• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][OFFICIAL][kebab][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

back2live

Jul 31, 2007
One question about the latest build. I have the version from 2021-06-03 installed, should the builtin updater find the latest nightly from 2021-06-10? On my 8t the latest will not be found.

Works now, was my mistake

Last edited:

EmperorEye1993

Jul 25, 2016
Pasig City
OnePlus 8T
Hi Sir @LuK1337
Your ROM is great but one thing should be done to it's perfect experience.
Can you make that status bar icon padding place like OOS? Please see below image for your reference. Thanks to Xiaouex for the image.

Forget about libinit: add proper model detection for OP8/8P/8T.
Please inline based on OOS 🙏

PXL_20210607_130225070_2.jpg

Reactions: vnayrp

dpryor88

Nov 4, 2015
San Pedro
Google Pixel 3a
Google Pixel 4
Reactions: cheesemonk66

sam3000

Jul 11, 2009
Seattle
@card13 I have tried the FW upgrade guide https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/kebab/fw_update with files extracted from latest 11.0.8.13.KB05BA full OTA file (downloaded from link in XDA guides forum). This ended up bricking my phone (it rebooted into EDL mode and could not get back out of it - keep restarting into it every 10 seconds).

So I had to use MSM tool to get back the phone to original state.
Then used stock updater updated to latest version it proposed (11.0.8.12.KB05BA).

Then I used standard process to install LOS18.1 from scratch. Unfortunately files were lost for me.
Did any of the fastboot flash commands fail during the fw update process ?

EmperorEye1993

Jul 25, 2016
Pasig City
OnePlus 8T
Perhaps the custom ROMs, like LOS, have it correct, and OP/OOS have it wrong. :)
LOL. What is your definition of right and wrong? Even OEMs doesn't use nor follow that implementation. Some AOSP Roms tend to correct it even CAF like Paranoid Android. I tested a lot of roms and only this and AICP doesn't follow OOS padding but AICP dev fix it soon as per the latest report.

spellbuilder

Jun 26, 2015
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 8T
Did any of the fastboot flash commands fail during the fw update process ?
The problem was in newer DDR type of recently purchased phones. This requires different type of FW image for 2 partitions.
This was investigated in mentioned bug report and FW upgrade instructions were updated.
Following the updated instructions I was able to upgrade FW without issues.

EmperorEye1993

Jul 25, 2016
Pasig City
OnePlus 8T
Hey,
my O8t has arrived yesterday and I make the latest update with the original firmware before start to switch to lineage. Did I need to follow https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/kebab/fw_update
or has it be done by the last update?

Thanks.
Micha
Update to the latest update something June Security patch is the latest then unlock bootloader,
Flash lineage recovery,
Flash Copy Partition,
Flash the rom

Use this FW updating if newer update come most likely next OOS July Security Patch.

Reactions: ivanperezcaro

HiddenRoot

Feb 20, 2019
Thanks for always maintaining these devices Luk!

Does anyone know how I can test if 5G is working?

I also didn't update my firmware before installing LOS...should I follow the instructions here? https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/kebab/fw_update

Lastly, I know this isn't the right thread, but is there any ideas on when LOS will come to the OP9? I saw it just came to the 9Pro, and I have 12 days to return this 8T and replace it with a 9, if LOS will be coming soon...

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Thanks for always maintaining these devices Luk!

Does anyone know how I can test if 5G is working?

I also didn't update my firmware before installing LOS...should I follow the instructions here? https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/kebab/fw_update

Lastly, I know this isn't the right thread, but is there any ideas on when LOS will come to the OP9? I saw it just came to the 9Pro, and I have 12 days to return this 8T and replace it with a 9, if LOS will be coming soon...
>I also didn't update my firmware before installing LOS...should I follow the instructions here?
If you want to upgrade your firmware then go ahead and do it.

>Lastly, I know this isn't the right thread, but is there any ideas on when LOS will come to the OP9? I saw it just came to the 9Pro, and I have 12 days to return this 8T and replace it with a 9, if LOS will be coming soon...
When someone contacts me/bgcngm/devrel in regards to willing to take the maintainership of OP9 thus rough ETA is between never and whenever.

Reactions: BillGoss

Micha_Btz

One question. Normally I use the aosp keyboard app and install the libjni_latinimegoogle.so from the gapps package. If I install the latest gapps package from the lineage wiki, the swipe gestures are don't work.

Did someone now to solve this?

Can the fingerprint sensor be disabled at boot? If you boot, you have to insert the pin / password /pattern, but the fingerprint sensor is active you can for example difficulty reach the number 8, because of the reacting sensor.

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just as Luk1337 mentioned, the OnePlus 9R is very expensive, so it's usually either bought for or donated for the purpose of developing the custom firmware and recovery software onto the particular device.

@LuK1337, did OnePlus stop providing the free new phones for that purpose or was it reinstated? A bit behind the news so I was curious.
    They only provide some of real flagships. That's why I have 8 Pro, 8T, 9 Pro but no 8, 9R, 9.
    I'm amazed. Everything works perfectly ootb, including VoLTE and VoWifi (with O2 Germany).
    • Model KB2003
    • lineage-18.1-20210715-nightly
    • Firmware from OnePlus8TOxygen_15.O.25_OTA_0250
    ps. also using GCam8.2.204_Greatness.210716.1733Release from here (without additional config file)
    Goodbye Oxygen.
    @LuK1337 There are reports of newer devices having LPDDR5, would buyers of a new device have issues with the ROM due to this upgrade? Has the ROM incorporated this probable change?

There are no changes needed.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Yaay. The thread is back. :D
    How do you do backups? What would be a good way to keep backups if I wanted to flash this ROM on a semi daily basis? I noticed after flashing the ROM it asks if I want to restore from a backup.

Another observation as I flashed the GMS version last night is there was no gallery app. Maybe this is normal.

I would suggest Swift Backup. Was a titanium user, but I find Swift Backup to be better performing on Android 11.
    You could try to run fastboot --version and ./fastboot --version in your platform-tools directory and compare the output.

Adding ./ did it. Thanks! :cool:

IMG_20210228_102128.jpg
    Oh I know. Was just checking to see if it was installed in the ROM by default. Some LOS roms have them installed. I'm going to assume that they aren't and if I want to flash I can.

Appreciate the help
    Official builds never ship with gapps.