[ROM][OFFICIAL][kebab][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Dior DNA

Aug 17, 2015
@LuK1337 : I wonder : OOS 12 changed partition layout ... is LOS for 1+8T going to do so as well? I ask because 1+8T has some bright years and upgrades to come, so I wonder how LOS will keep up to date with specific OOS firmware partitions. Thanks for your amazing work.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
@LuK1337 : I wonder : OOS 12 changed partition layout ... is LOS for 1+8T going to do so as well? I ask because 1+8T has some bright years and upgrades to come, so I wonder how LOS will keep up to date with specific OOS firmware partitions. Thanks for your amazing work.
GPT is still the same and super partition layout doesn't matter.

Dior DNA

Aug 17, 2015
You asked about partition layout and then started talking about firmware compatibility. That's why I said you have no clue what you're talking about.
I had not checked layout but obviously the block devices are the ones to upgrade and I see, for example, imagefv.img 11.0.13.13.KB05BA has size 20480 and imagefv.img KB2003_11.C.16 has size 1191936 so I am hesitant to fastboot flash a bigger one ... (I hereby assume fastboot flash is more or less a dd, but I have no clue)

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
I had not checked layout but obviously the block devices are the ones to upgrade and I see, for example, imagefv.img 11.0.13.13.KB05BA has size 20480 and imagefv.img KB2003_11.C.16 has size 1191936 so I am hesitant to fastboot flash a bigger one ...
Let's just defer that discussion until builds that require Android 12 firmware are out, otherwise you'll just hurt yourself.

cpkelley94

Aug 9, 2012
Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version: lineage-18.1-20220428-nightly-kebab-signed.zip
LineageOS Download url: https://download.lineageos.org/kebab
Gapps version: MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20220217_100228.zip

Did you--
wipe: yes
restore with titanium backup: no
reboot after having the issue: yes

Are you using--
a task killer: no
a non-stock kernel: no
other modifications: Magisk v23

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Switched to LineageOS 18.1 about a week ago and while I really like the experience as a whole, I'm noticing a few annoying issues. I am on a T-Mobile OnePlus 8T+ converted to updated KB2005 firmware by MSM and firmware flashes through LOS recovery (fw_kebab_OxygenOS_OnePlus8TOxygen_15.O.31_OTA_0310_all_2202182359_ca105dab55fd44e6_11.0-DDR0.zip). My phone is SIM-locked with an unlocked bootloader.

1. Adaptive brightness is unstable and slow in my experience so far, and it learns preferences very slowly. I find myself having to manually adjust brightness many times per day, and sometimes it will vary from 0% to 60% and back in dark lighting. I wonder if it's an issue with LineageOS not working well with the under-display ambient light sensor? Perhaps we can copy some files from OOS?
  • (Workaround) To fix this, I have since installed and configured Velis Auto Brightness, and I used Franco Kernel Manager to enable high brightness mode when in direct sunlight. Not an ideal solution since it involves a third party app with a permanent notification, but it works well for me. I'd recommend this setup to anyone having auto brightness problems.

2. When playing audio through the phone speakers (eg. YouTube videos, podcasts), the volume will often drop and shoot up wildly even though the phone volume setting is not changing, and the peak volume is far louder than it should be given the volume setting. It seems to drop in volume more often during quiet parts of the audio. These issues do not occur when using other speakers (eg. Bluetooth), and it is not responsive to turning off AudioFX settings. This is the biggest annoyance for me so far and I'm not sure where to start to fix it.

3. SafetyNet/Widevine L3. After booting LineageOS for the first time with Magisk and an unlocked bootloader, my phone does not pass SafetyNet and is Widevine L3. I was able to fix the SafetyNet issue using MagiskHide Props Config and setting a new device fingerprint (using their provided fingerprint for a KB2003 device). However, I am still at Widevine L3, and nothing I have tried has fixed it, including wiping and reflashing LOS.

If anyone has encountered these issues and figured out a way to address any of them, I would really appreciate solutions! Very grateful to the dev team for this ROM and I hope these issues can be solved.

Last edited:
Reactions: Underphil

Underphil

Jan 4, 2020
2. When playing audio through the phone speakers (eg. YouTube videos, podcasts), the volume will often drop and shoot up wildly even though the phone volume setting is not changing, and the peak volume is far louder than it should be given the volume setting. It seems to drop in volume more often during quiet parts of the audio. These issues do not occur when using other speakers (eg. Bluetooth), and it is not responsive to turning off AudioFX settings. This is the biggest annoyance for me so far and I'm not sure where to start to fix it

I also have this exact issue with this, and every other Lineage based ROM for the 8T. It's almost like an audio compressor with a slow release and yeah, it makes watching videos extremely difficult. I had to revert back to stock but I keep visiting this thread hoping it might get noticed and fixed.

