[ROM][OFFICIAL][kirin][12] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project, with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub organization. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
Downloads :
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel, or you installed Xposed
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Did you--
wipe:
restore with titanium backup:
reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Last edited:

DBS87

Jan 11, 2015
Miskolc
I'm using this and so far I didn't experience anything that don't work. However, it only works with NikGApps, if you want Google Play Services. And there are no OTA updates.

I also experienced problems with the manual update from the recovery. It broke my phone every time I tried. A factory reset needs after every update but it also erases all the data and the NikGApps.

Last edited:
Reactions: 535iu

daft plonker

Mar 23, 2022
Been using this ROM for weeks and so far it's been 99% functional. The only issue I had was for some reason the SMS permission for Google App Services did not turn on for a while until I finished setting other apps up. I'm afraid I don't know what made the permission turn on properly in the end sorry! Although it could well be the GApp distro had issues and not the custom ROM itself.

As for stability though, it's very stable. I'm using the l3113 model. Highly recommend to others! Good work OP, I've made a donation as a token of appreciation.

Last edited:

535iu

Feb 22, 2016
Message edited due to bad Google translation (sorry for the inconvenience).

Last edited:

535iu

Feb 22, 2016
Message edited due to bad Google translation (sorry for the inconvenience):

Hi, thanks for your great work, @LuK1337. I installed the ROM on March 27 on my i4113 and it works GREAT.

1. Today I saw that there is a new update on Android File Host, but the OTA update is not available, can it be installed without problems using Lineage Recovery?

2. What new changes will there be in this ROM on April 2-6? I had several problems to unlock, install TWRP, etc., on Xperia; So I don't know if it's worth me to update. (In my opinion, the Xperia is difficult to modify, not like a Xiaomi).

3. When will OTA updates be available? (If it will be available).

Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Hello thanks a lot for your work! I just tested the 20220426 build and everything works really well except one thing: I don't have mobile data on my french SIM card (Orange provider).

The latest 18.1 build from 20220412 works really well (so that's what I'm using right now) so I think there is something wrong on the 19 build.

kennkanniff

May 6, 2013
Nexus 7 (2013)
Moto X 2014
Thank you. If I try to make a signed build on Debian 11 I get the following error:
Code:
    signing: com.android.adbd.apex                                      container (packages/modules/adb/apex/com.android.adbd)
           : com.android.adbd.apex                                      payload   (packages/modules/adb/apex/com.android.adbd.pem)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/user/android/19/out/soong/host/linux-x86/bin/sign_target_files_apks/internal/stdlib/runpy.py", line 174, in _run_module_as_main
  File "/home/user/android/19/out/soong/host/linux-x86/bin/sign_target_files_apks/internal/stdlib/runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code
  File "/home/user/android/19/out/soong/host/linux-x86/bin/sign_target_files_apks/__main__.py", line 12, in <module>
  File "/home/user/android/19/out/soong/host/linux-x86/bin/sign_target_files_apks/internal/stdlib/runpy.py", line 174, in _run_module_as_main
  File "/home/user/android/19/out/soong/host/linux-x86/bin/sign_target_files_apks/internal/stdlib/runpy.py", line 72, in _run_code
  File "/home/user/android/19/out/soong/host/linux-x86/bin/sign_target_files_apks/sign_target_files_apks.py", line 1420, in <module>
  File "/home/user/android/19/out/soong/host/linux-x86/bin/sign_target_files_apks/sign_target_files_apks.py", line 1401, in main
  File "/home/user/android/19/out/soong/host/linux-x86/bin/sign_target_files_apks/sign_target_files_apks.py", line 577, in ProcessTargetFiles
KeyError: 'avb_avbtool'
Disabling APEX as described here results in boot loop.

Building and signing for another device works just fine.

