• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][kebab][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

spart0n

Sep 5, 2018
LG G Pad 10.1
OnePlus 8T
Hey with the latest update fingerprint unlock isn't working. It's there in settings, it works for biometric logins in apps but no fingerprint unlock on lock screen at all. Using mindtheGApps for Android 11 and latest magisk. I've used migrate to backup and wipe and restore, rebooting doesn't change it, and this newest Los update (for me) broke safety net. Or at least that's when I noticed it stopped working on gpay

thekubiaks

Nov 3, 2012
I just did the 09302021 Lineage 18.1 update.... OP8T rooted (still)

As Scotty from Star Trek would say " Captain, we are still picking up the pieces down here in engineering"

This update deleted my Chrome shortcuts, removed Magisk shortcut, and several other apps. with all due respect, WTF

Amazon and Kindle stopped working too.

Last edited:

4ronie4

Jan 12, 2014
Hi im looking for a ROM which supports microg amd aurorastore and has no google apps.and i want to be rootless.

Does lineage on kebab suits my usage? i know lineage comes with microg builtin.But is there any big issues with this rom ?

And about the safetynet.is it passing without magisk? i just want a rom with microg (to not cause issues with apps require playservices) and rootless.
Stock Lineage does not come with microG, https://lineage.microg.org/ does. And I don't think you can pass safetynet with it or any other custom rom without magisk. But I'm not sure, I've never used it.

bojiokia

Sep 13, 2007
Singapore
OnePlus 8T
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Is the latest 1007 still breaking up anything?

I am thinking of switching to lineageOS, but looking at all your feedbacks, making me hesitate.

Fingerprint unlock working?
Face unlock working?

Screenshot_20211008-142250.jpg

I think if using opengapps or any gapps, this is the reason face unlock is not working.

Last edited:

thekubiaks

Nov 3, 2012
1014 Update working great, Amazon and Kindle now work, Magisk shortcut back after Magisk reinstall (root). No issues at all now. Thank you!

NazuNalika

Jun 30, 2014
So I can't seem to figure this out. I just received my OP8T today and followed the instructions on the wiki to the T. When I reboot after installing open gapps, it stays stuck on the bootloader unlocked warning screen. If I flash just lineageos and no open gapps, everything boots and works. Am I doing something wrong somewhere?

snaggen

Jan 20, 2011
OnePlus 8T
So I can't seem to figure this out. I just received my OP8T today and followed the instructions on the wiki to the T. When I reboot after installing open gapps, it stays stuck on the bootloader unlocked warning screen. If I flash just lineageos and no open gapps, everything boots and works. Am I doing something wrong somewhere?
Open Gapps support for Android 11 is fairly recent, so if that gives you trouble I would test MindTheGapps .

NazuNalika

Jun 30, 2014
Open Gapps support for Android 11 is fairly recent, so if that gives you trouble I would test MindTheGapps .
It seems like I have to use open gapps nano no matter what for it to go, which is all fine and good. So I'm up and running now.

What's confusing is why my phone reports itself as KB2003, but the sticker (and OOS prior to installing LOS) stated that it's KB2005. Is this just something with lineageos itself? Anyway I can fix this? I'm not so sure that it actually matters so much, but it is a bit odd to me.

shadowtuy

Jul 2, 2014
Hey how is Bluetooth and biometrics on lineage these days? I just need something more stable than OOS

Xda user11

Dec 22, 2020
Hi. A few days ago I tested the hdmi capabilities of OnePlus 8t and I came across an issue - 60hz lock. As far as I am concerned - it happens on all phones except nubia redmagic, so it seems to be a software limitation. Does ur rom support 120hz hdmi output?

Qnorsten

Mar 14, 2012
There were some discussion about lineage "update recovery" toggle in the TWRP thread that might be better adressed here.

Perhaps someone could look into it ?

short question...
when i install a new version of lineage via updater it overwrites the TWRP and reinstalls the ONEPLUS recovery.
can i prevent this ?

thanks

Settings > System > Advanced > Updater > Preferences > Update recovery.
Make sure that's unchecked.

hi FiF_ Thanks... i´ve found it !!

...BUT... if i want to disable the switch for "update recovery: ---> It pops up: "It is not possible to disable the updates from Lineage -Recovery on this device !"

I think Lineage disabled changing that toggle on all A/B devices, but really they should have only done it on boot-as-recovery devices, since recovery is in the boot image so can't be excluded there... But definitely should be able to change it on recovery_a/_b like we have; go mention it to your Lineage maintainer. (y)

I am assuming this is done somewhere in the device tree? How would one go about this? Sorry, this may be a little off-topic.

vasu97

Jun 27, 2017
ahmedabad
Which sot i be using before flashing this rom? i am on slot "B", i did everything what wiki said but still i am stuck on "failed to bind mount /mnt/staging/emulated/media/0", i am using latest 1104 recovery & was trying to flash 1104 build.

shakawando

Nov 17, 2021
Hello lineage os team i really love all your rom since the beginning can you please fix WAZE GPS not working issue i tried lineage 18 on my oneplus 8t and my oneplus 6t and unfortunately for both there is no way i can make Waze apk working always ending with no gps access thank you thank you and thank you :)

tom65824

Aug 3, 2018
short question...
when i install a new version of lineage via updater it overwrites the TWRP and reinstalls the ONEPLUS recovery.
can i prevent this ?

thanks

Make sure that's unchecked.

hi FiF_ Thanks... i´ve found it !!

