any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https-_gitlab-com_kalilinux_nethunter_build-scripts_kali-nethunter-project_raw_master_images_n-png.5212293

I present to you: Kali NetHunter for the Xiaomi Mi A3 on LineageOS 18.1

Kali NetHunter is an Android ROM overlay that turns an ordinary phone into the ultimate Mobile Penetration Testing Platform.
    The overlay includes a custom kernel, a Kali Linux chroot, an accompanying Android application, which allows for easier interaction with various security tools and attacks, as well as a client to the Kali NetHunter App Store.
    Beyond the penetration testing tools arsenal within Kali Linux and the Kali NetHunter App Store, NetHunter also supports several additional classes, such as HID Keyboard Attacks, BadUSB attacks, Evil AP MANA attacks, and much more. For more information about the moving parts that make up NetHunter, check out our NetHunter Components page.
    NetHunter is an open-source project developed by Offensive Security and the community.

~ Prerequisites ~
    - Lineage 18.1 - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-11-unofficial-laurel_sprout-oss-lineageos-18-1.4240953/

~~ Downloads ~~
    - NetHunter installer: https://images.kali.org/nethunter/nethunter-2021.2-laurel_sprout-eleven-kalifs-full.zip
    - Magisk – https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk
    - Force Encryption Disabler for Treble - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=8889791610682920239

~~ How to Install ~~
    Assuming you have unlocked bootloader, flashed LOS, Gapps, Magisk and still in Linage recovery:
    To have encryption disabled, DON"T REBOOT TO SYSTEM, but follow these steps:
    - adb push and install or adb sideload DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip
    - Do initial setup
    - Reboot to recovery
    - adb push and install or adb sideload nethunter-2021.2-laurel_sprout-eleven-kalifs-full.zip
    - Reboot into system, setup or update Nethunter from NetHunter store and do a final reboot

~~~ Notes & Updates ~~~
    KeX is working, but the ROM does a soft reboot when server is started. Will be fixed at next release latest.

Credits: The Offensive Security Team and the NetHunter community

Android Version: 11.0

XDA: DevDB Information
    Kali Nethunter, Kernel & ROM for the Nokia Xiaomi Mi A3

Contributors
    @yesimxev
    For LineageOS: @Harukey
    Huge thanks as this project would not be possible without him!

Source Code: https://gitlab.com/kalilinux/nethunter/
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/yesimxev/android_kernel_laurel_sprout

Follow me on Twitter!
    THREAD CLEANED

Just a friendly reminder to keep it civil, on-topic and refrain from putting fuel to fire by responding to posts that you think are offensive or hateful. Just report if you feel something isn't right and let us take care of it for you, so that we can make your experience on the forum better. :)

Now let's all take a deep breath, and get back on topic, shall we?

Regards,
    shadowstep
    Forum Moderator
    Good going bro. Thanks a lot.
    there's a thing that is not clear... if i flash this rom the phone remain a phone? i can make calls? install goole apps? i have a phone with extra kaly functions? or trasform my phone in a little (and useleess) linux pc and remove all basic phone functions... because in the second case i don't understand the utility. but in thr first case it should be a good update
    I wouldn't say useless even if there's no phone functions. Not because of Kali or Linux, it's just a pentesting arsenal in your pocket. But no worries, all works. You flash Kali NetHunter on top of Android 11 (LineageOS 18.1 in this case)
    Does the kernel flash successfully? Show me your kernel version and result of
    Code:
    lsusb -t
    in NH terminal please