[ROM][OFFICIAL][kebab][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

dwaipayanray95

Jul 24, 2012
Pune
www.youtube.com
OnePlus 8T
I just updated to today's build, version 0513. As always, I did it through the built-in updater app, and as always, there has been no problem. We now have the May security patch. And everything else seems to work perfectly. Many thanks to the LineageOS team for their work.
Do you have gapps installed?
How's the smoothness and the battery backup?

TacoTuco

Oct 11, 2014
I just updated to today's build, version 0513. As always, I did it through the built-in updater app, and as always, there has been no problem. We now have the May security patch. And everything else seems to work perfectly. Many thanks to the LineageOS team for their work.
After installing the update did you go to magisk and press "install to inactive slot" and then rebooted?

Smallsmx3

Jul 28, 2010
I haven't flashed a custom ROM since my Nexus 6p. Thinking of going with lineage. Everyone recommend it over OOS? Anything broken or not quite as good as stock

darktanget

Aug 29, 2012
OnePlus 8T
on latest build, in call display does not popup, tried diff thing but no luck.

also, cannot apply icon pack.

rest seems working normally

elanandkumar

Sep 1, 2011
Bangalore
Flashed latest build yesterday. All good but there is brightness bug. It changes to high all sudden which is pretty bad for eyes and it irritates....weird is that even if I turn off adaptive brightness, it goes higher. So no matter whether adaptive is on or off. It keeps jumping to high.
Rest all looks good. Great work.

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011
Flashed latest build yesterday. All good but there is brightness bug. It changes to high all sudden which is pretty bad for eyes and it irritates....weird is that even if I turn off adaptive brightness, it goes higher. So no matter whether adaptive is on or off. It keeps jumping to high.
Rest all looks good. Great work.

Have you tried turning everything off under display mode? Display --> Live Display --> Display Mode --> Off

zBear

Oct 1, 2008
Chisinau
guys, I need help with Play Store certification and Google Pay

I've seen a lot of post about these issues and looks like there is a solution, but haven't found step-by-step instruction

I'm using Magisk 23.0, I've activated Magisk Hide for Google Play Services and Google Play store, Universal SafetyNet Fix 1.1.1 is installed

please tell me what am I missing here?

upd:
found it
need to use this instruction https://droidholic.com/safetynet-cts-profile-failed-fix
Busybox for Android NDK & MagiskHide Props Config modules fixed this issue for me

Last edited:

zBear

Oct 1, 2008
Chisinau
I was looking for an option in settings to enable "Wake Screen for Notifications" behavior, but wasn't able to find it

tried to use search in Settings, option was displayed in search results, but it's not in the menu option search result was pointing at

also in search results found a "Notification Light" option

if the last one is clearly a bug in our case, I can't understand why "Wake Screen for Notifications" isn't an option for our phone?

any suggestions?

and what about Face Unlock option in this ROM? can find a way to install/enable it

Last edited:

OhioYJ

Feb 25, 2011
guys, I need help with Play Store certification and Google Pay

I've seen a lot of post about these issues and looks like there is a solution, but haven't found step-by-step instruction

I'm using Magisk 23.0, I've activated Magisk Hide for Google Play Services and Google Play store, Universal SafetyNet Fix 1.1.1 is installed

please tell me what am I missing here?

upd:
found it
need to use this instruction https://droidholic.com/safetynet-cts-profile-failed-fix
Busybox for Android NDK & MagiskHide Props Config modules fixed this issue for me

I cover this in my Installing LOS Guide for the 8T rigt over in the guide section. See section 6. No need to load extra apks, and all those modules that guide listed. (Maybe that guide says they are optional, I didn't read it honestly, just looked over it quickly). Busybox, and MagiskHide Props are the only Modules needed.

Reactions: zBear

zBear

Oct 1, 2008
Chisinau
LineageOS version: Official from May 20
LineageOS Download url: https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/full/kebab/20210520/lineage-18.1-20210520-nightly-kebab-signed.zip
Gapps version: MindTheGapps for Lineage 18.1 (Android 11) https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps.html
Clean install, no restoring.
No task killers and no modifications. Only Magisk and MagiskHide Props Config module to pass certification in Google Play.

Found several issues, please tell me if you are facing these also.
  1. After restart screen brightness is crazy (using autobrightness). For example before restart it's 20%, after restart it's 80% (even if I wait several minutes to give phone a chance to accommodate). Need to manually set it back to 20%.
  2. In "System Profile" settings, set "Lock screen mode" to "Don't ask for PIN or password". Restart the phone. Enter PIN to unlock phone after restart, press power button once to turn screen OFF. Turn screen ON and you'll see that PIN/Fingerprint is required. But If you will go to settings and choose the active "System Profile" again, after turning screen OFF/ON you'll see that now PIN/Fingerprint is NOT required. Looks like this setting is ignored (not remembered) after restart.
  3. No "Wake Screen for Notifications" option in settings, but can be found in search (the link from search doesn't shows this option).
  4. "Notification Light" option can be found in search in settings.

Last edited:

Marcb

Aug 11, 2008
Hey guys. If I install LineageOS + Gapps and no other modification (meaning Magisk), I believe every security check will fail, right? So banking apps, Paying apps, will most likely not work, is that right? Even if I re-lock my bootloader?

cheesemonk66

May 15, 2021
Hey guys. If I install LineageOS + Gapps and no other modification (meaning Magisk), I believe every security check will fail, right? So banking apps, Paying apps, will most likely not work, is that right? Even if I re-lock my bootloader?
Safety net is a minefield so it's impossible to say for sure what will and won't work but even with a relocked bootloader it's almost certain your device wouldn't pass causing Payment and banking apps to fail. If you absolutely need these things sticking to stock is your best bet.

Reactions: Lz3807775t

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    tomorrow afternoon 3 p.m 😆
    More like few weeks after OOS12 kernel source is out.
    Yaay. The thread is back. :D
    Any update about LOS 19 ?
    Yep, everyone already has it except you. We were about to call you, but you ruined it by asking.
    There are already oos 12 firmware based roms available so I asked if LOS 19 is coming soon or not.

It appears OnePlus still has not released OOS 12 Kernel source. (<-- Github link)

See these issue links in particular:

Where are the DTS in the OOS12 kernel source?

GPL Violation: OOS12 kernel_oneplus_sm8250 sources have not been released

I linked to two of these issues, there are a ton of them actually, they are scattered across Github, across many devices. Then again across many Reddit threads. OnePlus apprently doesn't care about GPL and doesn't care about releasing the code as they are supposed to.