Last edited:

Ermann123

Apr 30, 2020
Since Upgrad to v19 there is a big problem.... Regular Wifi Disconnetion and Reconnection each couple of seconds.
Wasnt the case with lineage 18

Edit: after a very long time (2 days or so), suddenly the sim cards get recognized / are active again. also wifi working more stabel. strange behavoiur.

Last edited:

Ermann123

Apr 30, 2020
Since Upgrad to v19 there is a big problem.... Regular Wifi Disconnetion and Reconnection each couple of seconds.
Wasnt the case with lineage 18

Edit: after a very long time (2 days or so), suddenly the sim cards get recognized / are active again. also wifi working more stabel. strange behavoiur.
The problem still persists with new Rom updates.

Ermann123

Apr 30, 2020
Edit:

As the phone with 19.1 is extremly lagging, I went back to the latest 18.1 build, and with this: no lagging, and the sim cards are recognized and connected immediately.

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Update: seems everything working correct except sound inside video recorder in camera, it did not record sound correctly! Hope it get fixed soon.

matjon

Oct 13, 2020
I don't have mobile data on my french SIM card (Orange provider).
I think you would have to set your APN settings in the phone to the ones provided by Orange. This is easily done in the Settings app (inside the "Network and internet" submenu).

Update: seems everything working correct except sound inside video recorder in camera, it did not record sound correctly! Hope it get fixed soon.
Is the problem present in alternative camera applications (from F-Droid or Google Play) also?

By the way, this is a great ROM & lots of thanks to @LuK1337 !

DJTINKER

Jul 25, 2022
Have a Sony Xperia 10 (I3123). After installing latest build for Kirin, I have data connection, but can not make calls. After dialing number, phone attempts to call, and then drops immediately without call being made. Have checked APN numerous times and settings are correct. IMS registration will not complete. Have tried on both GSM and CDMA networks. Both work on Stock Firmware. Have I missed something?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project, with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub organization. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel, or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    I'm using this and so far I didn't experience anything that don't work. However, it only works with NikGApps, if you want Google Play Services. And there are no OTA updates.

I also experienced problems with the manual update from the recovery. It broke my phone every time I tried. A factory reset needs after every update but it also erases all the data and the NikGApps.
    Rom worked for month, now I have no idea whats going on but my touch screen is unresponsive, almost every seccond ghost touches, figured out that it migh be something related to kernel, I can see a lot spaming dmesg lines related to NVT-ts "number of fingers to process = 0" . Is this known bug or I have problem with touch panel?

I think I have mostly fixed my touchscreen problems by upgrading the touchscreen firmware. This firmware may be downloaded from
    https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/de...ootdir/vendor/firmware/SM13_KM_08_PID5403.bin (this is an official Sony repository) and should be placed in /system/etc/firmware . It is not included in LineageOS.

To do this:
    - enable rooted adb in Developer settings,

Bash:
    adb root
    adb shell
    # the 4 commands below must be executed with the display turned on
    # please post on XDA the output of these two commands - to see if this helped
    > cat /proc/nvt_fw_version
    > cat /proc/nvt_projectinfo
    # selftests
    > cat /proc/nvt_preselftest
    > cat /proc/nvt_selftest

> mount / -o remount,rw
    > mkdir /system/etc/firmware/
    > exit

adb push SM13_KM_08_PID5403.bin /system/etc/firmware
    adb shell
    # verify checksum
    > sha256sum /system/etc/firmware/SM13_KM_08_PID5403.bin | grep 679cfb550c04601f30021d7e22d245f4b690be12b28e7ec350eea7fbc68edc71
    # do not proceed and delete the file if the checksum does not match
    # remount the root partition read-only
    > mount / -o remount,ro
    > reboot

After reboot:
    Bash:
    adb root
    adb shell
    > dmesg | grep -i nvt

# the commands below must be executed with the display turned on
    > cat /proc/nvt_fw_version
    > cat /proc/nvt_projectinfo
    # selftests
    > cat /proc/nvt_preselftest
    > cat /proc/nvt_selftest

Upgrading the firmware likely has to be done only once. After following reboots, the firmware is not flashed, as shown in dmesg. So it is not necessary to upload the firmware to /system after every LineageOS upgrade.

In my case:
    I had installed some time ago a replacement touchscreen that was likely not booted with official Sony ROM - so it had old firmware.
    Before flashing:
    Bash:
    I4113:/proc # cat nvt_fw_version           
    fw_ver=4, x_num=16, y_num=36, button_num=0
    after flashing:
    Bash:
    I4113:/proc # cat nvt_fw_version
    fw_ver=23, x_num=16, y_num=36, button_num=0

Code:
    [    0.501166] [NVT-ts][info] nvt_driver_init 2516: +++
    [    0.501196] [NVT-ts][info] nvt_ts_probe 1880: probe start
    [    0.501211] [NVT-ts][info] nvt_parse_dt 1400: novatek,irq-gpio=45
    [    0.690327] [NVT-ts][info] nvt_get_fw_info 1056: +++
    [    0.691380] [NVT-ts][info] nvt_get_fw_info 1103: ---
    [    0.691386] [NVT-ts][info] nvt_ts_probe 1943: ts->nvt_pid = 0x5403
    [    1.000332] [NVT-ts][info] nvt_ts_probe 1984: mb_hw_id = 0x01 (BY36), lcd_id = 1, source = TR M 0.8mm (0x01)
    [    1.000574] input: NVTCapacitiveTouchScreen as /devices/virtual/input/input1
    [    1.000682] [NVT-ts][info] nvt_ts_probe 2095: request irq 52 succeed
    [    1.000784] [NVT-ts][info] nvt_flash_proc_init 1264: Succeeded Create /proc/NVTflash
    [    1.000823] [NVT-ts][info] nvt_extra_proc_init 944: create extra proc node Succeeded!
    [    1.000833] [NVT-ts][info] nvt_mp_proc_init 2085: create /proc/nvt_preselftest Succeeded!
    [    1.000840] [NVT-ts][info] nvt_mp_proc_init 2094: create /proc/nvt_selftest Succeeded!
    [    1.000881] [NVT-ts][info] nvt_ts_probe 2210: probe end : success
    [    1.000919] [NVT-ts][info] nvt_driver_init 2524: ---
    [    1.002681] [NVT-ts][info] Boot_Update_Firmware 1045: +++
    [    1.002688] [NVT-ts][info] update_firmware_request 55: filename is SM13_KM_08_PID5403.bin
    [    3.530643] [NVT-ts][error] Check_CheckSum 301: RD_Filechksum[0]=0x89A7
    [    3.530658] [NVT-ts][error] Check_CheckSum 303: WR_Filechksum[0]=0xEF3E
    [    3.530662] [NVT-ts][error] Check_CheckSum 304: firmware checksum not match!!
    [    3.531019] [NVT-ts][info] Check_FW_Ver 131: IC FW Ver = 0x04, FW Ver Bar = 0xFB
    [    3.531025] [NVT-ts][info] Check_FW_Ver 134: Bin FW Ver = 0x17, FW ver Bar = 0xE8
    [    3.531030] [NVT-ts][info] Boot_Update_Firmware 1079: firmware version not match
    [    3.531034] [NVT-ts][info] Update_Firmware 889: Need upgrade TP FW
    [   10.485476] [NVT-ts][warring] nvt_ts_resume 2376: Touch is already resume
    [   11.720693] [NVT-ts][info] nvt_check_flash_end_flag 1020: nvt_end_flag = NVT (4E 56 54)
    [   11.720704] [NVT-ts][info] nvt_check_flash_end_flag 1023: "NVT" end flag found!
    [   11.790455] [NVT-ts][info] Boot_Update_Firmware 1104: TP FW upgrade finish
    [   11.790499] [NVT-ts][info] Boot_Update_Firmware 1111: ---

Do not forget to disable root adb after finishing!