[ROM][OFFICIAL][kebab][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

mugna91

Jan 2, 2012
I used MindTheGapps for my LOS installation because I was unable to get OpenGapps nano or pico to install (some kind of storage check error IIRC). My device has DHS installed according to the Play Store and my app list in Settings.

I'm starting to think this is due to issues with the light sensor calibration. In DevCheck, my light sensor (STK STK2232 AMBIENT) has a reported max range of 4096.0 lx (which seems far too low), yet in direct sunlight I am recording values of almost 1000000 lx (which seems about 10-fold too high). In my apartment during the daytime with only ambient window light illuminating the room and no additional lights, I am reading >4000 lx (again about 10-fold too high I think).

This would explain the unstable adaptive brightness in low light that I was observing.

Perhaps we need to make an adjustment to a vendor config file for this sensor somewhere?
Are you sure that the correct light sensor is STK2232? Because I'm currently on OOS11 and the "STK STK2232 WAKEUP" is categorized as proximity sensor. The light sensor in DevCheck is "OnePlus Fusion Light Sensor". Maybe I'm wrong and the same sensor is used for both light and proximity?

luspi

Jul 28, 2017
(I'm on LOS 18.1)

For me DevCheck is also reporting "STK STK2232 AMBIENT" as light sensor. In my apartment with normal lighting I get values typically between 600 and 800lx, about a factor of 10 less than @cpkelley94. If I hold it directly under a (fairly bright, too bright to look into) light bulb I am able to get it up to about 50,000lx. If the sun happens to peak through the clouds again one of the next few days I might see what it reports in direct sunlight.

As proximity sensor DevCheck reports "STK STK2232 WAKEUP".

Reactions: Lz3807775t

androidnb1

Dec 11, 2021
OnePlus 8T
question for some one if they can help me i just installed lineage os on my phone yesterday with magisk and got saftynet passed so gpay work and stuff. my question is i can not get android auto working it keeps crashing any help would be great thanks

trance89

Jul 2, 2011
OnePlus 8T
question for some one if they can help me i just installed lineage os on my phone yesterday with magisk and got saftynet passed so gpay work and stuff. my question is i can not get android auto working it keeps crashing any help would be great thanks
Settings - Apps - Android Auto - Permissions - Set all to Allow
When using latest Mindthegapps package, the permissions are not set correctly after install

BeardedGears

Apr 10, 2019
Is there a thread for 19.1 op6t ? Or ask here ?

Is there a setting or would it be a bug? Plugging phone into aux poet to play music but nothing plays through the speaker, tried different cords. Other phones work also. Just not op6t

draychi

Sep 24, 2010
Jacksonville
Great system so far. My only complaint is the fingerprint unlock. It's horrible at detection. I've tried with and without a screen protector. Any ideas or fixes?

Reactions: Shidapu

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    tomorrow afternoon 3 p.m 😆
    More like few weeks after OOS12 kernel source is out.
    Yaay. The thread is back. :D
    Any update about LOS 19 ?
    Yep, everyone already has it except you. We were about to call you, but you ruined it by asking.
    There are already oos 12 firmware based roms available so I asked if LOS 19 is coming soon or not.

It appears OnePlus still has not released OOS 12 Kernel source. (<-- Github link)

See these issue links in particular:

Where are the DTS in the OOS12 kernel source?

GPL Violation: OOS12 kernel_oneplus_sm8250 sources have not been released

I linked to two of these issues, there are a ton of them actually, they are scattered across Github, across many devices. Then again across many Reddit threads. OnePlus apprently doesn't care about GPL and doesn't care about releasing the code as they are supposed to.