...BUT... if i want to disable the switch for "update recovery: ---> It pops up: "It is not possible to disable the updates from Lineage -Recovery on this device !"

is there meanwhile a solotuion to uncheck "Update recovery"

-> is still "It is not possible to disable the updates from Lineage -Recovery on this device !""

DickyG

Mar 30, 2013
Virginia
Just got my 8t...coming over from Galaxy. Is it possible to flash the room (and gapps) the "old fashioned" way by flashing the zip through TWRP?

Top Liked Posts

I see. Unfortunately I was misled when I asked this question also on Reddit before buying the phone, by someone who later turned out to actually own an 8 Pro, not an 8T, who said the main camera would be locked down to 12mp, but that you could access the other cameras. I bought it based on that answer, but maybe that's true for the 8 Pro, definitely not usefully true for the 8T at this time. They also said even at 48mp, there really wasn't more detail than at 12mp, which I found perplexing at least for daytime pictures, but I thought, what do I know, they have the phone, and I don't...

I normally wouldn't even consider using the OEM OS, as all my phones have used LineageOS for many years, but the camera as available in LineageOS seems to be really quite bad. Even if I accept the other cameras just aren't available, the main one at 12mp looks much worse than I'd expect from 48mp binned down to 12. Quite unfortunate that a "modding friendly" brand like Oneplus would lock things down like this.

Interestingly, in OxygenOS, Open Camera could at least access the wide-angle camera (though it would apply no geometric corrections resulting in strong distortion), but now in LineageOS, Open Camera simply doesn't offer any cameras except the main back and front. I can access the wide-angle (but not any of the others) from GCam or FreeDCam, but it's underwhelming.
    FYI, aux cameras are locked out by `vendor.camera.aux.packagelist` property, you can unset it but don't cry if some app starts crashing after doing so. On stock, OnePlus hardcoded in frameworks/base/core/java/android/hardware/Camera.java a list of apps and how many cameras they can access, just because some apps would crash if they tried to switch past certain camera id.
    And as for 48MP, you'd need some magic hacks in frameworks/av for that (and app that can use them), since it's not a real camera mode. Perhaps Android 12 (+OOS12 blobs) will finally let third party apps use that, see: https://developer.android.com/about/versions/12/features#camera-sensor-support
    Just got my 8t...coming over from Galaxy. Is it possible to flash the room (and gapps) the "old fashioned" way by flashing the zip through TWRP?
    Yes it is, but see the OP posts (multiple) in https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...recovery-project-8t-kebab-2021-09-04.4302449/
    Has anyone with the unlocked 8T and the latest lineage noticed visual voicemail not working with T-Mobile? I haven't seen any other posts about it but VVM won't activate for me.

I have the same problem. I upgraded from a 6T (running an older version of LineageOS) to an 8T (LineageOS with the latest updates + Magisk), and I haven't been able to get VVM working on the 8T. I don't get much voicemail, so I've just been ignoring the problem, but it would be nice to have it back.
    I see. Unfortunately I was misled when I asked this question also on Reddit before buying the phone, by someone who later turned out to actually own an 8 Pro, not an 8T, who said the main camera would be locked down to 12mp, but that you could access the other cameras. I bought it based on that answer, but maybe that's true for the 8 Pro, definitely not usefully true for the 8T at this time. They also said even at 48mp, there really wasn't more detail than at 12mp, which I found perplexing at least for daytime pictures, but I thought, what do I know, they have the phone, and I don't...

I normally wouldn't even consider using the OEM OS, as all my phones have used LineageOS for many years, but the camera as available in LineageOS seems to be really quite bad. Even if I accept the other cameras just aren't available, the main one at 12mp looks much worse than I'd expect from 48mp binned down to 12. Quite unfortunate that a "modding friendly" brand like Oneplus would lock things down like this.

Interestingly, in OxygenOS, Open Camera could at least access the wide-angle camera (though it would apply no geometric corrections resulting in strong distortion), but now in LineageOS, Open Camera simply doesn't offer any cameras except the main back and front. I can access the wide-angle (but not any of the others) from GCam or FreeDCam, but it's underwhelming.
    FYI, aux cameras are locked out by `vendor.camera.aux.packagelist` property, you can unset it but don't cry if some app starts crashing after doing so. On stock, OnePlus hardcoded in frameworks/base/core/java/android/hardware/Camera.java a list of apps and how many cameras they can access, just because some apps would crash if they tried to switch past certain camera id.
    And as for 48MP, you'd need some magic hacks in frameworks/av for that (and app that can use them), since it's not a real camera mode. Perhaps Android 12 (+OOS12 blobs) will finally let third party apps use that, see: https://developer.android.com/about/versions/12/features#camera-sensor-support
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Yaay. The thread is back. :D
    How do you do backups? What would be a good way to keep backups if I wanted to flash this ROM on a semi daily basis? I noticed after flashing the ROM it asks if I want to restore from a backup.

Another observation as I flashed the GMS version last night is there was no gallery app. Maybe this is normal.

I would suggest Swift Backup. Was a titanium user, but I find Swift Backup to be better performing on Android 11.
    You could try to run fastboot --version and ./fastboot --version in your platform-tools directory and compare the output.

Adding ./ did it. Thanks! :cool:

IMG_20210228_102128.jpg
    Oh I know. Was just checking to see if it was installed in the ROM by default. Some LOS roms have them installed. I'm going to assume that they aren't and if I want to flash I can.

Appreciate the help
    Official builds never ship with gapps.