OnePlus 8T

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220710-014042389.jpg
    Screenshot_20220710-014042389.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 69

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
Maybe try Open Camera to pin the flaw down to the camera app rather than hardware? Hardware seems unlikely, but if Open Camera works then it proves the problem source and also gives you a working camera at least temporarily.

Shmi117

Aug 24, 2012
Google Pixel 2
Xiaomi Poco F3
The night light is way too strong even on the lowest setting when on any other color profile other than saturated.

Consequently it makes using fingerprint biometrics impossible whenever night light is active.

Thanks for the maintaining crDroid for OP8T!

Last edited:

merdok

Aug 26, 2010
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8T
I have still not been able to update to 8.6. The updater is still responding with verification failed when download from within the Updater app. I have attempted to download and move the file to the phone to use the local update option, but I receive an error "Failed to import local update". I am currently on 8.5

zelect0r

Feb 16, 2015
OnePlus 8T
The updater can't update your system. Read post #1, ATM you can only update via cable with adb sideload in Los recovery. But I bet you have already read that :D

merdok

Aug 26, 2010
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 8T
Maybe try Open Camera to pin the flaw down to the camera app rather than hardware? Hardware seems unlikely, but if Open Camera works then it proves the problem source and also gives you a working camera at least temporarily.
I have also notice that going to 8.6 the 48mp camera force closes. I installed this open camera to test and the max resolution that it is allowing for is 12mp. I dont know this application but have tried in both camera API original and camera2 with the same options.

From the OP Camera I did record the log of the app crashing.

Attachments

• 48mp-camera-crash-logcat.txt
    53.6 KB · Views: 3

TanakaX5

Dec 17, 2015
Nothing Phone 1
Hey there,

Anyone faces abnormal heating in this rom? My device gets up to 50 degrees while scrolling the web. Doesn't matter which browser.

Clean flashed btw.

Greetings,

T

zelect0r

Feb 16, 2015
OnePlus 8T
A new update is available.

crDroidAndroid-12.1-20220728-kebab-v8.7

I have also notice that going to 8.6 the 48mp camera force closes. I installed this open camera to test and the max resolution that it is allowing for is 12mp. I dont know this application but have tried in both camera API original and camera2 with the same options.

From the OP Camera I did record the log of the app crashing.
Yeah, and at the macro lens.
And it stucks on wide angle shots.

Last edited:

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
I have two questions I hope someone can answer.
1) There appear to be 4 cameras, but only the left middle one appears to do anything regardless of the function I choose - i.e. the 2x zoom, portrait, video, everything goes through the centre camera, and all the others are not used. Is this the ROM, or is it normal, or am I missing something? I don't see any FC, and the centre camera seems to work fine for everything.
Edit: I just tried GCam port and it's the same - only thr centre camera works.
Edit Open Camera the same. Max resolution is 12MP.
Also (I don't use the camera much) I discovered the 48MP option, which does immediately FC for me. So it looks as if I'm stuck with the standard 12MP camera.

2) In discussions in the OrangeFox recovery thread (below) the dev reckons that crDroid 8.7 is based on OOS11. Is this correct, and if so are there any plans to switch to an OOS12 base?

Last edited:

Mazoch

May 6, 2018
I do not recommend this rom. Problems with screen flashing while unlocking. In addition, the camera works badly, has terrible autofocus problems. A much better choice is HavocOS on android 11, it works very stable. The author of CrDroid should think about whether he really knows what he is doing.

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
Nice comment. Perhaps you could try a bit of positivity rather than posting stuff like this. Don't like it? Move on. No need to be so destructively unpleasant.

Reactions: zelect0r

zelect0r

Feb 16, 2015
OnePlus 8T
I have two questions I hope someone can answer.
1) There appear to be 4 cameras, but only the left middle one appears to do anything regardless of the function I choose - i.e. the 2x zoom, portrait, video, everything goes through the centre camera, and all the others are not used. Is this the ROM, or is it normal, or am I missing something? I don't see any FC, and the centre camera seems to work fine for everything.
Edit: I just tried GCam port and it's the same - only thr centre camera works.
Edit Open Camera the same. Max resolution is 12MP.
Also (I don't use the camera much) I discovered the 48MP option, which does immediately FC for me. So it looks as if I'm stuck with the standard 12MP camera.

2) In discussions in the OrangeFox recovery thread (below) the dev reckons that crDroid 8.7 is based on OOS11. Is this correct, and if so are there any plans to switch to an OOS12 base?

I have tried this cam, open cam and some gcams with configs.
All use the same lens, no macro lens, no 48mp and other stuff.
That's the thing you must live with when you are using a custom ROM, that's my experience on all my old devices.
I never used a stock firmware in my life.

Reactions: dahawthorne

zelect0r

Feb 16, 2015
OnePlus 8T
I do not recommend this rom. Problems with screen flashing while unlocking. In addition, the camera works badly, has terrible autofocus problems. A much better choice is HavocOS on android 11, it works very stable. The author of CrDroid should think about whether he really knows what he is doing.
Use a black wallpaper for the lockscreen.
The ROM works very stable, it's my daily driver and 8.7 was a big update.
And we can be glad that we've found a new dev for our favorite ROM.
The cam on a custom ROM is secondary, look my answer to @dahawthorne . There are people they using some gcams on stock for some scenarios, because it's better as the stock cam.
You have to weigh what is more important to you. Personally, I prefer to be free on my device and can make compromises.
We wanna get freedom on our devices to get out of the bloat jungle of big tech.
And it's a bad idea to join a project and disrespect it, you don't like it? No problem, feel free and join another one.
And any day when you create your own project that's better than crdroid, so let it me know, maybe i will try it, but when not i join your thread and give some hate, it's probably useful :D
Maybe it's better you go back to stock ROM,
but I'll never leave crdroid for havokos.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Reactions: dahawthorne

Top Liked Posts