[ROM][OFFICIAL][kirin][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Just installed it. Was some effort, coming from SailfishX.
Had to install Sony binaries first, then get the latest TWRP (old one gave me errors, the provided one in this post as well). After that installed NikGapps (Gapps or open Gapps do not work I think). Was up till 3am :p

Got some problems though:
  • Cannot enable wifi.
  • Does not detect cellular network at all?
  • GUI stopped working error at every boot (works after clicking at away).
  • Settings stopped responding when I click network.
  • Fingerprint does not seem to be working? Do I need a specifiek Gapps version for that?

Can you tell me what the camera mod does? I do not see any difference?

Thanks for the effort this far! :)

Edit: I seem to be missing the firmware alltogether. Any ideas how to fix this?
Flash lineage again, if this time radio works then flash copy partitions from https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/kirin/install#pre-install-instructions so that the correct firmware will be copied to inactive slot. Don't flash copy partitions while on slot with dead radio.

Reactions: 535iu and Mecallie

Mecallie

Sep 16, 2011
Great, that did the trick! Did not see the pre-install instructions for the rom :)

I am now wondering if I want to put TWRP on the 2nd partition as well. I now have TWRP on partition one and Lineage recovery on partition 2. Bit confusing and I like TWRP better...

Reactions: 535iu

kirqt6

Jan 14, 2021
Installed this today with OpenGApps and everything works except one thing.. mobile data..
On the installer it detected my SIM, but later on the lock screen it says "No SIM card"... I've tried installing the Sony binaries but that did nothing.. any way to fix this?

Mecallie

Sep 16, 2011
I would look at comment #21. That did the trick for me.

Does anyone have root access working with this rom?

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
Hi @LuK1337
Thanks for doing the maintaining of this device. (y)
I just ordered one these Xperia 10's as I knew it was part of the open devices program.
I am a little shocked to see just how little development is going on.
With the exception of yourself I don't really see much of anything on XDA. o_O
Anyway Many Thanks i look forward to trying out Lineage (y)

kirqt6

Jan 14, 2021
Installed this today with OpenGApps and everything works except one thing.. mobile data..
On the installer it detected my SIM, but later on the lock screen it says "No SIM card"... I've tried installing the Sony binaries but that did nothing.. any way to fix this?

Alright I just did everything except flashing a new firmware.. Everything works now except auto-rotation always working, even if its set to "off"

motoe_user

Apr 30, 2015
Many thanks for your work on this device @LuK1337 !

Installed the 20210401 18.1 build today, and everything seems to be working flawlessly so far, except the notification light which stops blinking after only a few pulses or sometimes does not appear at all (maybe related to this SODP bug report? I'm not exactly sure how much SODP code is used in this LineageOS build, if any).

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version: 18.1
LineageOS Download url: https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/full/kirin/20210401/lineage-18.1-20210401-nightly-kirin-signed.zip
Gapps version: none

Did you--
wipe: yes
restore with titanium backup: no
reboot after having the issue: yes, to no avail

Are you using--
a task killer: no
a non-stock kernel: no
other modifications: no

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
Many thanks for your work on this device @LuK1337 !

Installed the 20210401 18.1 build today, and everything seems to be working flawlessly so far, except the notification light which stops blinking after only a few pulses or sometimes does not appear at all (maybe related to this SODP bug report? I'm not exactly sure how much SODP code is used in this LineageOS build, if any).

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version: 18.1
LineageOS Download url: https://mirrorbits.lineageos.org/full/kirin/20210401/lineage-18.1-20210401-nightly-kirin-signed.zip
Gapps version: none

Did you--
wipe: yes
restore with titanium backup: no
reboot after having the issue: yes, to no avail

Are you using--
a task killer: no
a non-stock kernel: no
other modifications: no
It blinks fine here. Tested with phone app. Also, we don't use SODP kernel or device trees so the issue you linked is not related.

ToastedToast

May 7, 2019
Does this still have issues with connecting to Verizon's network? (IIRC some builds of Lineage 17 had issues with Verizon)

bigc0127

Dec 13, 2014
I have the Latest Build of LOS for Kirin and everything works great except VoLTE and VoWIFi is not working for Tmo. any suggestions?

aRTeech

Apr 20, 2021
Quick question: how well does LineageOS run, compared to the standard Sony ROM?

I'm faced with the choice of stock vs Lineage for my 13 y.o., and I was wondering if the camera and such are really fully working under Lineage. I came across a Reddit thread about other Sony models where they claimed that certain things don't work or just partially.

faksziti

Jan 14, 2018
Hi,
Is it possible to record phone calls in this ROM? Does the voice recording (phone calls) of both sides works on LineageOS 18.1?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Just installed it. Was some effort, coming from SailfishX.
    Had to install Sony binaries first, then get the latest TWRP (old one gave me errors, the provided one in this post as well). After that installed NikGapps (Gapps or open Gapps do not work I think). Was up till 3am :p

Got some problems though:
    • Cannot enable wifi.
    • Does not detect cellular network at all?
    • GUI stopped working error at every boot (works after clicking at away).
    • Settings stopped responding when I click network.
    • Fingerprint does not seem to be working? Do I need a specifiek Gapps version for that?

Can you tell me what the camera mod does? I do not see any difference?

Thanks for the effort this far! :)

Edit: I seem to be missing the firmware alltogether. Any ideas how to fix this?
    Flash lineage again, if this time radio works then flash copy partitions from https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/kirin/install#pre-install-instructions so that the correct firmware will be copied to inactive slot. Don't flash copy partitions while on slot with dead radio.
    Thanks for the ROM!

Just installed the 20201003 build and it flawlessly so far.

Just a quick question, I can't seem to delete the search widget in the default launcher (quickstep), are there any way to delete it?
    Also there are no "Advanced restart" option anymore, is there a way to have a reboot to recovery/bootloader entry in the new Android 11 power menu?

>Just a quick question, I can't seem to delete the search widget in the default launcher (quickstep), are there any way to delete it?
    Launcher customizations aren't brought up yet thus search bar is stuck there for time being.

>Also there are no "Advanced restart" option anymore, is there a way to have a reboot to recovery/bootloader entry in the new Android 11 power menu?
    Power menu additions aren't brought up either.
    Gapps Not working

LineageOS version: 18.0
    LineageOS Download url: First one I can`t submit the post with the link, this is the version: lineage-18.0-20201016_012612-UNOFFICIAL-kirin.zip
    Gapps version: Here is where the issue occurs. None of the Gapps found here, and in first pages in Google by searching "Lineage OS 18 gapps" or either "Android 11 gapps" ever worked on Lineage OS 18.

I flashed with TWRP (I tried also with the Lineage OS recovery but I know that Gapps are not signed and return error from there) Immediately after a clean installation of Lineage OS 18 and wipe, All Open Gapps versions found, BitApps, NikApps and others came with error code 20, error code 70 (I tried with resizing the partition, switching slots, did not work) or fatal error. I managed to flash some of them successfully but they never showed up after turning on the phone.

Everything else except Gapps working as expected until now.

The same kernel is used as for Lineage OS 17.1 that was previously used with a working OpenGapps flash.

The phone version is Xperia 10 I4113, no modifications were made, just Unlocked bootloader, TWRP recovery, Flashed Lineage OS 18 and Flashed all versions of Gapps with no success.

In case you`ve tested and got Gapps successfully after installing the rom share this version with us so we can flash it and use the ROM for daily routines by continue testing.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.
    Hi, I have accessed the official download link, but I no longer see any ROM 18.1:

The only thing I can find is on Android File Host:

lineage-18.1-20201212_185859-UNOFFICIAL-kirin.zip

But I would like to download the latest version.

Does anyone have it?

I've tried looking at official link going back in time, but I could only see files from earlier this year and they are from Lineage 19.

I don't know if there was ever an official 18.1.
    Here's the latest copy of an 18.1 build for kirin that I still have:

MEGA link

version lineage-18.1-20220412-nightly