[ROM][OFFICIAL][kirin][10] LineageOS 17.1

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Boot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build
  • Boot to recovery again
  • Flash gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
 restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][OFFICIAL][kirin][10] LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Sony Xperia 10

Contributors
LuK1337
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile

Version Information

Created 2020-02-16
Last Updated 2020-04-01

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Hello! So I tried to install a custom rom called Lineage OS, version 17.1 unofficial for my SOny Xperia 10 through TWRP custom recovery. I then tried installing the GApps and then rebooted the system. Then it came up with a prompt saying that the OS was corrupted and then to factory reset it. I did just that, and then LineageOS booted up just fine. However no Google Apps could be seen. I then tried to boot in to TWRP custom recovery, however it came up with the LineageOS recovery instead. I then tried to flash TWRP and managed to get it up and running, but when I rebnooted the phone, it just brought me in a boot loop.

I tried for hours to fix it and the I finally managed to flash TWRP again, however all of my save files were gone. I then tried to flash the Stock ROM for the Xperia 10 to the "system" folder and then my device powered off. I tried to power it on again and then it came up with a prompt saying "Your device is corrupt. It can't be trusted and will not boot. Powering off in 5 sec.". I got really freaked out at this point and did not know what to do. I know that I am an idiot for doing this, but if there is any fix at all for this that anybody can tell me, then I would be very thankful.
If you join irc I may be able to help you:
https://kiwiirc.com/nextclient/irc.freenode.net?channel=#titandev

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Has somebody tried this on I3113?
Are all components working fine?
Considering this thread is pretty much dead, you may as well just go for it. It /should/ be fine, just make sure to /format data/ instead of wiping it and don't install /twrp app/. If you notice something broken, let me know about it and I'll probably try to fix it.

thesandroid

Mar 2, 2020
Ancona
Considering this thread is pretty much dead, you may as well just go for it. It /should/ be fine, just make sure to /format data/ instead of wiping it and don't install /twrp app/. If you notice something broken, let me know about it and I'll probably try to fix it.
Hi, I am using it on a i4113; it seem to work fine - and appreciate this work, htanks Luk1337 :) - I found two strange behavior (not too critical):
- When the phone is shut down and plug it to charge, it power ON normally instead to keep it on charge only
- Connecting to my car via Bluetooth, I don't see operator and signal strenght... but phone calls, messages, phonebook and call log work fine...

Thanks in advance!

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Hi, I am using it on a i4113; it seem to work fine - and appreciate this work, htanks Luk1337 :) - I found two strange behavior (not too critical):
- When the phone is shut down and plug it to charge, it power ON normally instead to keep it on charge only
- Connecting to my car via Bluetooth, I don't see operator and signal strenght... but phone calls, messages, phonebook and call log work fine...

Thanks in advance!
>When the phone is shut down and plug it to charge, it power ON normally instead to keep it on charge only
I have a fix for that, I'll release build with it soon (TM).

>Connecting to my car via Bluetooth, I don't see operator and signal strenght... but phone calls, messages, phonebook and call log work fine...
Theoretically SAP is already enabled so I have no idea why it wouldn't work. I'm not going to bother investigating further as this isn't really that important ( and I don't have hardware needed to reproduce this anyway ).

Last edited:

thesandroid

Mar 2, 2020
Ancona
>When the phone is shut down and plug it to charge, it power ON normally instead to keep it on charge only
I have a fix for that, I'll release build with it soon (TM).

>Connecting to my car via Bluetooth, I don't see operator and signal strenght... but phone calls, messages, phonebook and call log work fine...
Theoretically SAP is already enabled so I have no idea why it wouldn't work. I'm not going to bother investigating further as this isn't really that important ( and I don't have hardware needed to reproduce this anyway ).
Got that fix, now charging works fine... Great!!

About Bluetooth issue, I can confirm it's not due to SAP profile, it's enabled; here is what I found more:
Using one SIM only it seem to show SIM2 status:
- if SIM is in SIM1 slot, it shows No signal / Emergency calls only as I alreaedy mentioned
- if SIM is in SIM2 slot, it shows operator and signal strength
Using two SIM, it shows operator and signal strength of the SIM selected for calls.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Got that fix, now charging works fine... Great!!

About Bluetooth issue, I can confirm it's not due to SAP profile, it's enabled; here is what I found more:
Using one SIM only it seem to show SIM2 status:
- if SIM is in SIM1 slot, it shows No signal / Emergency calls only as I alreaedy mentioned
- if SIM is in SIM2 slot, it shows operator and signal strength
Using two SIM, it shows operator and signal strength of the SIM selected for calls.
Yeah that doesn't sound fun. Not going to bother.

On a sidenote, next build will fix Netflix Widevine L1.

Last edited:

zzz00072

Mar 8, 2020
Worked perfectly in my I4193. By the way, how do I build the zip via github source code or if there is any document about how to build? I found there is no lineage_kirin-eng in the LineageOS github repository. Here is my command to retrieve Lineage OS.

repo init -u git://github.com/LineageOS/android.git -b lineage-17.1

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Worked perfectly in my I4193. By the way, how do I build the zip via github source code or if there is any document about how to build? I found there is no lineage_kirin-eng in the LineageOS github repository. Here is my command to retrieve Lineage OS.

repo init -u git://github.com/LineageOS/android.git -b lineage-17.1

Thank you very much.
You build it exactly the same you'd be building an official device.

zzz00072

Mar 8, 2020
Dear Sir,
The problem is that I can not find lineage_kirin-eng combo in Lunch menu. Is there there anything I missed? Last time I built Android was years ago.

