[ROM][OFFICIAL][kebab][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

hhllss

Apr 23, 2007
OnePlus 8T
@mvmike are you checking in the Magisk app (recently)? I don't believe that check is working right now. @hhllss if you use another method to check you'll most likely find you are passing, and you are still certified in the play store.
Hello,

Seems you are right. Play Store is OK, I can install and run Netflix (which I don't care, that was a test), and I can pay Apps. I also checked with three "Safetynet check" apps, since it seems that Play Store is not always accurate, and two of them said the phone passed (the third not, no idea why). So in fact, it seems that I am OK, on my side.

Thank you for pointing that to me :) !

Regards,
H

Reactions: mvmike

wzyoct

Jan 26, 2021
Hello,

Seems you are right. Play Store is OK, I can install and run Netflix (which I don't care, that was a test), and I can pay Apps. I also checked with three "Safetynet check" apps, since it seems that Play Store is not always accurate, and two of them said the phone passed (the third not, no idea why). So in fact, it seems that I am OK, on my side.

Regards,
H
I have solved this problem, and I hope it will be effective for you. This problem occurs because of the update channel of magisk. I used the stable version before. Now I changed to the canary version and everything is normal. You can also Try to see if it works for you

mvmike

Mar 13, 2018
Hello,

Regards,
H

Glad to help, I also use netflix to check safetynet :)

I have solved this problem, and I hope it will be effective for you. This problem occurs because of the update channel of magisk. I used the stable version before. Now I changed to the canary version and everything is normal. You can also Try to see if it works for you

It's an issue related with google changing the API key, hence why the canary (already updated) is working and the stable will be soon.

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 8T
The stable version of Magisk still works but it's check of SafetyNet shows a failure (though it's actually ok). This is fixed in Canary 22104. See Post in thread 'Magisk General Support / Discussion' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-general-support-discussion.3432382/post-84872043
Also see https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/commit/94ec11db588b3096aef68cdbcfd16bf0b436b7c5 for the explanation of why it failed.

nuwan32

May 8, 2011
OnePlus 8T
So im trying to get google pay working and just cant.. I've tried many of the guides using magisk hide, and hiding from all google apps, installed hide props config, systemless hosts, safetynet fix modules for magisk but still cant get pay to allow contactless payment. i check play store and i can never get it to show as certified. checking safety net on magisk always shows failing at ctsprofile. anyone have any ideas?

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 8T
So im trying to get google pay working and just cant.. I've tried many of the guides using magisk hide, and hiding from all google apps, installed hide props config, systemless hosts, safetynet fix modules for magisk but still cant get pay to allow contactless payment. i check play store and i can never get it to show as certified. checking safety net on magisk always shows failing at ctsprofile. anyone have any ideas?
Here's what I would do:
1. Enable MagiskHide in Magisk>Settings (gearwheel) (see screenshot)
2. Verify that Google Play Services is hidden (shield>MagiskHide) (see screenshot of expanded Play Services entry) which is on by default. No need to hide anything else other than apps that complain about root.
3. Clear data from Google Play Services and Google Pay.
4. Set up Google Pay
Note that it may take Google Play quite a while to show certified again.

PS: use latest Canary Magisk as it fixed the issue with showing an error when checking SafetyNet in Magisk stable.
Screenshot_20210503_080121.jpg
Screenshot_20210503-080227.jpg

bugdebug

May 29, 2016
Hello guys, i am currently using lineageos and i wanna go back OOS, but i dont know how. Please help me. And i dont know what firmware should i install, kb2003

wzyoct

Jan 26, 2021
Hello guys, i am currently using lineageos and i wanna go back OOS, but i dont know how. Please help me. And i dont know what firmware should i install, kb2003
just use msm tool.You can Google the keyword "oneplus8T msm", of course, if you do this, you will lose all your data, so please make sure to back it up

chomsky55

Sep 21, 2020

bugdebug

May 29, 2016

nuwan32

May 8, 2011
OnePlus 8T
Here's what I would do:
1. Enable MagiskHide in Magisk>Settings (gearwheel) (see screenshot)
2. Verify that Google Play Services is hidden (shield>MagiskHide) (see screenshot of expanded Play Services entry) which is on by default. No need to hide anything else other than apps that complain about root.
3. Clear data from Google Play Services and Google Pay.
4. Set up Google Pay
Note that it may take Google Play quite a while to show certified again.

PS: use latest Canary Magisk as it fixed the issue with showing an error when checking SafetyNet in Magisk stable.
View attachment 5297719View attachment 5297721

Tried exactly this, didnt work. safetynet still fails attestation at ctsprofile and google play store shows device not certified.

