• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][kebab][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

21prods

Sep 2, 2013
Thank you for all your hard work.

I have recently bought a Oneplus 8T (KB2003) and have installed LOS 18.1 on it. I have even managed to modify the modem settings in order to enable 5G (both SA and NSA) following a guide to do so (the guide is for the OOS, but I found a way to enable the use of QPST thanks to adb commands so I could follow it). Though, I don't get 5G connection even if I think I should.

Just a couple of quick questions, has anyone got 5G connection on LOS 18.1 with this model? Or AOSP is missing something and it is just not possible at the moment? In case it is possible, could someone shed some light as to what I could be missing?

Thank you very much

LuccoJ

Aug 6, 2010
I'm considering getting an 8T, but after reading this thread, I'm unclear on whether I'll be able to use
  • the main camera at the native 48mp, to zoom into it and simulate telephoto
  • the other secondary cameras, especially the wideangle ones
without resorting to some hacked GCam. In fact, I'd like to use Open Camera, which someone recommended in the thread but without really specifying whether it gets full access to the camera. Otherwise, does the default LineageOS camera have this access? Or are the Oneplus drivers/APIs still "secret" like https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/post-05/ alleges?

21prods

Sep 2, 2013
Thank you for all your hard work.

I have recently bought a Oneplus 8T (KB2003) and have installed LOS 18.1 on it. I have even managed to modify the modem settings in order to enable 5G (both SA and NSA) following a guide to do so (the guide is for the OOS, but I found a way to enable the use of QPST thanks to adb commands so I could follow it). Though, I don't get 5G connection even if I think I should.

Just a couple of quick questions, has anyone got 5G connection on LOS 18.1 with this model? Or AOSP is missing something and it is just not possible at the moment? In case it is possible, could someone shed some light as to what I could be missing?

Thank you very much
I reply to myself. Yes, I missed something, it is necessary to have a SIM card inserted in the phone BEFORE modifying the modern settings. Now it works.

the00guy

Jul 14, 2010
Has anyone with the unlocked 8T and the latest lineage noticed visual voicemail not working with T-Mobile? I haven't seen any other posts about it but VVM won't activate for me.

I'm on basically a clean install having followed the instructions after installing the latest OOS for the vendor firmware out of the box. Only modification is magisk/lsposed. Thanks all

derekn13

Jun 26, 2014
Has anyone with the unlocked 8T and the latest lineage noticed visual voicemail not working with T-Mobile? I haven't seen any other posts about it but VVM won't activate for me.

I have the same problem. I upgraded from a 6T (running an older version of LineageOS) to an 8T (LineageOS with the latest updates + Magisk), and I haven't been able to get VVM working on the 8T. I don't get much voicemail, so I've just been ignoring the problem, but it would be nice to have it back.

Reactions: the00guy

Hellskull

Sep 19, 2019
Hi guys,
I'm newbie here with stock rom - kb2000. My device got battery standby drain so fast. As i see in oos they have lots of feature require background service.
I lost about 15% every morning when i waked up :(
Will this rom improve my battery life? Any1 long used here can tell me your sot time and stand by % after wake up?

GraphMatix

Mar 19, 2014
LG Stylo 3
OnePlus 8T
I don't understand the Wiki maybe it's been so long since I flashed a custom rom. But t also says to us a recovery other than TWRP which confuses me.
I am coming from stock the Wiki mentions flashing copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip using some other recovery I don't know and then later about flipping sides. Can someone please help me I just want TWRP with lineageos and magisk to root.

the00guy

Jul 14, 2010
I have the same problem. I upgraded from a 6T (running an older version of LineageOS) to an 8T (LineageOS with the latest updates + Magisk), and I haven't been able to get VVM working on the 8T. I don't get much voicemail, so I've just been ignoring the problem, but it would be nice to have it back.
Thanks for confirming. It seems like the last update broke all haptic feedback as well now.

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 8T
I don't understand the Wiki maybe it's been so long since I flashed a custom rom. But t also says to us a recovery other than TWRP which confuses me.
I am coming from stock the Wiki mentions flashing copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip using some other recovery I don't know and then later about flipping sides. Can someone please help me I just want TWRP with lineageos and magisk to root.
A lot of rom documentation was written before we had a working TWRP (only became available in late August of this year). That's why there no mention of TWRP.

The 8T TWRP thread has documentation on installing custom ROMs, coming from OOS.

And read this post which explains why you need copy-partition and other important stuff: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ebab-2021-29-11.4302449/page-18#post-85910241

Daisuke1988

Sep 16, 2012
I'm considering getting an 8T, but after reading this thread, I'm unclear on whether I'll be able to use
  • the main camera at the native 48mp, to zoom into it and simulate telephoto
  • the other secondary cameras, especially the wideangle ones
without resorting to some hacked GCam. In fact, I'd like to use Open Camera, which someone recommended in the thread but without really specifying whether it gets full access to the camera. Otherwise, does the default LineageOS camera have this access? Or are the Oneplus drivers/APIs still "secret" like https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/f/post-05/ alleges?
Yeah, so pretty much on LinOS the cameras cant be fully accessed. It really sucks because although I like the stock rom, i rather use LinOS. However, I use Filmic Pro a lot and the app wont fully open on LinOS, it immediately crashes. With Open Camera, it works but cant access all of the cameras. Pretty lame

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got my 8t...coming over from Galaxy. Is it possible to flash the room (and gapps) the "old fashioned" way by flashing the zip through TWRP?
    Yes it is, but see the OP posts (multiple) in https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...recovery-project-8t-kebab-2021-09-04.4302449/

2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Yaay. The thread is back. :D
    How do you do backups? What would be a good way to keep backups if I wanted to flash this ROM on a semi daily basis? I noticed after flashing the ROM it asks if I want to restore from a backup.

Another observation as I flashed the GMS version last night is there was no gallery app. Maybe this is normal.

I would suggest Swift Backup. Was a titanium user, but I find Swift Backup to be better performing on Android 11.
    You could try to run fastboot --version and ./fastboot --version in your platform-tools directory and compare the output.

Adding ./ did it. Thanks! :cool:

IMG_20210228_102128.jpg
    Oh I know. Was just checking to see if it was installed in the ROM by default. Some LOS roms have them installed. I'm going to assume that they aren't and if I want to flash I can.

Appreciate the help
    Official builds never ship with gapps.