[ROM][OFFICIAL][kebab][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

allenjthomsen

Nov 17, 2010
Tacoma, WA
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Nothing Phone 2
So riddle me this, I have installed this version of lineage on my 8t and have not installed any google apps (such as mindthegapps and opengapps) and yet Google Assistant seems to be in my system apps?

I just disabled them through my file manager, but why would this apk be part of Lineage natively??

edit: disregard, just found this thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/dkk6uw
I would think that it wouldn't be part of lineage by default. But given how many of us use Lineage as a privacy focused OS due to the fact that it doesn't ship with google apps pre-installed, this was a bit alarming to discover.
privacy lmao you do realize any electronic you own can spy on you using camera speakers mics ect... if you wanted real privacy, i would suggest graphene os or calyx os if anyone has built them for this device

Attachments

• mp4.mp4
    107.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Dr. Mario

Jun 8, 2019
Helena
Google Pixel
OnePlus 6T
So far so good, no issues so far (and I am happy that the OnePlus 8T have a properly functioning TWRP now), just a bit disappointed that OnePlus locked down the camera features somewhere in the firmware as I wanted the DSLR and slow motion (high speed) camera features back in LineageOS - the OnePlus camera doesn't work and I really don't know what library or settings somewhere to enable.

So far as I know, OnePlus Camera version 3.2.67 was the only camera app that works on Android 11 OS (LineageOS 18.1) running on my older OnePlus 6T I still have.

Last edited:

R@j.

Sep 9, 2017
So far so good, no issues so far (and I am happy that the OnePlus 8T have a properly functioning TWRP now), just a bit disappointed that OnePlus locked down the camera features somewhere in the firmware as I wanted the DSLR and slow motion (high speed) camera features back in LineageOS - the OnePlus camera doesn't work and I really don't know what library or settings somewhere to enable.

So far as I know, OnePlus Camera version 3.2.67 was the only camera app that works on Android 11 OS (LineageOS 18.1) running on my older OnePlus 6T I still have.
Hi I am wondering if I should be going down the LineageOS way for my 8T from Tmobile as well. I have it unlocked and was just wondering if I should take the plunge esp because the 8T has official TWRP and L OS. Just haven't dont any rooting recently or flashing new roms. Want to use it mainly as a daily driver and get good battery life with not compromising too much of OP OOS features. Thanks.

TheArt.

Hi, I installed the latest microg lineage version from their website, with the lineage os recovery. I searched the thread but I do not understand how to root via Magisk this ROM. And which is the best procedure to keep root when new ROM version comes.

the00guy

Jul 14, 2010
Hi I am wondering if I should be going down the LineageOS way for my 8T from Tmobile as well. I have it unlocked and was just wondering if I should take the plunge esp because the 8T has official TWRP and L OS. Just haven't dont any rooting recently or flashing new roms. Want to use it mainly as a daily driver and get good battery life with not compromising too much of OP OOS features. Thanks.
The only real issue seems to be the fact that visual voicemail doesn't work on the current build of LOS 18.1 for the 8T for T-Mobile.

Dr. Mario

Jun 8, 2019
Helena
Google Pixel
OnePlus 6T

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211214-131001_Visual_Voicemail.png
    Screenshot_20211214-131001_Visual_Voicemail.png
    82.5 KB · Views: 69

TheArt.

Hi, I installed the latest microg lineage version from their website, with the lineage os recovery. I searched the thread but I do not understand how to root via Magisk this ROM. And which is the best procedure to keep root when new ROM version comes.
I found how to root: download official magisk from github. Rename .apk to .zip. Flash it in TWRP.
The issue is that I am not sure of how to handle slot A and B with root and updates.

And another question: which geolocation service shall I activate/install for those who use microG?

the00guy

Jul 14, 2010
I found how to root: download official magisk from github. Rename .apk to .zip. Flash it in TWRP.
The issue is that I am not sure of how to handle slot A and B with root and updates.

And another question: which geolocation service shall I activate/install for those who use microG?
Recovery and bootloader are part of the same /boot partition on A/B devices so when you flash a recovery you need to reflash any boot related stuff like Magisk. There is a boot_a and a boot_b for each slot, so normally you'd have to switch slots and reflash to flash the opposite slot but Magisk takes care of this for you (not sure if TWRP does nowadays, used to have to flash TWRP, then Magisk, then switch slots and repeat).

Reactions: TheArt.

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Recovery and bootloader are part of the same /boot partition on A/B devices so when you flash a recovery you need to reflash any boot related stuff like Magisk. There is a boot_a and a boot_b for each slot, so normally you'd have to switch slots and reflash to flash the opposite slot but Magisk takes care of this for you (not sure if TWRP does nowadays, used to have to flash TWRP, then Magisk, then switch slots and repeat).
On the 8T, recovery and boot are physically separate partitions, even though the 8T is an A/B device.

TheArt.

On the 8T, recovery and boot are physically separate partitions, even though the 8T is an A/B device.

