[ROM][OFFICIAL][kebab][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Shidapu

Nov 23, 2010
Gothenburg
Google Pixel
OnePlus 8T
Hello there! I don't have OnePlus 8T, I own Pocophone F1, however it runs offical LineageOS too, and app locker is there! But it's kind of hidden. Long press on the blank space on the home screen, then choose Home screen setting -> Hidden and Protected Apps. And voila! You can choose if you want to block or hide the app from app drawer. Let me know if you found it!
Yeah Trebuchet has that feature.
Im using Nova though.

But I found an application that suited my needs here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sp.protector.free

denisovich

Nov 9, 2020
Update 20220324 somewhat broke my SMS and Mobile Data. Things became randomly flakey and unreliable.

Reverting to 20220317 made everything nice again.

Clean install, all apps and settings the same across both ROM versions -> new ROM is not entirely reliable.

Using 11.0.13.13 KB05BA firmware.

Unfortunately I have no logcats or anything as this phone is my daily driver and I needed to get it back working properly ASAP.

Tefzors

Nov 23, 2017
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Hello everyone, I sincerely apologies for asking these questions, but using the search function on this website is awful for me.

1. Does the alert slider work?
  2. How is the fingerprint scanner performance on this?
  3. Does Warp Charging work?
  4. How's the camera quality?

I am tired of the direction OnePlus is going and I am debating to switching to Lineage OS or Pixel Experience on my 8T.

Shidapu

Nov 23, 2010
Gothenburg
Google Pixel
OnePlus 8T
Hello everyone, I sincerely apologies for asking these questions, but using the search function on this website is awful for me.

1. Does the alert slider work?
  2. How is the fingerprint scanner performance on this?
  3. Does Warp Charging work?
  4. How's the camera quality?

I am tired of the direction OnePlus is going and I am debating to switching to Lineage OS or Pixel Experience on my 8T.
1. Yes, but no visual representation when switching the slider.
2. I'd say ok, but sometimes very bad.
3. Yes I think so, very fast charging times, haven't done any performance checks myself.
4. It's OK by default, I'm using a custom camera from BSG with OnePlus8T config.

Tefzors

Nov 23, 2017
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
1. Yes, but no visual representation when switching the slider.
2. I'd say ok, but sometimes very bad.
3. Yes I think so, very fast charging times, haven't done any performance checks myself.
4. It's OK by default, I'm using a custom camera from BSG with OnePlus8T config.
Thank you for a quick response, I am definitely thinking of making a switch this week, I am preparing my phone for this.

Does GooglePay work with MagiskHide etc?

Haven't used Lineage since Lineage14, so I am curious to see what has changed!

Shidapu

Nov 23, 2010
Gothenburg
Google Pixel
OnePlus 8T
Thank you for a quick response, I am definitely thinking of making a switch this week, I am preparing my phone for this.

Does GooglePay work with MagiskHide etc?

Haven't used Lineage since Lineage14, so I am curious to see what has changed!
Yes it does. Running it with latest Magisk and all the other modules to pass safetynet. And Shamiko to hide root. Xposed also works with latest Magisk, but not many interesting modules available..

noddledizzy

Jan 31, 2019
Can the devs please fix the issue with finger print reader sometimes freezing your screen during sleep. Thus preventing you from waking up your phone.

Why am I blaming finger print? Because in my 6 months of investigating this issue, the problem only occurs when you enable finger prints.

I can confirm that this problem does not occur to me only my friend also gets this problem when he has finger prints enabled.

antil00ppi

Feb 19, 2021
Thanks to the maintainer, great job, going to use this rom as daily driver to the release of los 19.

This is first custom rom I try on 8T, there could be warning that do not try relock bootloader lol :D Costed me couple extra hours to fix that mistake by my side.

Ufos92

May 5, 2015
Personally, I sideload flash gapps and magisk without problems. Note that sideload flash of ROM goes to other inactive slot. So, next a reboot to recovery is required (as documented) to adjust (since gapps and magisk flash to active slot).
ok, so I don't need to do a lengthy patching as magisk docs suggest?

Can you elaborate a bit on the steps? Why other slot, wth?

4e3rerfe

Account currently disabled
Jul 22, 2019
Usa
meettomy.site
do you have an aptx adaptive bt device to test?
based on the latest los18, 20220331

11.png

Dior DNA

Aug 17, 2015
ok, so I don't need to do a lengthy patching as magisk docs suggest?

Can you elaborate a bit on the steps? Why other slot, wth?
What I refer to is step
6. (Optionally):
in
Installing LineageOS from recovery
from guide in OP
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/kebab/
to install optional add-ons (such as perhaps gapps and/or magisk)

It may at first sight not be clear what step 6 does and why.
Thing is: the new ROM was sideload flashed to inactive slot and the reboot to recovery switches to that slot in order to flash add-ons on top of the new ROM.
FYI: There are apps to show active slot. Recovery also shows active slot. And 'fastboot getvar all' also contains active slot in its output.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ufos92

mumplmampl

Apr 9, 2022
Hy Oneplus 8t users

i switched from pocophone f1 to oneplus 8t device........
i have installed the Jaguar recovery can i flash by sideload Lineage OS with this recovery?

Thanks

Dior DNA

Aug 17, 2015
Hy Oneplus 8t users

i switched from pocophone f1 to oneplus 8t device........
i have installed the Jaguar recovery can i flash by sideload Lineage OS with this recovery?

Thanks
Perhaps, but, the instructions for first flash simply make you sideload from LOS recovery which itself is booted from bootloader. Your recovery is circumvented in that process.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    tomorrow afternoon 3 p.m 😆
    More like few weeks after OOS12 kernel source is out.
    Yaay. The thread is back. :D
    Any update about LOS 19 ?
    Yep, everyone already has it except you. We were about to call you, but you ruined it by asking.
    There are already oos 12 firmware based roms available so I asked if LOS 19 is coming soon or not.

It appears OnePlus still has not released OOS 12 Kernel source. (<-- Github link)

See these issue links in particular:

Where are the DTS in the OOS12 kernel source?

GPL Violation: OOS12 kernel_oneplus_sm8250 sources have not been released

I linked to two of these issues, there are a ton of them actually, they are scattered across Github, across many devices. Then again across many Reddit threads. OnePlus apprently doesn't care about GPL and doesn't care about releasing the code as they are supposed to.