ROM[OFFICIAL][kebab][12.1]**crDroid**[V8.4]

Search This thread

dahawthorne

Nov 15, 2014
Brighton
I heard you the first time... :)
Just out of curiosity, if you don't sign into your Google account, what can any installed Gapps report, and to whom? Genuine question - I don't know. It would seem to me that just having the apps installed but with no identifying account then you remain anonymous, no? Or at least as anonymous as anybody can be these days...

santa leone

Nov 12, 2016
HEIDELBERG
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6
If you use Hildo`s recovery.img, there is no Google query during installation.
You install the build with "adb sideload" and restart the recovery. Now you can sideload the Nik Core Gapps with adb.
After the restart the image is executable. No one needs to verify or create a Google account. Everyone can do as they want!

Last edited:

santa leone

Nov 12, 2016
HEIDELBERG
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6
You're welcome to be afraid of Google. But missing security updates are the bigger problem! Then the programming is sloppy and every app gets an update at some point.
Suicide may be the answer.
But panic is not a solution.
Yes, why did you only see me now? Because so far I've only been on the road with Apple, Oneplus 3, 3T, 5 and 7T. But what does that mean? I haven't seen you either. Since I don't know most of the world's population, it's not worth mentioning to me.
Yes, and now someone gave me an 8T. And Hildo`s CRDroid convinced me!

chomsky55

Sep 21, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S7
OnePlus 5T
I heard you the first time... :)
Just out of curiosity, if you don't sign into your Google account, what can any installed Gapps report, and to whom? Genuine question - I don't know. It would seem to me that just having the apps installed but with no identifying account then you remain anonymous, no? Or at least as anonymous as anybody can be these days...
Well if you don't sign in google will constantly annoy you to do so. Also gapps is proprietary software so you can't tell what it does.

Reactions: dahawthorne

chomsky55

Sep 21, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S7
OnePlus 5T
You're welcome to be afraid of Google. But missing security updates are the bigger problem! Then the programming is sloppy and every app gets an update at some point.
Suicide may be the answer.
But panic is not a solution.
Yes, why did you only see me now? Because so far I've only been on the road with Apple, Oneplus 3, 3T, 5 and 7T. But what does that mean? I haven't seen you either. Since I don't know most of the world's population, it's not worth mentioning to me.
Yes, and now someone gave me an 8T. And Hildo`s CRDroid convinced me!
Suicide? WTF are you yapping about. If you don't care that google follows your every move online as in the real world then good for you. As far as I know the security updates are being implemented with the ROM update.

santa leone

Nov 12, 2016
HEIDELBERG
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 6
I haven't mentioned a word that I prefer Google. I was just saying that there is more dangerous software than Google Apps.
I only tested Hildo's 8.4 with Google. Micro-G will probably work too. But there was no request. It was all about the runnability of the build. I gave answers to that. I don't want to convince anyone of my opinion. From two of my sentences you deduce my opinion/conviction. My installations are fully on the Kuketz line. Spartan, safe and fast.
And in my vocabulary there is no WTF!

1651866183485.png
Je suis Charlie

Last edited:

chomsky55

Sep 21, 2020
Samsung Galaxy S7
OnePlus 5T
I haven't mentioned a word that I prefer Google. I was just saying that there is more dangerous software than Google Apps.
I only tested Hildo's 8.4 with Google. Micro-G will probably work too. But there was no request. It was all about the runnability of the build. I gave answers to that. I don't want to convince anyone of my opinion. From two of my sentences you deduce my opinion/conviction. My installations are fully on the Kuketz line. Spartan, safe and fast.
And in my vocabulary there is no WTF!

View attachment 5607961
Then don't mention bs like suicide and panic, so hell yeah WTF! All I said was that this update resulted in a bootloop for me and if there was a possibility to resolve it without data loss.
Was du da macht is nicht richtig.

lawwd_have_merci

Mar 12, 2016
OnePlus 8T
titanium backup wont run, is it working for anyone else?

and has anyone tried flashing a oos12 firmware? have u been successful? coz moment i install the latest (OOS12, not 11) firmware from OTA, i cant flash any recovery anymore

can someone help?

Wishmasterflo

Nov 21, 2018
Stockholm
OnePlus 8T
titanium backup wont run, is it working for anyone else?

and has anyone tried flashing a oos12 firmware? have u been successful? coz moment i install the latest (OOS12, not 11) firmware from OTA, i cant flash any recovery anymore

can someone help?
You can not flash that on top of OOS12.
There is no recovery (yet) which is working with OOS12.
You need to flash the latest OOS11 Firmware on both slots, and then go ahead and flash recovery and the ROM.

lawwd_have_merci

Mar 12, 2016
OnePlus 8T
You can not flash that on top of OOS12.
There is no recovery (yet) which is working with OOS12.
You need to flash the latest OOS11 Firmware on both slots, and then go ahead and flash recovery and the ROM.

ive seen tat post, im running it that way as we speak but i cant seem to be able to use any recovery to decrypt, why is that? it was fine on crdroid 7, and i havent been in the scene since op5t so this partition a/b thing is all alien to me :/

Top Liked Posts