Thank you both, but still I am unsure of how to handle the 8T partitions, could you help me with these questions?:

1. Do I have to install TWRP on both slots? (I used fastboot flash recovery twrp.img the first time)

2. So the slots are like multiboot?

3. Can I have two different ROMs and use them both?

4. And what about kernels, do they have two slots too?

5. I had latest stock rom installed and I used copy_partition.zip before and after installing LineageOS. It bootlooped then I flashed LineageOS again and it worked. Now I am booting from slot_a. What happens if I now try to boot from slot_b? I mean, my data is shared between slots and only the system files are in two different slots or what?

6. Is there a step-by-step guide of how to update Lineage-OS while keeping twrp and magisk?

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Thank you both, but still I am unsure of how to handle the 8T partitions, could you help me with these questions?:

1. Do I have to install TWRP on both slots? (I used fastboot flash recovery twrp.img the first time)

2. So the slots are like multiboot?

3. Can I have two different ROMs and use them both?

4. And what about kernels, do they have two slots too?

5. I had latest stock rom installed and I used copy_partition.zip before and after installing LineageOS. It bootlooped then I flashed LineageOS again and it worked. Now I am booting from slot_a. What happens if I now try to boot from slot_b? I mean, my data is shared between slots and only the system files are in two different slots or what?

6. Is there a step-by-step guide of how to update Lineage-OS while keeping twrp and magisk?
1. Not necessary, but see 6.
2. No. They are there solely to cater for seamless updates while the system is still running.
3. No. There's only one data partition and one super partition (it contains the "system" partitions).
4. Kernel = boot, so A and B
5. Try it - best way to learn. You can always swap slots again.
6. I don't use Los on my 8T, but: if Los supports addon.d then Magisk should stick. You will have to flash TWRP to the inactive slot (Los installs it's own recovery) when updating Los. Or you can use @osm0sis's TWRP retention module.

Reactions: TheArt.

TheArt.

Basic Updating Instructions (with ROOT)

Prerequisites:
- Already in the LineageOS Official Nightly
- MindTheGApps installed
- Rooted by Magisk via patched boot.img method

Updating to the latest Nightly:
- Go to Magisk and click Uninstall Magisk, then click "Restore Images".
- Go to Settings/System/Updater check updates and download.
- Install the downloaded update.
- Once installed (DO NOT CLICK REBOOT)
- Go to Magisk and click "INSTALL", choose "Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA) and Flash then click "REBOOT" Botton in the lower right of the magisk.
- Wait for the optimization till it reboots.
- Done and Enjoy!

FAQ:
Q. Why I'm getting bootloop after updating via updater?
A. You're not using GApp package that are not addon.d v3 compliant
Q. Why I'm getting error from updating via adb sideload?
A. You're not rooted as stated to the above method. Flashed magisk zip can ends to bootloop!
Q. What is the best GApps package for Lineage?
A. MindTheGApps why? Because it's updateable.

Q. I don't want MindTheApps because it's huge and bloatty.
A. You may debloat the zip by removing or deleting this packages inside:
• AndroidAutoStubPrebuilt
• AndroidMigrateStubPrebuilt
• GoogleTTS
• PrebuiltExchange3Google
• talkback
• Velvet
Hi @Nixsuki , is this still valid? I am looking for a guide to update LOS while keeping twrp and root. Los updates include LOS recovery which will overwrite the TWRP. So do I have to flash the TWRP A/B retention script by osm0sis somewhere in the middle of your steps?

Basically I have 4 possible files to flash:
  1. lineageos latest version zip (or install with the lineage updater app, not sure)
  2. magisk.zip,
  3. copy_partitions.zip
  4. twrp_retention script zip
Which is the order of flashing those and how to proceed?

fiepi

Sep 16, 2016
www.fiepi.com
OnePlus 8T
OnePlus 12
Reactions: hotrodwinston

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
$ getprop ro.product.model
KB2003
$ getprop ro.boot.rf_version

The model is not displayed correctly, my model is actually KB2000. You can refer to this code for correction.
Not interested in displaying correct model number.

enapah

Aug 9, 2014
Is the copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip referenced in the installation tutorial still available to download from the official LOS servers? I've searched the Extras and the 8T/kebab folder without success.

Tangentially related to that script, if I understand this correctly, the LOS ROM does not ship with the matching vendor firmware. Therefore, in order to keep it updated (or even compatible with LOS), I'll need to regularly check for any OxygenOS updates, extract the individual firmware images from the official ROM, and fastboot flash each image to both slots?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    tomorrow afternoon 3 p.m 😆
    More like few weeks after OOS12 kernel source is out.
    Yaay. The thread is back. :D
    Any update about LOS 19 ?
    Yep, everyone already has it except you. We were about to call you, but you ruined it by asking.
    There are already oos 12 firmware based roms available so I asked if LOS 19 is coming soon or not.

It appears OnePlus still has not released OOS 12 Kernel source. (<-- Github link)

See these issue links in particular:

Where are the DTS in the OOS12 kernel source?

GPL Violation: OOS12 kernel_oneplus_sm8250 sources have not been released

I linked to two of these issues, there are a ton of them actually, they are scattered across Github, across many devices. Then again across many Reddit threads. OnePlus apprently doesn't care about GPL and doesn't care about releasing the code as they are supposed to.