[ROM][OFFICIAL][kebab][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

ivanperezcaro

Member
Feb 13, 2018
41
12
Utrera
Google Nexus 5
Nexus 6
I just updated to today's build, version 0513. As always, I did it through the built-in updater app, and as always, there has been no problem. We now have the May security patch. And everything else seems to work perfectly. Many thanks to the LineageOS team for their work.
 

TacoTuco

Senior Member
Oct 11, 2014
560
802
I just updated to today's build, version 0513. As always, I did it through the built-in updater app, and as always, there has been no problem. We now have the May security patch. And everything else seems to work perfectly. Many thanks to the LineageOS team for their work.
Were you rooted when you updated?
 

dwaipayanray95

Senior Member
  • Jul 24, 2012
    1,450
    2,417
    Pune
    www.youtube.com
    OnePlus 8T
    I just updated to today's build, version 0513. As always, I did it through the built-in updater app, and as always, there has been no problem. We now have the May security patch. And everything else seems to work perfectly. Many thanks to the LineageOS team for their work.
    Do you have gapps installed?
    How's the smoothness and the battery backup?
     

    TacoTuco

    Senior Member
    Oct 11, 2014
    560
    802
    I just updated to today's build, version 0513. As always, I did it through the built-in updater app, and as always, there has been no problem. We now have the May security patch. And everything else seems to work perfectly. Many thanks to the LineageOS team for their work.
    After installing the update did you go to magisk and press "install to inactive slot" and then rebooted?
     

    Smallsmx3

    Senior Member
    Jul 28, 2010
    4,125
    775
    I haven't flashed a custom ROM since my Nexus 6p. Thinking of going with lineage. Everyone recommend it over OOS? Anything broken or not quite as good as stock
     

    elanandkumar

    Senior Member
    Sep 1, 2011
    178
    41
    Bangalore
    Flashed latest build yesterday. All good but there is brightness bug. It changes to high all sudden which is pretty bad for eyes and it irritates....weird is that even if I turn off adaptive brightness, it goes higher. So no matter whether adaptive is on or off. It keeps jumping to high.
    Rest all looks good. Great work.
     

    OhioYJ

    Senior Member
    Feb 25, 2011
    1,492
    746
    Flashed latest build yesterday. All good but there is brightness bug. It changes to high all sudden which is pretty bad for eyes and it irritates....weird is that even if I turn off adaptive brightness, it goes higher. So no matter whether adaptive is on or off. It keeps jumping to high.
    Rest all looks good. Great work.

    Have you tried turning everything off under display mode? Display --> Live Display --> Display Mode --> Off
     

    Top Liked Posts

    • There are no posts matching your filters.
    • 3
      Still no TWRP, so I guess it's safe to say that OnePlus 8T will definitely never get the TWRP, all thanks to the oddball SSD partition encryption. I heard that some people have been testing the TWRP recovery on this phone, and so far no one have gotten anywhere with it. I will be fine with the tethered update.
      bummer.
      3
      Is it illegal to express your opinions? Some people... Nevertheless, I will just go radio silent. Too much toxic people on XDA Developers nowadays, too bad XDA in general have lost its lusters because of that. I miss good old XDA back in the early day.
      2
      LineageOS version: Official from May 20
      LineageOS Download url: https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/full/kebab/20210520/lineage-18.1-20210520-nightly-kebab-signed.zip
      Gapps version: MindTheGapps for Lineage 18.1 (Android 11) https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps.html
      Clean install, no restoring.
      No task killers and no modifications. Only Magisk and MagiskHide Props Config module to pass certification in Google Play.

      Found several issues, please tell me if you are facing these also.
      1. After restart screen brightness is crazy (using autobrightness). For example before restart it's 20%, after restart it's 80% (even if I wait several minutes to give phone a chance to accommodate). Need to manually set it back to 20%.
      2. In "System Profile" settings, set "Lock screen mode" to "Don't ask for PIN or password". Restart the phone. Enter PIN to unlock phone after restart, press power button once to turn screen OFF. Turn screen ON and you'll see that PIN/Fingerprint is required. But If you will go to settings and choose the active "System Profile" again, after turning screen OFF/ON you'll see that now PIN/Fingerprint is NOT required. Looks like this setting is ignored (not remembered) after restart.
      3. No "Wake Screen for Notifications" option in settings, but can be found in search (the link from search doesn't shows this option).
      4. "Notification Light" option can be found in search in settings.
      2
      I have no issues with 27 build
    • 28
      2okPze5.png


      LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

      LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

      All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

      Instructions :
      Downloads :
      Reporting Bugs
      • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
      • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
      • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
      • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
      Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

      Code:
      What is your--
      LineageOS version:
      LineageOS Download url:
      Gapps version:
      
      Did you--
      wipe:
      restore with titanium backup:
      reboot after having the issue:
      
      Are you using--
      a task killer:
      a non-stock kernel:
      other modifications:
      
      Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
      6
      Yaay. The thread is back. :D
      5
      How do you do backups? What would be a good way to keep backups if I wanted to flash this ROM on a semi daily basis? I noticed after flashing the ROM it asks if I want to restore from a backup.

      Another observation as I flashed the GMS version last night is there was no gallery app. Maybe this is normal.

      I would suggest Swift Backup. Was a titanium user, but I find Swift Backup to be better performing on Android 11.
      4
      You could try to run fastboot --version and ./fastboot --version in your platform-tools directory and compare the output.

      Adding ./ did it. Thanks! :cool:

      IMG_20210228_102128.jpg
      4
      Oh I know. Was just checking to see if it was installed in the ROM by default. Some LOS roms have them installed. I'm going to assume that they aren't and if I want to flash I can.

      Appreciate the help
      Official builds never ship with gapps.