• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][kebab][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread
Aug 31, 2021
Annnnd the latest LineageOS update just broke Magisk, tried flashing Magisk patched boot.img and phone is bricked.

Wow. Another close to 30 hours lost setting up this phone thanks to bricking between LineageOS and Magisk.

Does anyone know of a guide on how to create my own image after configuring my phone? I need to create a gold image of my phone's entire existence (profiles, apps, configurations, contacts, etc..).

Seems like this is normal and coming from Apple, I'm not sure I can handle doing this bricking stuff once again. My tolerance is nill at this point.

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 8T
Annnnd the latest LineageOS update just broke Magisk, tried flashing Magisk patched boot.img and phone is bricked.

Wow. Another close to 30 hours lost setting up this phone thanks to bricking between LineageOS and Magisk.

Does anyone know of a guide on how to create my own image after configuring my phone? I need to create a gold image of my phone's entire existence (profiles, apps, configurations, contacts, etc..).

Seems like this is normal and coming from Apple, I'm not sure I can handle doing this bricking stuff once again. My tolerance is nill at this point.
I use TWRP to backup my system. See https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ect-8t-kebab-2021-09-04.4302449/post-85422489

Reactions: Fumetsu_Guritto

denisovich

Nov 9, 2020

Well it didn't break anything for me. I have Magisk installed on LineageOS 18.1 and it works great.

And to be honest, your tone is somewhat annoying and disrespectful. If you are happy with Apple then great, go back to Apple.

Or maybe you could try something less intellectually demanding, like say ... knitting.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2021
Well it didn't break anything for me. I have Magisk installed on LineageOS 18.1 and it works great.

And to be honest, your tone is somewhat annoying and disrespectful. If you are happy with Apple then great, go back to Apple.

Or maybe you could try something less intellectually demanding, like say ... knitting.
Oooof why so butt hurt? Personal attacks on the internet, cute.

Do you actually socialize outside of the internet, you know, on the phone or face to face? That's where you detect tone.

Grow up, get out and smell the flowers.

KronicSkillz

Jan 30, 2013
LG G8
Hey all I just ordered an 8T. I haven't had a custom rom since I owned an LG G3, been stuck in a locked bootloader world. Just wondering if there's any cons these days like security apps that don't work on custom roms? I think if I remember correctly it used to break google pay and some games like Pokemon GO, but I think it was maybe just if the device was rooted if memory serves. I don't play Pokemon Go but I'd like google pay if I decide to install this and just wondering what the pros vs cons are. I assume the stock kernels have been better tuned and are more efficient nowadays. Also curious if you can use an otg flash drive with twrp or lineage recovery, or do you have to sideload? I'm just out of the loop and need to get caught up.

Daisuke1988

Sep 16, 2012
Hey Guys, Im currently running the September 9th build and i get reboots on certain apps. When I play music on Emby, or watching a video on youtube. Was wondering if anyone is experiencing this?

zBear

Oct 1, 2008
Chisinau
haven't had a custom rom since I owned an LG G3
was using CyanogenMod/LOS for more than 6 years and this phone is the first one I've decided not to root
I've tried LOS, but in my opinion the cons list now is really small and effort just not worth it
would recommend you to try stock, setup it, disable thing you don't need and see how it goes
in this case, if you decide to root, you'll have some experience to compare it to

cammykool

Sep 6, 2011
Colorado
I tried this a few months ago on my tmo 8t and I had a few issues I wondered have been solved. I wondered if SafteyNet passes if I don't root, Does AA work? And do all 3 cameras work?

Thanks!

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
@LuK1337 I have an external drive formated BTRFS that I am trying to use - any chance you could compile the kernel with BTRFS turned on?
It doesn't really make much sense to do so. LineageOS doesn't support mounting POSIX file systems automatically, so it'd only be useful from a rooted shell, if you mount it yourself that is...

Reactions: Matt85m

card13

Nov 27, 2008
Tacoma
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 5
@LuK1337
Re-posting this since it looks like it may not have been seen.

