[ROM][OFFICIAL][kebab][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

BeardedGears

Apr 10, 2019
Is there a thread for 19.1 op6t ? Or ask here ?

Is there a setting or would it be a bug? Plugging phone into aux poet to play music but nothing plays through the speaker, tried different cords. Other phones work also. Just not op6t

draychi

Sep 24, 2010
Jacksonville
Great system so far. My only complaint is the fingerprint unlock. It's horrible at detection. I've tried with and without a screen protector. Any ideas or fixes?

Reactions: Shidapu

mvmike

Mar 13, 2018
Catalonia
github.com
OnePlus 8
Seems waiting for oneplus public android 12 kernel for sm8250. https://github.com/OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8250
It got uploaded a few days back 🎉

Screenshot at 2022-06-20 21-08-50.png

temp567

Nov 1, 2020
hello,

wondering if lineage 19/19.1 is in the works for kebab?

otherwise lineage 18 is a great rom!

thanks developers for your excellent work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any update about LOS 19 ?
    Yep, everyone already has it except you. We were about to call you, but you ruined it by asking.
    There are already oos 12 firmware based roms available so I asked if LOS 19 is coming soon or not.

It appears OnePlus still has not released OOS 12 Kernel source. (<-- Github link)

See these issue links in particular:

Where are the DTS in the OOS12 kernel source?

GPL Violation: OOS12 kernel_oneplus_sm8250 sources have not been released

I linked to two of these issues, there are a ton of them actually, they are scattered across Github, across many devices. Then again across many Reddit threads. OnePlus apprently doesn't care about GPL and doesn't care about releasing the code as they are supposed to.
    And, will there ever be an OOS13?
    Our 8T will also get Android 14.
    3 major versions and an additional year with security patches.
    It was released in late 2020 with Android 11.
    nevertheless some custom ROMs offer (tmp) both OOS11 and OOS12 right now. And, will there ever be an OOS13?
    Oh yeah, there is absolutely going to be a 13 for the 8t. But I have no info beyond what I already said.

I just unlocked my tmobile 8t and am running stock 11. do I need to back anything up like persist.img before flashing? I jumped the gun on my 7t mclaren and ruined the finger printer reader. trying to avoid that! thanks.
    Just follow the guidelines for installing and you should be good.

While I agree there is little risk following the instructions... There really is no reason to not back up your EFS and Persist. Especially as there is "no" way to recover the EFS if something goes wrong later, and they are unique to your device. You should never need them, but if you ever do, you'll be glad you have them.

From my write-up (if it helps)

sudo adb shell
    dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist of=/sdcard/persist.img
    dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modemst1 of=/sdcard/modemst1.bin
    dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modemst2 of=/sdcard/modemst2.bin
    exit
    sudo adb pull /sdcard/persist.img /home/mint/Desktop
    sudo adb pull /sdcard/modemst1.bin /home/mint/Desktop
    sudo adb pull /sdcard/modemst2.bin /home/mint/Desktop

I originally used the broken TWRP to do this.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    tomorrow afternoon 3 p.m 😆
    More like few weeks after OOS12 kernel source is out.
    Yaay. The thread is back. :D
    Any update about LOS 19 ?
    Yep, everyone already has it except you. We were about to call you, but you ruined it by asking.
    Yea this is interesting. Maybe we can try to pinpoint things we have in common. What is your 8T device model, firmware model and version, etc? I downgraded my YouTube version to the last v16 version and it seems to have helped somewhat, although it's not completely gone (and this could be placebo effect, I'm not sure).

I tried rewinding and replaying the video/audio when these drops/boosts occur, and it seems like it is occurring with the same pattern each listen, so I don't think this is some semi-random effect of another installed app interfering with the audio.
    I'm currently on a KB2000 on 11.0.13.13.KB05AA, but I wouldn't pay too much attention to that since this has been an issue for me since this ROM was first released. I've been back to it 3 times in the hope the issue was magically fixed, but alas no. So long story short, it's not firmware specific.

It's also not Youtube specific for me, so I'm convinced you're right about the placebo effect. If I download a video from Youtube (using an external program) I experience the exact same issue when playing that video in VLC (or MXPlayer) and for me that points to something in the audio signal path. It's definitely something related to either auto-volume leveling or audio compression. Something designed to prevent sudden loud noises that's overcompensating.

But yeah, it is really annoying and a dealbreaker for me. It's such a hassle to return to stock that I'm not going down the road of installing this again. Just wanted to add a +1 to your comment in the hope it helped it get noticed.

Don't try Lineage Microg or CalyxOS builds either in the hope it'll be better-- They have the exact same issue. Just giving you a heads-up there.
    i had the same problem. I read somewhere that Dynamic Range Control could couse these issues and confirmed that it was active on the build for oneplus 8t. After i flashed this : https://github.com/Magisk-Modules-Alt-Repo/drc-remover which set drc to disabled, my issues with speaker volume is gone!