[ROM][OFFICIAL][kebab][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011
I have just noticed there is a 15/04 update.
Any recomendations for the update and not to lose root or the whole information... :) ?

thx in advance

It's just like the install except don't wipe anything (since official).

- Reboot to recovery.
- Apply Update --> Apply from ADB.
- On a PC --> Sideload the Lineage.zip (adb sideload Lineage.zip)
- If you use Gapps, reboot to recovery (this option is under the advance menu).
- Apply Update --> Apply from ADB
- Once again --> On a PC Sideload Gapps, Magisk, etc.
- Reboot.
- You should be updated no loss of data.

(Edit) Deleted this part, as you have to reflash them.

Last edited:

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
It's just like the install except don't wipe anything (since official).

- Reboot to recovery.
- Apply Update --> Apply from ADB.
- On a PC --> Sideload the Lineage.zip (adb sideload Lineage.zip)
- If you use Gapps, reboot to recovery (this option is under the advance menu).
- Apply Update --> Apply from ADB
- Once again --> On a PC Sideload Gapps, Magisk, etc.
- Reboot.
- You should be updated no loss of data.

In theory Magisk and Gapps at this point should stay without the need to be reflashed but... It doesn't take but a second and avoids hassles so I just flash them just in case.
They need to be reflashed if you're not using OTA on A/B.

Reactions: OhioYJ

Giuliano Takasu

• Apr 17, 2021
    Hello, i followed the guide but i can't get it working.
    I have oos latest version + update so the slot it's set to B.
    Then i flash the lineage recovery, copy partitions and sideload lineage os (SLOT B)
    Then i reboot again to recovery to flash gapps and magisk but the slot changes to A.
    When i flash those 2 packages the system boots, but then it crashes when i use, like it doesn't respond, i click on the bubbles but it doesn't load anything.

Oneplus 8T KB2003

I want lineage so bad, i don't know what i do wrong...

Can you help me?
    Thank you so much :(

Raza Qadri

Jul 31, 2012
    i am unable to sideload magisk on latest release i get this error

E: Failed to find update binary META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary​

i have tried latest version of magisk and older 21.0 verson too both give same error

Last edited:

g33kpaine

Apr 4, 2016
    Screenshot_20210418-181842_Messenger~2.png

Bug: overlaying notifications in network indicator speed

Reactions: Lz3807775t

multi.flexi

Sep 19, 2012
    Chrudim
    I already asked on Reddit, but I will try it here too. I have an issue with HDR video and colour banding which can be seen on these screenshots. The only proper looking image is produced by mpv player in SW mode, HW mode does not work at all, VLC and others use HW decode but the colours are awful. Is this an issue of LOS or those players?

Dr. Mario

• Jun 8, 2019
    Helena
    Finally solved my subtitle dilemma - since I am deaf, I needed the Live Caption, however since I can't install OpenGapps Micro as-is, so I had to modify the package, deleting whatever is not necessary and then edited all of the respective scripts so it will install as usual without the Error 70 failure status in the LineageOS recovery.

livecaption.jpg

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Oh I know. Was just checking to see if it was installed in the ROM by default. Some LOS roms have them installed. I'm going to assume that they aren't and if I want to flash I can.

Appreciate the help
      Official builds never ship with gapps.
      Hi
      I don't understand how to flash the rom in the phone
      the tutorial indicates that you must flash a recovery first before flashing the rom
      I'm lost!
      Can you just mindlessly follow instructions on wiki? Pretty sure that'd work for you.
      Hello guys.. hm... I am new oneplus user and i want to install this rom. Can someone help me? 🙂
      Instructions :
      Downloads :
      ah here is the problem!
      I don't know where to find the twrp or how to install it
      can you explain to me please?
      Use this guide https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/kebab/install
      After update from 29.04. to 06.05. with lineageupdate app I'm stack on lineageOs boot forever.
      And can go back to 29.04. ver with sideload, only I can do is MSM.
      Anybody have problem with update?
      Version 29.04. was amazing, only problem was with lockscreen fingeprint and pin number 8 when fingerprint is lock and using pin to unlock with number 8.
      And secund problem is double tap to wake.
      Thanks for great rom with amazing battery life

Everything is working fine for me on 6 May version. However I used LOS recovery to update, not the update app.

The fingerprint reader works really fast. As a camera app I am using GCam 7.3 (https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/p/google-camera-oneplus-8-series/) and it works great. With the help of Magisk, I passed the SafetyNet test. And the device reaches security level L1 on Widevine.

The only problem I've found for now is that the device's Wi-Fi doesn't automatically turn on when I get home. I don't know if anyone else has this same problem and if anyone knows any solutions.

So far my favorite GCam since I've had my 8T has been Arnova8G2's Beta Build, GCam_user_6beta3.201224.0107build-8.1.101.apk. It's an older build now at from 24 December though, but still works good. I just tried one of the newer builds, GCam_6.210406.0204build-8.1.101.apk that added OP9 support, and it works pretty good too. I'm going to try it for a while and see how it compares to the other. (Both Links, from celsoazevedo.com)

Wifi works fine for me
      2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
      Downloads :
      Reporting Bugs
      • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
      • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
      • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
      • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
      Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
      What is your--
      LineageOS version:
      LineageOS Download url:
      Gapps version:

Did you--
      wipe:
      restore with titanium backup:
      reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
      a task killer:
      a non-stock kernel:
      other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
      Yaay. The thread is back. :D
      How do you do backups? What would be a good way to keep backups if I wanted to flash this ROM on a semi daily basis? I noticed after flashing the ROM it asks if I want to restore from a backup.

Another observation as I flashed the GMS version last night is there was no gallery app. Maybe this is normal.

I would suggest Swift Backup. Was a titanium user, but I find Swift Backup to be better performing on Android 11.
      Oh I know. Was just checking to see if it was installed in the ROM by default. Some LOS roms have them installed. I'm going to assume that they aren't and if I want to flash I can.

Appreciate the help
      Official builds never ship with gapps.
      You could try to run fastboot --version and ./fastboot --version in your platform-tools directory and compare the output.

Adding ./ did it. Thanks! :cool:

IMG_20210228_102128.jpg
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone