[ROM][OFFICIAL][kebab][12] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

Vipe838

Dec 16, 2015
HTC One V
Moto X 2014
USB Type C to 3.5 mm Adapter CX31993 does not support hot plugging and must be reboot to recognize.

Device: KB2000
Firmware version: KB2005_11.C.33_1330_20220731
LineageOS version: 20220915

I've had the same problem after installing LineageOS.
My phone would for some reason mirror the expected behavior after plugging in the adapter at times.
It would output audio through the speakers after I plugged in my adapter. And after unplugging the adapter it would somehow try to output audio through a now non existing audio connection. It would be stuk not using the speakers until I reconnected the adapter or rebooted the phone. Rebooting the phone with the adapter connected would fix the problem when it happened.

I tried to get a log when it happened so that I could file a bug report.
But before I could it stopped happening.
No idea what fixed it for me since I didn't do anything to try and fix it.

Note: I use a passive 3.5mm adapter (without a DAC).
Instead of one with a DAC like the CX31993.

Device: KB2003 (EU)
Firmware version: KB2003 C.33
Experienced the problem in the following versions:
20220825 and 20220901
It disappeared while using 20220901.

Edit: added device info.

clevebb

Jan 31, 2013
After using LOS 19 for a month with a dirty flash I finally did a clean install as an attempt to get screen brightness working better, sadly it didn't. Did this get worse with the firmware upgrade or is the issue in LineageOS? According to a few apps installed I have no ambient light sensor. Is anyone else successfully using the light sensor for anything on any other A12 ROMS or with LOS 19?

Nixsuki

Jul 25, 2016
Pasig City
OnePlus 8T
USB Type C to 3.5 mm Adapter CX31993 does not support hot plugging and must be reboot to recognize.

Device: KB2000
Firmware version: KB2005_11.C.33_1330_20220731
LineageOS version: 20220

I've had the same problem after installing LineageOS.
My phone would for some reason mirror the expected behavior after plugging in the adapter at times.
It would output audio through the speakers after I plugged in my adapter. And after unplugging the adapter it would somehow try to output audio through a now non existing audio connection. It would be stuk not using the speakers until I reconnected the adapter or rebooted the phone. Rebooting the phone with the adapter connected would fix the problem when it happened.

I tried to get a log when it happened so that I could file a bug report.
But before I could it stopped happening.
No idea what fixed it for me since I didn't do anything to try and fix it.

Note: I use a passive 3.5mm adapter (without a DAC).
Instead of one with a DAC like the CX31993.

Device: KB2003 (EU)
Firmware version: KB2003 C.33
Experienced the problem in the following versions:
20220825 and 20220901
It disappeared while using 20220901.

Edit: added device info.
No issue, No workaround, feels like I'm using HiFi DAC device,
Im using Ventures Electronics "Avani" DAC Chip: Realtek ALC5686, PCM 32bit – 384kHz, DNR: -110db, Power: 1 Vrms, USB Type-C Male, 3.5mm SE

Device: KB2000 (CN)
Firmware version: KB2005 C.33 both slots
LineageOS version: 19-20220915-NIGHTLY-kebab

trance89

Jul 2, 2011
OnePlus 8T
After using LOS 19 for a month with a dirty flash I finally did a clean install as an attempt to get screen brightness working better, sadly it didn't. Did this get worse with the firmware upgrade or is the issue in LineageOS? According to a few apps installed I have no ambient light sensor. Is anyone else successfully using the light sensor for anything on any other A12 ROMS or with LOS 19?
Auto brightness is about the same as it was on 18.1, a bit slower and sometimes too aggressive compared to stock OOS

Reactions: Brasscat82

ewong3

May 28, 2015
Im using Ventures Electronics "Avani" DAC Chip: Realtek ALC5686, PCM 32bit – 384kHz, DNR: -110db, Power: 1 Vrms, USB Type-C Male, 3.5mm SE

out of interest, how does the op8t inbuilt dac compare to your gear? somewhere someone said that the modern phones' inbuilt dacs are so advanced that they beat most older dedicated dacs?

RawSlugs

Oct 12, 2014
Essential Phone
OnePlus 8T
While I recommend using LineageOS recovery. (For official support)
If you don't want your recovery to be overwritten goto:
Updater -> 3 dot menu -> Preferences and disable "Update recovery".

For me Magisk survived without problems.
I installed it right after GApps by sideloading Magisk as a .zip. (The .apk renamed to .zip)
This installs an addon.d file into the system directory like GApps that restores Magisk during the update.
Not sure if this can be done after first boot.

Alternative method you can use to keep Magisk after update is the following.
I haven't personally tried this way with LineageOS but it should work.
I dit use this to keep with Magisk after OOS updates before.
1. Start the LineageOS update in the updater.
2. Wait till it's done and asks for reboot. (don't click reboot!)
3. Open Magisk app.
4. Click Install. (Magisk)
5. Select "Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA)".
6. Wait for Magisk install to finish and reboot.
Note: This is only for when you are updating and requires you to already be rooted with Magisk.

Edit: added the note above.
Won't let me disable lineage recovery updates

Attachments

• IMG_20220923_085739.jpg
    IMG_20220923_085739.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 82

temp567

Nov 1, 2020
since i upgraded to KB2005 C.33 firmware and latest lineageos 19 it seems im not getting 5G cell connectivity in places where i had 5G before.

anyone else notice the same?

im configured for 5G and radio band set to USA, but only seem to get LTE or LTE+

🤔

Screenshot_20220823-160147_AICP Launcher~2.png
Screenshot_20220923-110502_Trebuchet~2.png
Screenshot_20220923-110620_Trebuchet.png

fiepi

Sep 16, 2016
www.fiepi.com
OnePlus 8T

I purchased an ALC5686 today and still need to reboot to recognize it

RobotPhone

May 27, 2016
I'm currently on stock rooted KB2005 with OOS11.0.11.11.KB05AA. Planning to payload dump the KB2007_11_C.41 OOS image posted a few pages back and get on LOS19.

Question is, when should I apply the FW updates? (i.e. before flashing recovery? after flashing rom?)

rocketda7331

Apr 4, 2018
OnePlus 8T
how is it that unlocked bootloader warning(during boot) is gone on los19(it was there in 18.1) but when I search how to achieve that it is said it's practically impossible. not complaining cause it is definitely a plus, just curious

Ixioon

Jan 9, 2019
Succes for me it was notvery clear steps that where followed :
Devices KB2003 with lineage os 18.1 and android 11
-Upgrade to android 12 following the link in the wiki
-Flash dtbo and vbmeta img
-Flash recovery lineage of 19.1
-Boot into recovery from the fastboot menue where i was stuck
-and then follow link in the wiki adb reboot sideload -> adb sideload lineageos zip
- reboot to recovery -> advanced -> apply update -> from adb -> adb sideload mind the gapps
- reboot to recovery -> same step adb sideload magisk.zip (its magisk.apk that you need to rename on zip)
and the boot to system.

Issue :
can't add fingerprint it's grayed out and can't delete the last one i had
edit2: after reboot it work lol

@LuK1337 Maybe you should add on the wiki the steps to flash dtbo vbmeta and recovery because after finishing the steps https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/kebab/fw_update it's disturbing be stuck in fastboot
inside the upgrade section to 19.1 or update firmware section because if we follow the order of the link we never see that we need to do this steps thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: 21prods

temp567

Nov 1, 2020
is there a setting to show battery charging details? i think in lineageos 18 when charging it would show the volts, amperage, time to full charge, percentage, dash, fast, slow charging, etc.

this info was very useful as certain chargers claim to be fast chargers, when they are not per the volt, and amperage readings.

perhaps i am over looking a setting somewhere.

🤔

saaib0rg

Jul 5, 2022
Hi all, can someone confirm if the following is working in this (current) ROM please?: (OnePlus 8T KB2003 variant)

* BANKING APPS + SAFETYNET

* FAST CHARGING

* ANDROID AUTO

* ALERT SLIDER

* FINGERPRINT SCANNER

* DRM L1 (Netflix HD etc.)

* CALL RECORDING

* CAMERA 48mp / ZOOM / OIS / SLOW-MO

* HDR

* VOLTE

Thanks a lot!

21prods

Sep 2, 2013
Though I'm still on LOS 18.1+ih8sn I can confirm almost everything works perfect. The only issue would be regarding the camera.
I imagine that everything will work as well or even better with LOS 19 (I expect to update my phone FW in the coming days).
Hope you find this useful.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread lightly cleaned.

A friendly reminder to all. Please keep argumentative discussions relegated to PM's when possible out of respect for the Developer. Thank you.

-Regards: Badger50
    I was in the latest Version plus microg and i couldnt find the faceunlock. Am i to stupid or is IT missing or does it depend on the gapps destribution. If yes which gapps include faceunlock?

Thanks in adavance
    Right now i am using microG. Before i had no gapps at all but had the same problem. Firmware is from the latest OOS.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Sry am now on Android 13 Evolution X 😎
    don't care didn't ask
    At this point you are just brainless. Period.
    Sometimes people just make silly mistakes / assumptions like one here https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-official-kebab-12-lineageos-19.4484387/post-87374925 :)
    Thank you for making this. Lineageos's been a blessing ever since the oxygenos became what it is now.

I want to migrate from another rom and wanted to ask if lineageos 19 uses oos12 or oos11 firmware.
    I believe you can find the answer for that in the installation instructions.
    Thread lightly cleaned.

A friendly reminder to all. Please keep argumentative discussions relegated to PM's when possible out of respect for the Developer. Thank you.

-Regards: Badger50