Here is what I saw after start lunch

You're building on Linux

Lunch menu... pick a combo:
1. aosp_arm-eng
2. aosp_arm64-eng
3. aosp_car_arm-userdebug
4. aosp_car_arm64-userdebug
5. aosp_car_x86-userdebug
6. aosp_car_x86_64-userdebug
7. aosp_x86-eng
8. aosp_x86_64-eng
9. car_x86_64-userdebug
10. lineage_arm-userdebug
11. lineage_arm64-userdebug
12. lineage_x86-userdebug
13. lineage_x86_64-userdebug
14. m_e_arm-userdebug
15. mini_emulator_arm64-userdebug
16. mini_emulator_x86-userdebug
17. mini_emulator_x86_64-userdebug
18. qemu_trusty_arm64-userdebug
19. uml-userdebug

Which would you like? [aosp_arm-eng]
You build it exactly the same you'd be building an official device.

Last edited:

zzz00072

Mar 8, 2020
After running breakfast kirin
There are some error message displayed below:

build/target/product/verity.mk:28: error: _nic.PRODUCTS.[[device/sony/kirin/lineage_kirin.mk]]: "vendor/sony/nile-common/nile-common-vendor.mk" does not exist.

Dear Sir,
The problem is that I can not find lineage_kirin-eng combo in Lunch menu. Is there there anything I missed? Last time I built Android was years ago.

Here is what I saw after start lunch

You're building on Linux

Lunch menu... pick a combo:
1. aosp_arm-eng
2. aosp_arm64-eng
3. aosp_car_arm-userdebug
4. aosp_car_arm64-userdebug
5. aosp_car_x86-userdebug
6. aosp_car_x86_64-userdebug
7. aosp_x86-eng
8. aosp_x86_64-eng
9. car_x86_64-userdebug
10. lineage_arm-userdebug
11. lineage_arm64-userdebug
12. lineage_x86-userdebug
13. lineage_x86_64-userdebug
14. m_e_arm-userdebug
15. mini_emulator_arm64-userdebug
16. mini_emulator_x86-userdebug
17. mini_emulator_x86_64-userdebug
18. qemu_trusty_arm64-userdebug
19. uml-userdebug

Which would you like? [aosp_arm-eng]

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
After running breakfast kirin
There are some error message displayed below:

build/target/product/verity.mk:28: error: _nic.PRODUCTS.[[device/sony/kirin/lineage_kirin.mk]]: "vendor/sony/nile-common/nile-common-vendor.mk" does not exist.
hint: themuppets.

Reactions: .:B:.

zzz00072

Mar 8, 2020
Dear Sir,
After
Code:
cd vendor && git clone https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_sony.git sony
The build system failed on building kernel as shown below. Can I know where can I get the proper kernel source? Thanks very much!

Code:
PRODUCT_SOONG_NAMESPACES=vendor/sony/kirin vendor/sony/nile-common device/sony/nile-common hardware/qcom-caf/msm8998
============================================
out/soong/Android-lineage_kirin.mk was modified, regenerating...
[ 99% 516/517] finishing build rules ...
vendor/lineage/build/tasks/kernel.mk:109: warning: ***************************************************************
vendor/lineage/build/tasks/kernel.mk:110: warning: * Using prebuilt kernel binary instead of source              *
vendor/lineage/build/tasks/kernel.mk:111: warning: * THIS IS DEPRECATED, AND WILL BE DISCONTINUED                *
vendor/lineage/build/tasks/kernel.mk:112: warning: * Please configure your device to download the kernel         *
vendor/lineage/build/tasks/kernel.mk:113: warning: * source repository to kernel/sony/sdm660
vendor/lineage/build/tasks/kernel.mk:114: warning: * for more information                                        *
vendor/lineage/build/tasks/kernel.mk:115: warning: ***************************************************************
FAILED: ninja: 'out/target/product/kirin/kernel', needed by 'out/target/product/kirin/boot.img', missing and no known rule to make it
23:16:16 ninja failed with: exit status 1

#### failed to build some targets (02:54 (mm:ss)) ####
hint: themuppets.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Dear Sir,
After
Code:
cd vendor && git clone https://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_sony.git sony
The build system failed on building kernel as shown below. Can I know where can I get the proper kernel source? Thanks very much!

Code:
PRODUCT_SOONG_NAMESPACES=vendor/sony/kirin vendor/sony/nile-common device/sony/nile-common hardware/qcom-caf/msm8998
============================================
out/soong/Android-lineage_kirin.mk was modified, regenerating...
[ 99% 516/517] finishing build rules ...
vendor/lineage/build/tasks/kernel.mk:109: warning: ***************************************************************
vendor/lineage/build/tasks/kernel.mk:110: warning: * Using prebuilt kernel binary instead of source              *
vendor/lineage/build/tasks/kernel.mk:111: warning: * THIS IS DEPRECATED, AND WILL BE DISCONTINUED                *
vendor/lineage/build/tasks/kernel.mk:112: warning: * Please configure your device to download the kernel         *
vendor/lineage/build/tasks/kernel.mk:113: warning: * source repository to kernel/sony/sdm660
vendor/lineage/build/tasks/kernel.mk:114: warning: * for more information                                        *
vendor/lineage/build/tasks/kernel.mk:115: warning: ***************************************************************
FAILED: ninja: 'out/target/product/kirin/kernel', needed by 'out/target/product/kirin/boot.img', missing and no known rule to make it
23:16:16 ninja failed with: exit status 1

#### failed to build some targets (02:54 (mm:ss)) ####
Yikes, you're doing so much stupid stuff...
Msg me on irc if you want it done anytime soon.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone