• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][kebab][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

LuccoJ

Aug 6, 2010
Hi, are there any known bugs, features missing in the rom? Also, can you go back to stock and retain l1 widevine?
I am not entirely sure if they are "known bugs", I might report them when I feel more comfortable, but for now just in my own experience, there are three issues that stand out:
  • in the dark, brightness often either goes down to the very minimum, or conversely if you set it to the middle it has a "runaway" where it progressively gets more and more bright until it's kind of blinding you; this usually stops if you set it manually a couple of times, and I assume you could also set the "one-off" option that makes auto-brightness stick to the setting it decides when you unlock the phone, until the screen goes off again;
  • when using Night mode, the fingerprint sensor is less sensitive likely due to a reddish white being used for shining onto your finger instead of the expected full white; if I try to actually enroll fingerprints with Night mode on, it just refuses to accept them... I believe in the stock OS, Night mode is temporarily turned off when dealing with fingerprints; plus, as a small annoyance, when you try to give your fingerprints a name, the keyboard pops up but the fingerprint sensor icon doesn't go away, making it difficult to hit the keys G, H and Y;
  • as I mentioned in other posts, auxiliary cameras can't be used without prop tweaks (although FreeDCam can seemingly use the wide-angle camera even without, but other cameras cause it to freeze), and the 48mp mode cannot be used, either, but it's possible that Android 12 will provide a working API for that, I'm being told.
Except for the limited camera support, these are small issues but they do impact my daily use of LineageOS on this phone in slightly annoying ways. However, I will also say that pretty much everything else works as I'd expect, as far as I can tell. Of course you don't get some OxygenOS-specific features, such as the night charge to 80% with top-up just before you wake up.

I don't know about Widevine as I'm not interested in supporting DRM.

RacketIDE

Jun 24, 2012
fastboot flashing unlock

This is command to unlock bootloader on OP8T
I use always fastboot oem unlock never had any issues with the command.
Maybe he should use adb reboot bootloader instead of reboot fastboot
None of these give result.
I have followed line by line the official guide, stuck in this part.

Some command gathering fastboot info gave me the correct response.

For now I will try to reset the phone, maybe is an issue from the update?

21prods

Sep 2, 2013
Code:
C:\Windows\system32> adb reboot fastboot

C:\Windows\system32> fastboot devices
xxxxxxxx        fastboot

C:\Windows\system32> fastboot oem unlock
FAILED (remote: 'Command not supported in default implementation')
fastboot: error: Command failed

brand-new KB2003, updated on 11.0.11.11.KB05BA.
Clean windows 10 installation.
I had some kind of error message as well, even though I don't remember if it was like this one.
In my case, I hadn't enabled the option to unlock the bootloader in the developers options settings. This option was grayed out because I had not sign in with a Google account.
I hope it works out for you.

RacketIDE

Jun 24, 2012
I had some kind of error message as well, even though I don't remember if it was like this one.
In my case, I hadn't enabled the option to unlock the bootloader in the developers options settings. This option was grayed out because I had not sign in with a Google account.
I hope it works out for you.

Unboxed, recharged to 100%, booted and connected via wifi, no sim inserted.
Signed in with a Google account.
Updating to last ota proposed after two reboot.

Some more reboot, without haste, let it on for hours for "eventual adjustment under the hood".

Followed only the official Lineage wiki.

I love Lineage. Actually still on OnePlus One Lineage. :cool:

Reactions: GraphMatix

RacketIDE

Jun 24, 2012
On linux mint machine, no joy:

Code:
:~$ adb devices
List of devices attached
xxxxxxxx    device

:~$ fastboot devices
no permissions (user in plugdev group; are your udev rules wrong?); see [http://developer.android.com/tools/device.html]fastboot

:~$ sudo fastboot devices

xxxxxxxx    fastboot

:~$ sudo fastboot oem unlock
FAILED (remote: Command not supported in default implementation)
finished. total time: 0.000s

:~$ sudo fastboot flashing unlock
FAILED (remote: Unrecognized command flashing unlock)
finished. total time: 0.000s

edit: resetted phone and still the same response.

edit 2: inserted the sim and the command was successful.

Code:
:~$ sudo fastboot oem unlock
OKAY [  0.032s]
finished. total time: 0.033s

Now is time to lineage it.

Tanks everybody on forum!