I posted about this a few pages back but it never gained any traction. There must be something that causes it to happen only on certain devices, because it's impossible to miss if you consume media using your phone speakers.

cpkelley94

Aug 9, 2012
I also have this exact issue with this, and every other Lineage based ROM for the 8T. It's almost like an audio compressor with a slow release and yeah, it makes watching videos extremely difficult. I had to revert back to stock but I keep visiting this thread hoping it might get noticed and fixed.

I posted about this a few pages back but it never gained any traction. There must be something that causes it to happen only on certain devices, because it's impossible to miss if you consume media using your phone speakers.
Yea this is interesting. Maybe we can try to pinpoint things we have in common. What is your 8T device model, firmware model and version, etc? I downgraded my YouTube version to the last v16 version and it seems to have helped somewhat, although it's not completely gone (and this could be placebo effect, I'm not sure).

I tried rewinding and replaying the video/audio when these drops/boosts occur, and it seems like it is occurring with the same pattern each listen, so I don't think this is some semi-random effect of another installed app interfering with the audio.

Underphil

Jan 4, 2020
Yea this is interesting. Maybe we can try to pinpoint things we have in common. What is your 8T device model, firmware model and version, etc? I downgraded my YouTube version to the last v16 version and it seems to have helped somewhat, although it's not completely gone (and this could be placebo effect, I'm not sure).

I tried rewinding and replaying the video/audio when these drops/boosts occur, and it seems like it is occurring with the same pattern each listen, so I don't think this is some semi-random effect of another installed app interfering with the audio.

I'm currently on a KB2000 on 11.0.13.13.KB05AA, but I wouldn't pay too much attention to that since this has been an issue for me since this ROM was first released. I've been back to it 3 times in the hope the issue was magically fixed, but alas no. So long story short, it's not firmware specific.

It's also not Youtube specific for me, so I'm convinced you're right about the placebo effect. If I download a video from Youtube (using an external program) I experience the exact same issue when playing that video in VLC (or MXPlayer) and for me that points to something in the audio signal path. It's definitely something related to either auto-volume leveling or audio compression. Something designed to prevent sudden loud noises that's overcompensating.

But yeah, it is really annoying and a dealbreaker for me. It's such a hassle to return to stock that I'm not going down the road of installing this again. Just wanted to add a +1 to your comment in the hope it helped it get noticed.

Don't try Lineage Microg or CalyxOS builds either in the hope it'll be better-- They have the exact same issue. Just giving you a heads-up there.

Reactions: thefanum

zetrri

Apr 15, 2011
OnePlus 8T

I'm currently on a KB2000 on 11.0.13.13.KB05AA, but I wouldn't pay too much attention to that since this has been an issue for me since this ROM was first released. I've been back to it 3 times in the hope the issue was magically fixed, but alas no. So long story short, it's not firmware specific.

It's also not Youtube specific for me, so I'm convinced you're right about the placebo effect. If I download a video from Youtube (using an external program) I experience the exact same issue when playing that video in VLC (or MXPlayer) and for me that points to something in the audio signal path. It's definitely something related to either auto-volume leveling or audio compression. Something designed to prevent sudden loud noises that's overcompensating.

But yeah, it is really annoying and a dealbreaker for me. It's such a hassle to return to stock that I'm not going down the road of installing this again. Just wanted to add a +1 to your comment in the hope it helped it get noticed.

Don't try Lineage Microg or CalyxOS builds either in the hope it'll be better-- They have the exact same issue. Just giving you a heads-up there.
i had the same problem. I read somewhere that Dynamic Range Control could couse these issues and confirmed that it was active on the build for oneplus 8t. After i flashed this : https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Alt-Repo/drc-remover which set drc to disabled, my issues with speaker volume is gone!

Underphil

Jan 4, 2020

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unfortunately the sources seem to be incomplete and are missing at least camera and touchscreen related stuff. Not cool OnePlus, not cool. :rolleyes:
    Seems they merged the missing kernel code and blobs a couple days ago. Someone was even able to compile it and have it fully working at the moment.
    Unfortunately the sources seem to be incomplete and are missing at least camera and touchscreen related stuff. Not cool OnePlus, not cool. :rolleyes:
    Great system so far. My only complaint is the fingerprint unlock. It's horrible at detection. I've tried with and without a screen protector. Any ideas or fixes?
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    tomorrow afternoon 3 p.m 😆
    More like few weeks after OOS12 kernel source is out.
    Yaay. The thread is back. :D

i had the same problem. I read somewhere that Dynamic Range Control could couse these issues and confirmed that it was active on the build for oneplus 8t. After i flashed this : https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Alt-Repo/drc-remover which set drc to disabled, my issues with speaker volume is gone!
    How do you do backups? What would be a good way to keep backups if I wanted to flash this ROM on a semi daily basis? I noticed after flashing the ROM it asks if I want to restore from a backup.

Another observation as I flashed the GMS version last night is there was no gallery app. Maybe this is normal.

I would suggest Swift Backup. Was a titanium user, but I find Swift Backup to be better performing on Android 11.