Edit: finally got it to work. followed this guide: https://droidholic.com/safetynet-cts-profile-failed-fix/

set my device fingerprint manually now it passes and playstore shows certified..

now only problem is when i add my credit card to pay, it says the feature isnt supported by my bank lol

Last edited:

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 8T
Tried exactly this, didnt work. safetynet still fails attestation at ctsprofile and google play store shows device not certified.

Edit: finally got it to work. followed this guide: https://droidholic.com/safetynet-cts-profile-failed-fix/

set my device fingerprint manually now it passes and playstore shows certified..

now only problem is when i add my credit card to pay, it says the feature isnt supported by my bank lol
Ahh! I'm used to Los using certified OOS fingerprints so that it passes SafetyNet.

ivanperezcaro

Feb 13, 2018
Utrera
Google Nexus 5
Nexus 6
I have been using LineageOS 18.1 on my 8T for ten days. I installed version 0422 following the instructions on the wiki (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/kebab/install). I updated to version 0429 via the built-in update app. And yesterday I updated to version 0506 also via the built-in update app, without any problem. Magisk remains, the same as the three modules I use: ACC, Webview Manager, and Props Config.

The device charges from 15 to 80% in twenty minutes. And I get at least five or six hours of screen time. According to Franco Kernel Manager: Active drain 7% per hour; Idle drain 0.4% per hour.

The fingerprint reader works really fast. As a camera app I am using GCam 7.3 (https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/p/google-camera-oneplus-8-series/) and it works great. With the help of Magisk, I passed the SafetyNet test. And the device reaches security level L1 on Widevine.

The only problem I've found for now is that the device's Wi-Fi doesn't automatically turn on when I get home. I don't know if anyone else has this same problem and if anyone knows any solutions.

A huge thank you to the LineageOS team for their wonderful work.

bojantanasic

Dec 18, 2010
Belgrade
After update from 29.04. to 06.05. with lineageupdate app I'm stack on lineageOs boot forever.
And can go back to 29.04. ver with sideload, only I can do is MSM.
Anybody have problem with update?
Version 29.04. was amazing, only problem was with lockscreen fingeprint and pin number 8 when fingerprint is lock and using pin to unlock with number 8.
And secund problem is double tap to wake.
Thanks for great rom with amazing battery life

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh I know. Was just checking to see if it was installed in the ROM by default. Some LOS roms have them installed. I'm going to assume that they aren't and if I want to flash I can.

Appreciate the help
    Official builds never ship with gapps.
    Hi
    I don't understand how to flash the rom in the phone
    the tutorial indicates that you must flash a recovery first before flashing the rom
    I'm lost!
    Can you just mindlessly follow instructions on wiki? Pretty sure that'd work for you.
    I just simply right-click into the open folder containing the Linux version of Google Platform Tools and LineageOS ROM zip on Ubuntu, and select "Open terminal here" then type just the ./adb and the filename, saves me a lot of time typing out the whole directory. So it doesn't actually matter too much.

EDITED: It's definitely recommended to reboot back into recovery after having installed the chosen operating system, before you install anything else, otherwise the recovery will complain - the way recovery works is a lot different from the Android Lollipop - Nougat phones, as Oreo and beyond changed how the SSD partitions are handled - Android 10 and 11's typical SSD partition is one big continuous block that's user visible, other than multiple partitions across two slots previously (that apparently caused the problems with the UEFI bootloader, so Google - and therefore OnePlus - deleted second bootloader slot, instead boot from one bootloader slot for two separate operating system bootable slots).
    Hello guys.. hm... I am new oneplus user and i want to install this rom. Can someone help me? 🙂
    Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Finally solved my subtitle dilemma - since I am deaf, I needed the Live Caption, however since I can't install OpenGapps Micro as-is, so I had to modify the package, deleting whatever is not necessary and then edited all of the respective scripts so it will install as usual without the Error 70 failure status in the LineageOS recovery.

livecaption.jpg
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Yaay. The thread is back. :D
    How do you do backups? What would be a good way to keep backups if I wanted to flash this ROM on a semi daily basis? I noticed after flashing the ROM it asks if I want to restore from a backup.

Another observation as I flashed the GMS version last night is there was no gallery app. Maybe this is normal.

I would suggest Swift Backup. Was a titanium user, but I find Swift Backup to be better performing on Android 11.
    Oh I know. Was just checking to see if it was installed in the ROM by default. Some LOS roms have them installed. I'm going to assume that they aren't and if I want to flash I can.

Appreciate the help
    Official builds never ship with gapps.
    You could try to run fastboot --version and ./fastboot --version in your platform-tools directory and compare the output.

Adding ./ did it. Thanks! :cool:

IMG_20210228_102128.jpg
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone