[ROM][OFFICIAL][kebab][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

card13

Nov 27, 2008
Tacoma
@anarchotaoist I upgraded to Kubuntu 21.04 to see if the issue continued and it did. I found under the "USB Preferences" an option that said "Charge this device", turned it off and it seems to be connecting more consistently. I only see this option when connected to my laptop's Type-C port, I don't see that option when connected to my desktop via USB-A port.

anarchotaoist

Jun 2, 2018
@anarchotaoist I upgraded to Kubuntu 21.04 to see if the issue continued and it did. I found under the "USB Preferences" an option that said "Charge this device", turned it off and it seems to be connecting more consistently. I only see this option when connected to my laptop's Type-C port, I don't see that option when connected to my desktop via USB-A port.
Ugh! That sucks!
I seem to have an issue with Dolphin (or Plasma) commandeering exclusive control of mtp. i.e If I shut down Dolphin, reboot, then I can connect to Cantata music player - but not Dolphin. If I first connect to Dolphin, then I cannot connect to Cantata or Gwenview! : /
I put in a bug report to KDE. Maybe it will be fixed in 21.10? Maybe I will have switched to a Linux phone by then if they become better?
Connection is working fine with USBc but generally not with USB-A. I am still on 20.10.
Surely, especially with all the talk of convergence, and the increasing popularity of phones to computers, you think this sort of thing would be sorted!

anarchotaoist

Jun 2, 2018
I just updated to the latest 31012021 build.
I cannot get the fingerprint to work! Only one finger is identified but even that times out before it gets to fully register!
Is there a solution?
Thanks.
Update: I was not on the latest build. Am now. Fingerprint is still broken.

Last edited:

anarchotaoist

Jun 2, 2018
15 minutes later "Qualcom crashdump mode"
What has happened? It will not shut down and I cannot adb to it! 😰
FIX: Hold down power, up and down buttons altogether until reboot to bootloader.

Last edited:

anarchotaoist

Jun 2, 2018
I just updated to the latest 31012021 build.
I cannot get the fingerprint to work! Only one finger is identified but even that times out before it gets to fully register!
Is there a solution?
Thanks.
Update: I was not on the latest build. Am now. Fingerprint is still broken.
Huh! Fingerprint now decided to work spontaneously! o_O :D

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
@LuK1337 Great ROM progress... I bought 8T International version KB2000 KB05AA variant. Unlocking now and May I ask if you have ROMInstaller.bat or can we flash sideload the update. Little bit confused to installation guide since no TWRP yet.

Thanks in advance.
Sorry but what's exactly confusing about the guide? It was pretty much reduced down to two fastboot commands...

tom65824

Aug 3, 2018
is it really sooo simple ?

I tried it according to this method :

But with fastboot flash system I got an error: -> Not enough space to resize partition"
Tried again according to these instructions: https://www.naldotech.com/lineageos-18-for-oneplus-8t-download-install/ but same problem.
Then I did some stupid actions and the T8 was brickt. :-(

Fortunately I was able to restore it to the original state:

hmm... I still want to have all the Bloadware away from the T8
Have that also used with my MIX 2S nice to run, even if that is already 2 years ago.

well... I'll try again in the next few days.If someone still has a tip because of the errors above - thanks in advance

KB2003 EU Model... updated to 11.0.7.10. - unbrick to OOS 11.0.5.6

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014

But with fastboot flash system I got an error: -> Not enough space to resize partition"
Tried again according to these instructions: https://www.naldotech.com/lineageos-18-for-oneplus-8t-download-install/ but same problem.

Have that also used with my MIX 2S nice to run, even if that is already 2 years ago.

well... I'll try again in the next few days.If someone still has a tip because of the errors above - thanks in advance

Consider not following some random videos.

chomsky55

Sep 21, 2020
Amsterdam

[/Q

Flash the ROM according to the instructions you can find in the original post!

anarchotaoist

Jun 2, 2018
Huh! Fingerprint now decided to work spontaneously! o_O :D
I have updated to lineage-18.1-20210217_093726-UNOFFICIAL-kebab
and I have the same issue trying to get the fingerprint to work again. This time the fingerprint image will not disappear (it overlays all screens) unless I reboot or log out and back in.
Hopefully it spontaneously works again. Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks.

Last edited:

tom65824

Aug 3, 2018
you are right... but as a non-native english speaker, it's easy to overlook and overread things, so it's easier to follow the (step by step) youtube videos.

will try it again (with op) these days and report back
(for now I'm glad that I could restore the original state) ;-)

OTAx1

Mar 13, 2019
>$ fastboot boot recovery.img

Where are we getting recovery.img file? It's not in the rom, & TWRP isn't released for 8T yet...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys.. hm... I am new oneplus user and i want to install this rom. Can someone help me? 🙂
    Instructions :
    Downloads :
    So if I use the official instructions I keep getting an error. It won't install via that method.

- I've tried updating the recovery.
    - I did a factory reset, format data.
    - I ran the copy partition script listed, and it ran successfully.

When trying to sideload the zip it says:

Step 1/2
    Error appying update 7 (ErrorCode : : kInstallDeviceOpenError)
    E:Error in /sideload/package.zip (status 1)

It goes no further. When I reboot, I still have the previous unofficial build.
    When trying to sideload the zip it says:

Step 1/2
    Error appying update 7 (ErrorCode : : kInstallDeviceOpenError)
    E:Error in /sideload/package.zip (status 1)

It goes no further. When I reboot, I still have the previous unofficial build.

I have the same issue so I looked at the recovery log and it looks like there's something being miscalculated during the partition setup, causing the error 7:

Code:
    [   52.774938] update_engine_sideload E 04-26 03:38:27   621   621 [ERROR:dynamic_partition_control_android.cc(803)] The maximum size of all groups with suffix _a (7511998464) has exceeded half of allocatable space for dynamic partitions 3757572096.
    [   52.774939] update_engine_sideload E 04-26 03:38:27   621   621 [ERROR:delta_performer.cc(995)] Unable to initialize partition metadata for slot A
    [   52.774941] update_engine_sideload E 04-26 03:38:27   621   621 [ERROR:download_action.cc(336)] Error ErrorCode::kInstallDeviceOpenError (7) in DeltaPerformer's Write method when processing the received payload -- Terminating processing
    Could you Update the OP for :

Guide to Revert to Stock via MSM tool.
    Guide to Update Next build of Lineage OS 18.1.

For the MSM tool you just follow the instructions in the MSM thread?

To update you follow the instructions in the OP, you just don't need to boot the recovery image, or wipe data. Recovery is already there, and just run the fastboot update command.

My Installing Lineage Guide has a section on updating.
    Do you mind linking what you found?

Find the section that starts with "Updating LineageOS" You will need a PC! Also to hopefully help with confusion if you used the gms build make sure to keep using the GMS build of the ROM. (SourceForge Repo seems to be the most up to date repo atm). Good luck!
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    How do you do backups? What would be a good way to keep backups if I wanted to flash this ROM on a semi daily basis? I noticed after flashing the ROM it asks if I want to restore from a backup.

Another observation as I flashed the GMS version last night is there was no gallery app. Maybe this is normal.

I would suggest Swift Backup. Was a titanium user, but I find Swift Backup to be better performing on Android 11.
    You could try to run fastboot --version and ./fastboot --version in your platform-tools directory and compare the output.

Adding ./ did it. Thanks! :cool:

IMG_20210228_102128.jpg
    Yaay. The thread is back. :D
    One more question. Is it normal for the device I'd to change from kb2007 to kb2003?
    Yes, adding model detection is a waste of time so it'll always show KB2003.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone