[ROM][OFFICIAL][kebab][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

TheArt.

I am not able to install LineageOS updates with LineageOS updater any more. Download works but when I hit install, it just gives me "Install error" with no further information. The updater worked until I did some modifications to the device which might cause that error:
  1. Installed TWRP.
  2. Installed Aurora Services as system app using adb root, remount and push.
  3. Installed vendor firmware update as described here.
I went back to Lineage Recovery and was able to install an update of LineageOS through recovery but the LineageOS updater is still corrupt. I use LineageOS for microG. Any ideas how to get the LineageOS updater working again?
In the guide you mentioned in step 3, what is DDR type 0 and type 1? Which to choose?

TheArt.

Hi @Nixsuki , is this still valid? I am looking for a guide to update LOS while keeping twrp and root. Los updates include LOS recovery which will overwrite the TWRP. So do I have to flash the TWRP A/B retention script by osm0sis somewhere in the middle of your steps?

Basically I have 4 possible files to flash:
  1. lineageos latest version zip (or install with the lineage updater app, not sure)
  2. magisk.zip,
  3. copy_partitions.zip
  4. twrp_retention script zip
Which is the order of flashing those and how to proceed?
Hi there, I quote my previous post to ask if someone has managed to update the ROM while keeping twrp and magisk? Maybe a mini-guide for newbies would be great: like joining the guide of LOS to update Oxygen Os firmware and then update LineageOs while keeping twrp and magisk

thekubiaks

Nov 3, 2012
Lineage 18.1 was working perfectly until the most recent weekly update 123021 (Oneplus 8T). I'm not sure what you guys messed with but I am now having wifi connectivity issues, lost LTE Wifi Calling, and lost my Google Chrome bookmarks. :( I made no changes to anything on the phone, I just did the routine weekly update.

RoelD92

Dec 13, 2012

sahilbappiana

May 21, 2014
This is one of the best ROMs avilable but all i need extra from this is OOS Camera app . can you please add oneplus stock camera app in this , they already added in HAVOC-OS so its also possible to add in this

Dior DNA

Aug 17, 2015
The downloads page also shows recent changes.

For the 8t: https://download.lineageos.org/kebab/changes/

Security patch will be listed there when merged. It will read as something with ASB (Android security bulletin) or just as security patch

OK thanks so the file turns out to be build/make/core/version_defaults.mk

Code:
$ grep 'PLATFORM_SECURITY_PATCH := ' ./build/make/core/version_defaults.mk
      PLATFORM_SECURITY_PATCH := 2021-12-05

synch

Jul 5, 2009
I've had the Oneplus 8T for about a month and am loving it so far.

I've run into one painful issue though, and I haven't been able to troubleshoot it properly.

When listening to a podcast on the speaker the volume seems to go down and back up. I've noticed this on several podcasts, with two different apps (Antennapod and Podverse). I haven't noticed it when using a bluetooth headset, only when using the speaker.

I've kept an eye on the volume slider, and it doesn't seem to move, even though the volume is noticeably going down.

I've looked for volume limiter settings, I've disabled AudioFX but I can't figure this one out. Is anyone else having the same problem? Any clues what a solution might be?

Shidapu

Nov 23, 2010
Gothenburg
Google Pixel
OnePlus 8T
I don't have much to complain about. Just a really good base rom with multiple functions and auto updates.

But I do have some wishes that Linage could implement, like for example:

1. When switching with the button to Silent, Vibrate, sound, a notification message pop up when switching.

2. Wireguard implementation into kernel. I already know that Android 12 will have some implementation for Wireguard by Google, but honestly, who trusts Google?

3. Change the stance on spoofing, why not implement SafetyNet compliance into the rom itself? My only guess is the heat from Google maybe.

4. Why the stance on root being something optional? Most people unlocking their bootloader probably wants root? I can't really understand why you wouldn't. And if you know how to unlock your bootloader, and install a custom rom, you probably know how to protect yourself from bad actors too while being rooted... Atleast let it be an option in the rom itself that can be activated.

5. Lockscreen customisation, including AOD, missing in action.

Anyway, enaugh of my words, a lovely rom overall, stable, secure, fast.

Thanks.

TheArt.

I don't have much to complain about. Just a really good base rom with multiple functions and auto updates.

But I do have some wishes that Linage could implement, like for example:

1. When switching with the button to Silent, Vibrate, sound, a notification message pop up when switching.

2. Wireguard implementation into kernel. I already know that Android 12 will have some implementation for Wireguard by Google, but honestly, who trusts Google?

3. Change the stance on spoofing, why not implement SafetyNet compliance into the rom itself? My only guess is the heat from Google maybe.

4. Why the stance on root being something optional? Most people unlocking their bootloader probably wants root? I can't really understand why you wouldn't. And if you know how to unlock your bootloader, and install a custom rom, you probably know how to protect yourself from bad actors too while being rooted... Atleast let it be an option in the rom itself that can be activated.

5. Lockscreen customisation, including AOD, missing in action.

Anyway, enaugh of my words, a lovely rom overall, stable, secure, fast.

Thanks.
Agree with all points. Can I ask you how you upgrade rom while keeping twrp and magisk?

derekn13

Jun 26, 2014
Agree with all points. Can I ask you how you upgrade rom while keeping twrp and magisk?

I don't know if this will directly help you, since I use magisk but not TWRP. To keep magisk when upgrading, I follow the instructions at https://topjohnwu.github.io/Magisk/ota.html under "Devices with A/B partitions". Basically: download and install the OTA update, but don't reboot. Instead, go into the magisk app, and use "install to inactive slot", and then reboot from there.

Dior DNA

Aug 17, 2015
First of all: the ROM works perfect for me.
Just one notice...
When I boot into recovery, first line I read after enabling adb and update apply from adb is:
E:recvmsg failed (No buffer space available)
But recovery works fine so.

Last edited:

Underphil

Jan 4, 2020
Hey all. This is a great ROM, but seems to have a showstopper that I haven't seen mentioned here yet.

For some reason when using the phone speakers to watch Youtube videos (in the app or in the browser) the volume wildly fluctuates as if there is a slow release audio compressor somehow in the signal path. I've disabled and even removed AudioFX to no avail. Not sure if it's related, but the maximum volume I can achieve with this ROM borders on insane as to how low on the slider I have to have it for normal use.

Anyone else seeing this issue and know of a possible troubleshooting angle? I'd hate to have to revert to stock because everything else about this ROM is perfect.

Reactions: Shidapu

sakun-ice

Nov 10, 2012
I'm thinking of installing this rom since oxygenOS is giving me problems, but I need to know something before I try it.
- Does it have support for 5G?
- Does it have support for vowifi/volte?
- Does it have support for widevine L1?
- Do you have DT2W?

Ahmed Kassem

Aug 19, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
I have a question regarding this ROM, VoLTE does not work on my Oneplus 8t on Oxygen OS 11 in my country. I had to use the PDC tool to edit the modem to get VoLTE to work. Will it work on Lineage OS or I have to do the PDC fix again? I wonder also if I can do the PDC fix on Lineage OS. Can anybody please confirm?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    tomorrow afternoon 3 p.m 😆
    More like few weeks after OOS12 kernel source is out.
    Yaay. The thread is back. :D
    Any update about LOS 19 ?
    Yep, everyone already has it except you. We were about to call you, but you ruined it by asking.
    There are already oos 12 firmware based roms available so I asked if LOS 19 is coming soon or not.

It appears OnePlus still has not released OOS 12 Kernel source. (<-- Github link)

See these issue links in particular:

Where are the DTS in the OOS12 kernel source?

GPL Violation: OOS12 kernel_oneplus_sm8250 sources have not been released

I linked to two of these issues, there are a ton of them actually, they are scattered across Github, across many devices. Then again across many Reddit threads. OnePlus apprently doesn't care about GPL and doesn't care about releasing the code as they are supposed to.