• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][kebab][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011
Interesting! I am fairly new to the device, having problems with FP (right now other rom) and changed that setting. What's the standard (and best?) value?

Any idea if this happens as well with overall "size" / dpi settings?

I picked up another 8T recently, I'll get it out later and check it's settings. I know default is not 360...

Here's the odd thing. I grabbed a OP6T and tested this same thing on it. I tested the default setting, 525, and then 600 all work on it. It doesn't seem to make as much of a change if any on it? So either it was good luck with the 6T while I happened to be using it, or something is going on with just the 8T ? (8 series maybe?)

Lz3807775t

Jan 7, 2021
Florida
Sprint LG G3
OnePlus 8T
This is what mine is set at

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210808-113214.jpg
    Screenshot_20210808-113214.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 78
Reactions: OhioYJ

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011
This is what mine is set at

Interesting. So I still have another 8T sitting in a box that has been unlocked and LOS installed, but nothing else done (so fresh install, has not been used yet). I powered it on and checked it and it's at 384. Going off of memory I thought mine was 480 something before I changed it to the 525, but perhaps I'm wrong, it's been quite a long time ago now.

I guess still the question is why does it even matter to the fingerprint sensor?

Reactions: Lz3807775t

noddledizzy

Jan 31, 2019
Any T-mobile users? does VOLTE works?
edit: oh darn... And I'd thought that this phone will be smooth with LOS since it's officially supported but reading the comment chain, you have to do hacky crap to get some functionality to work. And some features like the additional camera sensors only work with stock rom. Was expecting to just flash the rom, flash the gapps and magisk and yoou're good. It's really hard finding a modern smartphone that you can easily thinker without headache.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lz3807775t

Diego1751

Nov 4, 2012
OnePlus 8T
Quick Q

On my old device Bluetooth play/pause would snooze my alarms

On my OnePlus 8t Running lineage 18 I can not find the relevant settings to get my alarms to snooze over Bluetooth

I tried using the default clock as well as googles clock from the store

Lz3807775t

Jan 7, 2021
Florida
Sprint LG G3
OnePlus 8T
Interesting. So I still have another 8T sitting in a box that has been unlocked and LOS installed, but nothing else done (so fresh install, has not been used yet). I powered it on and checked it and it's at 384. Going off of memory I thought mine was 480 something before I changed it to the 525, but perhaps I'm wrong, it's been quite a long time ago now.

I guess still the question is why does it even matter to the fingerprint sensor?
That I don't know , why it would effect the fingerprint scanner

snaggen

Jan 20, 2011
@LuK1337 I installed LineageOS on a brand new 8T device following the instruktions on the wiki to the point. Two issues:
1. The SIM was not found. Fiddling around I ended up doing another factory reset (in addition to the one I already did) and suddenly it started to work. Not sure if it was related or just a wierd issue, but something to keep an eye on I guess.
2. The Swedish operator Telia APN is wrong by default (the one with the proxy setting). There are two entries and it defauls to the wrong one, the second APN for Telia is correct. The correct settings should be
Name: Telia online
APN: online.telia.se
Port: 80
APN-type: Leave blank
Proxy: Leave blank

according to their support page https://www.telia.se/privat/support/info/installningar-for-mms-och-surf-ovriga-mobiler

Tried to file a bug report about it, but I failed to do so.... so hopefully you know how to fix this.

But at the end, everything works perfectly. GPS and android auto (which I seen people mention here) worked perfectly. So, thanks for a great job.

noddledizzy

Jan 31, 2019
Since we are installing this using Lineage recovery. How would you backup the stock rom before flashing LOS? This was my routine back then with TWRP. Backup stock rom then flash LOS. It's nice to be able to have a backup of stock rom in case you want to go back.

Since we are installing this using Lineage recovery. How would you backup the stock rom before flashing LOS? This was my routine back then with TWRP. Backup stock rom then flash LOS. It's nice to be able to have a backup of stock rom in case you want to go back.
It hasn't been your routine on this phone.

Short answer: you don't.

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 8T

snaggen

Jan 20, 2011
Ok, either I was drunk or some of my Firefox addons blocked the site from reloading properly after login, not showing the button. I feel a bit embarrassed.... but now I have filed a proper bugreport. Sorry for the noise.

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 8T
Never knew we had functioning TWRP. I ignored that thread because it wasn't official. If this is the case, then can't we just skip lineage recovery and just use TWRP to flash LOS in the first place? This is how I've always done it.
Yes, you can use TWRP to flash Los the first time. Follow the TWRP thread instructions in post #2, but also read https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...covery-project-8t-kebab.4302449/post-85323105

Just remember that the OP 8T is a virtual A/B device and this means that you can't just do things as you've "always done it" previously.

noddledizzy

Jan 31, 2019
Yes, you can use TWRP to flash Los the first time. Follow the TWRP thread instructions in post #2, but also read https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...covery-project-8t-kebab.4302449/post-85323105

Just remember that the OP 8T is a virtual A/B device and this means that you can't just do things as you've "always done it" previously.
Sorry If I am asking a lot of question. But where do I flash twrp exactly? Slot A or B? I'm still getting the hang of this new A/B mechanics.
So this is like a quick run up of what I know to do so far. Let me know if this is fine:
• once bootloader is unlocked, flast twrp in recovery using fastboot(not sure what slot and whether temporary or permanent)
• flash LOS, mindthegapps and magisk (still not sure what slot but I'm guessing the slot where I flashed twrp?)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Yaay. The thread is back. :D
    How do you do backups? What would be a good way to keep backups if I wanted to flash this ROM on a semi daily basis? I noticed after flashing the ROM it asks if I want to restore from a backup.

Another observation as I flashed the GMS version last night is there was no gallery app. Maybe this is normal.

I would suggest Swift Backup. Was a titanium user, but I find Swift Backup to be better performing on Android 11.
    You could try to run fastboot --version and ./fastboot --version in your platform-tools directory and compare the output.

Adding ./ did it. Thanks! :cool:

IMG_20210228_102128.jpg
    Oh I know. Was just checking to see if it was installed in the ROM by default. Some LOS roms have them installed. I'm going to assume that they aren't and if I want to flash I can.

Appreciate the help
    Official builds never ship with gapps.