Last edited:

RacketIDE

Jun 24, 2012
Next question, sorry for my ignorance:

Fastboot says:
Code:
:~$ sudo fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) current-slot:b

So, how can I know what slot contain much older firmware than other?

Pre-install instructions​

In some cases slot b can be unpopulated or contain much older firmware than slot a, leading to various issues including a potential hard-brick. We can ensure none of that will happen by copying the contents of slot a to slot b. This step is NOT optional.

To do this, sideload the copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip package by doing the following:

RacketIDE

Jun 24, 2012
Dunno what i have done in this hours:

tldr
After wiped everything from twrp, seeing the snapdragon error on the two slot, unable to see phone memory, try to restore OO via fastboot flash and see errors in some partitions,

"now seems" the phone is alive, so maybe I can close the 200 browser tabs.

Question: how can I are sure that is everything ok?

Boot fast, config account ok, seems all allright.

But from the start, I am surprised that it will boot.

ghatothkach

Jun 1, 2011
geehat.wordpress.com
hi

I have latest LOS 18.1, and Magisk Installed on my new phone,

I just switched my SIMCARD to this phone, and I am trying to move my Whatsapp and SIgnal to the phone and it will not take my cell phone number and do the verification...

Whatsapp: Just keeps asking me to enter the phone again and again..
Signal: gets into Verification, wait and never sends any SMS or stops...

Any clues ?

G

PS:
Phone and SMS are working fine so is the internet.
For some reason browser wont download files, (like opengapps (latest))

Last edited:

the00guy

Jul 14, 2010
So riddle me this, I have installed this version of lineage on my 8t and have not installed any google apps (such as mindthegapps and opengapps) and yet Google Assistant seems to be in my system apps?

I just disabled them through my file manager, but why would this apk be part of Lineage natively??

edit: disregard, just found this thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/dkk6uw
I would think that it wouldn't be part of lineage by default. But given how many of us use Lineage as a privacy focused OS due to the fact that it doesn't ship with google apps pre-installed, this was a bit alarming to discover.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211212-191005_FX.png
    Screenshot_20211212-191005_FX.png
    292.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

allenjthomsen

So riddle me this, I have installed this version of lineage on my 8t and have not installed any google apps (such as mindthegapps and opengapps) and yet Google Assistant seems to be in my system apps?

I just disabled them through my file manager, but why would this apk be part of Lineage natively??

edit: disregard, just found this thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/dkk6uw
I would think that it wouldn't be part of lineage by default. But given how many of us use Lineage as a privacy focused OS due to the fact that it doesn't ship with google apps pre-installed, this was a bit alarming to discover.
privacy lmao you do realize any electronic you own can spy on you using camera speakers mics ect... if you wanted real privacy, i would suggest graphene os or calyx os if anyone has built them for this device

Attachments

• mp4.mp4
    107.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Dr. Mario

Jun 8, 2019
Helena
Google Pixel
OnePlus 6T
So far so good, no issues so far (and I am happy that the OnePlus 8T have a properly functioning TWRP now), just a bit disappointed that OnePlus locked down the camera features somewhere in the firmware as I wanted the DSLR and slow motion (high speed) camera features back in LineageOS - the OnePlus camera doesn't work and I really don't know what library or settings somewhere to enable.

So far as I know, OnePlus Camera version 3.2.67 was the only camera app that works on Android 11 OS (LineageOS 18.1) running on my older OnePlus 6T I still have.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2017
So far so good, no issues so far (and I am happy that the OnePlus 8T have a properly functioning TWRP now), just a bit disappointed that OnePlus locked down the camera features somewhere in the firmware as I wanted the DSLR and slow motion (high speed) camera features back in LineageOS - the OnePlus camera doesn't work and I really don't know what library or settings somewhere to enable.

So far as I know, OnePlus Camera version 3.2.67 was the only camera app that works on Android 11 OS (LineageOS 18.1) running on my older OnePlus 6T I still have.
Hi I am wondering if I should be going down the LineageOS way for my 8T from Tmobile as well. I have it unlocked and was just wondering if I should take the plunge esp because the 8T has official TWRP and L OS. Just haven't dont any rooting recently or flashing new roms. Want to use it mainly as a daily driver and get good battery life with not compromising too much of OP OOS features. Thanks.

TheArt.