I've seen this glitch for awhile and avoided to post it till things got pretty stable. The Network traffic monitor appears to be in a fixed location (sure you can auto-hide but I find that is an unreliable fix), which causes other indicator icons to show behind it. Meaning when the right side of the Status Bar fills then Network traffic monitor doesn't shift positions dynamically, it stays in place and everything else goes behind it.

There used to be a setting to resize it or move it around. Is it possible to re-add some of it's movability without installing things like GravityBox or another ROM?

Attachments

• Non-Overlapped.png
    Non-Overlapped.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 26
  • Overlapped.png
    Overlapped.png
    43.5 KB · Views: 26

thekubiaks

Nov 3, 2012
OP8T here running the latest LineageOS 0916221 with Magisk root. Everything is working including wifi calling. The only thing not working is the Amazon app, Media Storage 11 hangs up Titanium, and a Korean Quarantine Covid app that detects the root and says no way.

Banking apps work too.

Very close to perfection, thanks!

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
@LuK1337

I've seen this glitch for awhile and avoided to post it till things got pretty stable. The Network traffic monitor appears to be in a fixed location (sure you can auto-hide but I find that is an unreliable fix), which causes other indicator icons to show behind it. Meaning when the right side of the Status Bar fills then Network traffic monitor doesn't shift positions dynamically, it stays in place and everything else goes behind it.

There used to be a setting to resize it or move it around. Is it possible to re-add some of it's movability without installing things like GravityBox or another ROM?
I read all posts in my threads, if I don't reply to one it means I didn't want to, or I had no good (or funny in some cases) answer to it.

Reactions: OhioYJ and BillGoss

KronicSkillz

Jan 30, 2013
LG G8
was using CyanogenMod/LOS for more than 6 years and this phone is the first one I've decided not to root
I've tried LOS, but in my opinion the cons list now is really small and effort just not worth it
would recommend you to try stock, setup it, disable thing you don't need and see how it goes
in this case, if you decide to root, you'll have some experience to compare it to
Yea so far I'm happy with stock, they have most of the features I used to love on custom roms.

paul4762

Jan 30, 2010
I used to use lineage os for years but it was never compatible with wifi calling for T-Mobile. Does someone know if it's working with this?
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

@LuK1337

I read all posts in my threads, if I don't reply to one it means I didn't want to, or I had no good (or funny in some cases) answer to it.
    Might be a strange place to ask this, but has the fingerprint been working for people on recent builds? I built Sakura rom recently, they use lineage as a base with the device trees and vendor trees, so I assume something may be wrong within Sakuras own source. I would assume if fingerprint is working on lineage, then it should work on Sakura as the trees are similar. Sorry if this seems off-topic.

Yes. I've been updating every week, fingerprint sensor is working fine.
    Might be a strange place to ask this, but has the fingerprint been working for people on recent builds? I built Sakura rom recently, they use lineage as a base with the device trees and vendor trees, so I assume something may be wrong within Sakuras own source. I would assume if fingerprint is working on lineage, then it should work on Sakura as the trees are similar. Sorry if this seems off-topic.
    Lineage is the only rom that had a working fingerprint right away, other roms I tried didn't work. Had to do the restore persist.img deal, after that didn't work I tried just about everything else I could think of and nothing worked.
    How do I know if 65w charging is working?
    Oh. It works. The battery charge goes from 15 to 80% in twenty minutes.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Yaay. The thread is back. :D
    How do you do backups? What would be a good way to keep backups if I wanted to flash this ROM on a semi daily basis? I noticed after flashing the ROM it asks if I want to restore from a backup.

Another observation as I flashed the GMS version last night is there was no gallery app. Maybe this is normal.

I would suggest Swift Backup. Was a titanium user, but I find Swift Backup to be better performing on Android 11.
    You could try to run fastboot --version and ./fastboot --version in your platform-tools directory and compare the output.

Adding ./ did it. Thanks! :cool:

IMG_20210228_102128.jpg
    Oh I know. Was just checking to see if it was installed in the ROM by default. Some LOS roms have them installed. I'm going to assume that they aren't and if I want to flash I can.

Appreciate the help
    Official builds never ship with gapps.