• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][kirin][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Last edited:

diyod

Dec 30, 2013
Paris
Thanks for the ROM!

Just installed the 20201003 build and it flawlessly so far.

Just a quick question, I can't seem to delete the search widget in the default launcher (quickstep), are there any way to delete it?
Also there are no "Advanced restart" option anymore, is there a way to have a reboot to recovery/bootloader entry in the new Android 11 power menu?

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
Thanks for the ROM!

Just installed the 20201003 build and it flawlessly so far.

Just a quick question, I can't seem to delete the search widget in the default launcher (quickstep), are there any way to delete it?
Also there are no "Advanced restart" option anymore, is there a way to have a reboot to recovery/bootloader entry in the new Android 11 power menu?

>Just a quick question, I can't seem to delete the search widget in the default launcher (quickstep), are there any way to delete it?
Launcher customizations aren't brought up yet thus search bar is stuck there for time being.

>Also there are no "Advanced restart" option anymore, is there a way to have a reboot to recovery/bootloader entry in the new Android 11 power menu?
Power menu additions aren't brought up either.

drater2

Nov 22, 2018
Sony Xperia XZ Premium
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's not working :
  • WFD
Instructions :
  • Download the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Flash the latest build and gapps
  • Reboot
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][kirin][11] LineageOS 18.0, ROM for the Sony Xperia 10

Contributors
LuK1337
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Windows 8 Mobile
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-09-28
Last Updated 2020-09-28

Hello. Does the rom have signiture spoofing?

dian1994

Oct 17, 2020
Sofia
diandimitrov.com
Gapps Not working

LineageOS version: 18.0
LineageOS Download url: First one I can`t submit the post with the link, this is the version: lineage-18.0-20201016_012612-UNOFFICIAL-kirin.zip
Gapps version: Here is where the issue occurs. None of the Gapps found here, and in first pages in Google by searching "Lineage OS 18 gapps" or either "Android 11 gapps" ever worked on Lineage OS 18.

I flashed with TWRP (I tried also with the Lineage OS recovery but I know that Gapps are not signed and return error from there) Immediately after a clean installation of Lineage OS 18 and wipe, All Open Gapps versions found, BitApps, NikApps and others came with error code 20, error code 70 (I tried with resizing the partition, switching slots, did not work) or fatal error. I managed to flash some of them successfully but they never showed up after turning on the phone.

Everything else except Gapps working as expected until now.

The same kernel is used as for Lineage OS 17.1 that was previously used with a working OpenGapps flash.

The phone version is Xperia 10 I4113, no modifications were made, just Unlocked bootloader, TWRP recovery, Flashed Lineage OS 18 and Flashed all versions of Gapps with no success.

In case you`ve tested and got Gapps successfully after installing the rom share this version with us so we can flash it and use the ROM for daily routines by continue testing.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
LineageOS version: 18.0
LineageOS Download url: First one I can`t submit the post with the link, this is the version: lineage-18.0-20201016_012612-UNOFFICIAL-kirin.zip
Gapps version: Here is where the issue occurs. None of the Gapps found here, and in first pages in Google by searching "Lineage OS 18 gapps" or either "Android 11 gapps" ever worked on Lineage OS 18.

I flashed with TWRP (I tried also with the Lineage OS recovery but I know that Gapps are not signed and return error from there) Immediately after a clean installation of Lineage OS 18 and wipe, All Open Gapps versions found, BitApps, NikApps and others came with error code 20, error code 70 (I tried with resizing the partition, switching slots, did not work) or fatal error. I managed to flash some of them successfully but they never showed up after turning on the phone.

Everything else except Gapps working as expected until now.

The same kernel is used as for Lineage OS 17.1 that was previously used with a working OpenGapps flash.

The phone version is Xperia 10 I4113, no modifications were made, just Unlocked bootloader, TWRP recovery, Flashed Lineage OS 18 and Flashed all versions of Gapps with no success.

In case you`ve tested and got Gapps successfully after installing the rom share this version with us so we can flash it and use the ROM for daily routines by continue testing.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Did you actually reboot recovery between installing rom and gapps?

dian1994

Oct 17, 2020
Sofia
diandimitrov.com
Did you actually reboot recovery between installing rom and gapps?

Yes, I did that multiple times during all night long with many different Gapps versions and reboots of the recovery between ROM flashing and Gapps.