Hi, I installed the latest microg lineage version from their website, with the lineage os recovery. I searched the thread but I do not understand how to root via Magisk this ROM. And which is the best procedure to keep root when new ROM version comes.

the00guy

Jul 14, 2010
Hi I am wondering if I should be going down the LineageOS way for my 8T from Tmobile as well. I have it unlocked and was just wondering if I should take the plunge esp because the 8T has official TWRP and L OS. Just haven't dont any rooting recently or flashing new roms. Want to use it mainly as a daily driver and get good battery life with not compromising too much of OP OOS features. Thanks.
The only real issue seems to be the fact that visual voicemail doesn't work on the current build of LOS 18.1 for the 8T for T-Mobile.

TheArt.

Hi, I installed the latest microg lineage version from their website, with the lineage os recovery. I searched the thread but I do not understand how to root via Magisk this ROM. And which is the best procedure to keep root when new ROM version comes.
I found how to root: download official magisk from github. Rename .apk to .zip. Flash it in TWRP.
The issue is that I am not sure of how to handle slot A and B with root and updates.

And another question: which geolocation service shall I activate/install for those who use microG?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Agree with all points. Can I ask you how you upgrade rom while keeping twrp and magisk?

I don't know if this will directly help you, since I use magisk but not TWRP. To keep magisk when upgrading, I follow the instructions at https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/ota.html under "Devices with A/B partitions". Basically: download and install the OTA update, but don't reboot. Instead, go into the magisk app, and use "install to inactive slot", and then reboot from there.
    Is the copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip referenced in the installation tutorial still available to download from the official LOS servers? I've searched the Extras and the 8T/kebab folder without success.

Tangentially related to that script, if I understand this correctly, the LOS ROM does not ship with the matching vendor firmware. Therefore, in order to keep it updated (or even compatible with LOS), I'll need to regularly check for any OxygenOS updates, extract the individual firmware images from the official ROM, and fastboot flash each image to both slots?
    I am not able to install LineageOS updates with LineageOS updater any more. Download works but when I hit install, it just gives me "Install error" with no further information. The updater worked until I did some modifications to the device which might cause that error:
    1. Installed TWRP.
    2. Installed Aurora Services as system app using adb root, remount and push.
    3. Installed vendor firmware update as described here.
    I went back to Lineage Recovery and was able to install an update of LineageOS through recovery but the LineageOS updater is still corrupt. I use LineageOS for microG. Any ideas how to get the LineageOS updater working again?
    You can't OTA if you use adb remount. You have to do adb enable-verity+adb reboot to be able to do OTA again.
    Hi all:
    Where in LOS source code (https://github.com/LineageOS) can I see if a new 'Android security update' (e.g. the 2022 January security update) has been committed?
    The downloads page also shows recent changes.

For the 8t: https://download.lineageos.org/kebab/changes/

Security patch will be listed there when merged. It will read as something with ASB (Android security bulletin) or just as security patch
    Is the copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip referenced in the installation tutorial still available to download from the official LOS servers? I've searched the Extras and the 8T/kebab folder without success.

Tangentially related to that script, if I understand this correctly, the LOS ROM does not ship with the matching vendor firmware. Therefore, in order to keep it updated (or even compatible with LOS), I'll need to regularly check for any OxygenOS updates, extract the individual firmware images from the official ROM, and fastboot flash each image to both slots?
    Personally, I just skip copy-partition zip file and run OxygenOS updater app twice to flash the same OS update zip on both boot slots prior to flashing LineageOS on it. Zero issues so far.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Yaay. The thread is back. :D
    How do you do backups? What would be a good way to keep backups if I wanted to flash this ROM on a semi daily basis? I noticed after flashing the ROM it asks if I want to restore from a backup.

Another observation as I flashed the GMS version last night is there was no gallery app. Maybe this is normal.

I would suggest Swift Backup. Was a titanium user, but I find Swift Backup to be better performing on Android 11.
    You could try to run fastboot --version and ./fastboot --version in your platform-tools directory and compare the output.

Adding ./ did it. Thanks! :cool:

IMG_20210228_102128.jpg
    Oh I know. Was just checking to see if it was installed in the ROM by default. Some LOS roms have them installed. I'm going to assume that they aren't and if I want to flash I can.

Appreciate the help
    Official builds never ship with gapps.