If it is possible to provide a Download URL with Gapps version that has been tested on your end by this way after ROM flashes and it works that will be highly appreciated.

I`ve switched back in 17.1 twice by installing Gapps without issues.

I am currently using the ROM without Gapps so I can wipe and trigger a new flash of Gapps from the recovery, but none of the versions I already tried ever showing up or complete installation.

Thank you for your time and support.

Last edited:

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
Yes, I did that multiple times during all night long with many different Gapps versions and reboots of the recovery between ROM flashing and Gapps.

If it is possible to provide a Download URL with Gapps version that has been tested on your end by this way after ROM flashes and it works that will be highly appreciated.

I`ve switched back in 17.1 twice by installing Gapps without issues.

I am currently using the ROM without Gapps so I can wipe and trigger a new flash of Gapps from the recovery, but none of the versions I already tried ever showing up or complete installation.

Thank you for your time and support.

You tried fastboot booting twrp and installing gapps there?

dian1994

Oct 17, 2020
Sofia
diandimitrov.com
You tried fastboot booting twrp and installing gapps there?

Yes, exactly I am using adb to flash the ROM first, then flash TWRP recovery via fastboot and then flashing gapps via adb from TWRP recovery again by repeating this order in every gapps version which does not take effect or return error 20 or error 70 (open gapps) and fatal error for NikApps.

If it is important I am using MacOS, but we tried from Windows ADB once without much of success.

Last edited:

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
Yes, exactly I am using adb to flash the ROM first, then flash TWRP recovery via fastboot and then flashing gapps via adb from TWRP recovery again by repeating this order in every gapps version which does not take effect or return error 20 or error 70 (open gapps) and fatal error for NikApps.

If it is important I am using MacOS, but we tried from Windows ADB once without much of success.

What fatal error are you getting on nikgapps?

Last edited:

dian1994

Oct 17, 2020
Sofia
diandimitrov.com
What fatal error are you getting on nikgapps?

Currently I can not remember if BitApps version or NikApps returned the error, but the error said that this version is not compatible and the flash just stopped with general error in TWRP recovery log. One of them returned the error, the other one has completed but nothing has showed up after booting to the OS.

I am in the office right now and did not get the cable but if you have suggestions on specific versions of gapps that you think are working, I will try to flash each one by following your instructions tomorrow night after work and provide you with feedback of screenshot of TWRP recovery log for every single gapps package.

If there is a version which you know that can go thru the security signing check from Lineage recovery I can try to flash it from the sdcard right away.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
Currently I can not remember if BitApps version or NikApps returned the error, but the error said that this version is not compatible and the flash just stopped with general error in TWRP recovery log. One of them returned the error, the other one has completed but nothing has showed up after booting to the OS.

I am in the office right now and did not get the cable but if you have suggestions on specific versions of gapps that you think are working, I will try to flash each one by following your instructions tomorrow night after work and provide you with feedback of screenshot of TWRP recovery log for every single gapps package.

If there is a version which you know that can go thru the security signing check from Lineage recovery I can try to flash it from the sdcard right away.

NikGapps-omni-arm64-11-20201010-signed.zip seems to install properly here.

>If there is a version which you know that can go thru the security signing check from Lineage recovery I can try to flash it from the sdcard right away
Not yet, I just ported the patch that allows for that btw.

dian1994

Oct 17, 2020
Sofia
diandimitrov.com
NikGapps-omni-arm64-11-20201010-signed.zip seems to install properly here.

>If there is a version which you know that can go thru the security signing check from Lineage recovery I can try to flash it from the sdcard right away
Not yet, I just ported the patch that allows for that btw.

I just want to let you know that this version worked as expected. I have no explanation but probably I did something wrong with the slots. Thanks. I will keep you posted in case of a bug found. However Gapps required TWRP, Lineage recovery does not install gapps due Signing request error.

dian1994

Oct 17, 2020
Sofia
diandimitrov.com
Bugs Report

I would like to come up with a short report of what did not work with the rom for a few weeks of using.

Actually almost everything works except two main functions.

1. Wi - Fi HotSpot do not work. It shows up but when you connect from another device there is no internet connection. 4G has been established on LineageOS but do not reach the external device via Wi - Fi hot spot.

2. Google accuracy location service does not work, GPS works only when you stay outside. I do not know if it is related to GApps or Rom backend. If you run an app that requires location services will run only outside which is a quite too bad.

That's it for now. Hope it helps.

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Moto G 2014
I would like to come up with a short report of what did not work with the rom for a few weeks of using.

Actually almost everything works except two main functions.

1. Wi - Fi HotSpot do not work. It shows up but when you connect from another device there is no internet connection. 4G has been established on LineageOS but do not reach the external device via Wi - Fi hot spot.

2. Google accuracy location service does not work, GPS works only when you stay outside. I do not know if it is related to GApps or Rom backend. If you run an app that requires location services will run only outside which is a quite too bad.

That's it for now. Hope it helps.

1. Consider not being over 5 builds behind.

born2bkilled

Dec 31, 2016
Sony Xperia 5 II
has anyone had any luck getting magisk 21.1 to work with this rom and twrp yet?
im going round in circles trying to root after updating. i can install magisk from twrp, but i end up in a bootloop, then installing the bootloop fix from twrp wipes magisk and breaks root.
i know 21.1 is a beta and likely doesnt support sony phones yet, but someone might have a fix.

EDIT: I have root working now. Anyone having trouble, DONT install twrp to ramdisk. just leave the lineageOS recovery in place and use fastboot on a pc to boot twrp when you need it.

I did the following:

1. fresh stock firmware via newflash
2.flash sony software binaries for a11
3. fastboot boot twrp.img
4.swap to partition b
5. power off
6. fastboot boot twrp.img (check you are booted to partition b)
7. flash lineageos 18
8.reboot select partition a and POWER OFF
9. fastboot boot twrp.img
10. check partition is a
11. flash copy partition.zip
12. flash magisk 21.1.zip
13. flash nikGapps basic for a11
14. reboot system
15. install magiskmanager 8.0.3.apk
16. reboot
17. update your apps on playstore.

18. PROFIT.

lineage os18 rooted on my xperia 10.

Last edited:

Kestnix

Mar 21, 2019
I did the following:

1. fresh stock firmware via newflash
2.flash sony software binaries for a11
3. fastboot boot twrp.img
4.swap to partition b
5. power off
6. fastboot boot twrp.img (check you are booted to partition b)
7. flash lineageos 18
8.reboot select partition a and POWER OFF
9. fastboot boot twrp.img
10. check partition is a
11. flash copy partition.zip
12. flash magisk 21.1.zip
13. flash nikGapps basic for a11
14. reboot system
15. install magiskmanager 8.0.3.apk
16. reboot
17. update your apps on playstore.

18. PROFIT.

lineage os18 rooted on my xperia 10.

Which package is it you use?
If I flash the Gapps, Lineage can't boot into system and asks for a factory reset.
I'm following the steps exactly as they're described.
Am I missing something?

Mecallie

Sep 16, 2011
Just installed it. Was some effort, coming from SailfishX.
Had to install Sony binaries first, then get the latest TWRP (old one gave me errors, the provided one in this post as well). After that installed NikGapps (Gapps or open Gapps do not work I think). Was up till 3am :p

Got some problems though:
  • Cannot enable wifi.
  • Does not detect cellular network at all?
  • GUI stopped working error at every boot (works after clicking at away).
  • Settings stopped responding when I click network.
  • Fingerprint does not seem to be working? Do I need a specifiek Gapps version for that?

Can you tell me what the camera mod does? I do not see any difference?

Thanks for the effort this far! :)

Edit: I seem to be missing the firmware alltogether. Any ideas how to fix this?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Just installed it. Was some effort, coming from SailfishX.
    Had to install Sony binaries first, then get the latest TWRP (old one gave me errors, the provided one in this post as well). After that installed NikGapps (Gapps or open Gapps do not work I think). Was up till 3am :p

Got some problems though:
    • Cannot enable wifi.
    • Does not detect cellular network at all?
    • GUI stopped working error at every boot (works after clicking at away).
    • Settings stopped responding when I click network.
    • Fingerprint does not seem to be working? Do I need a specifiek Gapps version for that?

Can you tell me what the camera mod does? I do not see any difference?

Thanks for the effort this far! :)

Edit: I seem to be missing the firmware alltogether. Any ideas how to fix this?
    Flash lineage again, if this time radio works then flash copy partitions from https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/kirin/install#pre-install-instructions so that the correct firmware will be copied to inactive slot. Don't flash copy partitions while on slot with dead radio.