[ROM][OFFICIAL][KitKat 4.4.4][TENDERLOIN] PAC-man KK RELEASE [WEEKLY]]

Search This thread

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3
Thanks for all you do to extend the life and use of the TP.....like a couple of others just did a an factory reset clear cahes install of 11/3 and total boot time was 4:45, about 1 minute of dark screen and then 3:45 minutes of pacman boot animation. Thanks for taking the time to work on a new build.

The problem is that I experienced everything that you and others are having with the 11/02 build. I fixed the permissions on /data in the 11/03 build, and I don't have the problem. Those of you that are experiencing this, please use a root browser and check the permissions of /data. It should show as 0777 or rwxrwxrwx. If it doesn't, you've got a problem with your file system. Check the /data/local folder. You should have a PACLogs folder, a tmp folder, and an init.d.cfg file.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnvgt

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3
[ROM Update] 08 NOV 2014

An updated ROM is available at the OP and OTA download links.

• Merge upstream
    -- Nothin' much

Enjoy

I've posted this in the hope that it may clear up some user issues, but if you're not having problems with 11/03, there's nothing here that would shake your world by installing it. Boot time for me with this build is 50 sec after the first.

mattman5000

Aug 31, 2011
Dallas
Thanks for your help shumash.

I checked the permissions. All looks okay. I also see the three files in /data/local. I didn't see them earlier because i was using ES File Manager and didn't have root enabled (my mistake).

I deleted init.d.cfg and rebooted. Boot time is now normal ~50 seconds.

Edit: I meant to add that I'm still running 1103 build. Have not installed the new update yet.

127|root@tenderloin:/ # ls -l -d /data
drwxrwxrwx system system 2014-11-08 13:52 data
root@tenderloin:/ # ls -l -d /data/local
drwxr-x--x root root 2014-11-08 18:30 local
root@tenderloin:/ # ls -l /data/local
drwxr-xr-x root root 2014-11-08 13:52 PACLogs
-rw-r--r-- root root 1586 2014-11-08 18:30 init.d.cfg
drwxrwx--x shell shell 2014-10-12 13:49 tmp
root@tenderloin:/ #

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nevertells2

Dec 22, 2011
Sunny Central Florida!!!
The problem is that I experienced everything that you and others are having with the 11/02 build. I fixed the permissions on /data in the 11/03 build, and I don't have the problem. Those of you that are experiencing this, please use a root browser and check the permissions of /data. It should show as 0777 or rwxrwxrwx. If it doesn't, you've got a problem with your file system. Check the /data/local folder. You should have a PACLogs folder, a tmp folder, and an init.d.cfg file.

Seems like to me these guys that are having long boot times should use the CWM Wipe data/Factory reset/Clean to Install a New ROM function.

NT

Moronig

Dec 2, 2010
Curitiba
DELETED, should've been posted 5 hours ago, had some internet problems. Will install the new build fresh. Thanks for all the support! I hope I didn't come out as being ungrateful for all the great work you have done!

Last edited:

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3
[ROM Update] 11 NOV 2014

• Merge upstream
  • Kernel:
    - Enable 1914 MHz maximum cpu frequency

Enjoy

WARNING!: Boosting frequencies this high is very device dependent. Yours may not be capable of the maximum frequency, may freeze or be unstable. I have tested this ROM up to the maximum, and it's stable on my device. If you don't want to play around, keep the frequency at the default 1512MHz. If you do, increase it in steps; don't start with the maximum.

nightfireblaze8

Jul 27, 2013

• Merge upstream
  • Kernel:
    - Enable 1914 MHz maximum cpu frequency

Enjoy

WARNING!: Boosting frequencies this high is very device dependent. Yours may not be capable of the maximum frequency, may freeze or be unstable. I have tested this ROM up to the maximum, and it's stable on my device. If you don't want to play around, keep the frequency at the default 1512MHz. If you do, increase it in steps; don't start with the maximum.
Thank you for the update. I haven't had a single SOD yet with this build.

Reactions: Johnvgt

nevertells2

Dec 22, 2011
Sunny Central Florida!!!
Thanks @shumash
Installed the 3.4 on my 16G TP.. Updated the PS-Gapps Modular mini..
This was flashed over the 11/3 build.. Cleared Cache and Dalvic before flashing.
Unfortunalty it reboots frequently when Idle or off the lock screen..
Went back to the 11/3.. No reboots and very stable.

Thanks for all your work..
Pete

Same here with 3.4 on my 32G TP. Shuts down when idle and difficult to to restart. Will revert back to the 11-3 as well.

Did you try a clean install to see how stable it is?

NT

shumash

Jun 1, 2008
Google Pixel 3
Not yet, Will try again unless Shumash wants anything from a catlog?

As you might have guessed, 3.4 is kind of leftovers for me. I don't intend to spend much time on it, but a logcat will certainly help. I suspect it's more sensitive to the overclocking, 'cause that's the only change I made, unless something upstream broke it, Incidentally, if you're using the ondemand governor, don't. It's broken. I intend to disable it in both ROMs in the next update.

Last edited:
Reactions: jerryatherton

gtallmadge

Apr 16, 2011
Veneta, OR
Didn't work very well for me. Got some SOD on the 3.4 so went back and did a clean install of the 3.0 11-11 and it is working fine..no problems.
Great work!

suzib6sw

Nov 12, 2007
Radford VA
As you might have guessed, 3.4 is kind of leftovers for me. I don't intend to spend much time on it, but a logcat will certainly help. I suspect it's more sensitive to the overclocking, 'cause that's the only change I made, unless something upstream broke it, Incidentally, if you're using the ondemand governor, don't. It's broken. I intend to disable it in both ROMs in the next update.

Hi @shumash
Ok.. the reboot seems to be more likely to occur when its inactive.. .. Ie, when it goes to sleep.. Up till this point, I had a 3x3 lockscreen and it was working prior to the O/C kernel..
I removed the lock screen and the same reboot happens but only when it goes idle.
.. I hope I managed to grab the logcat.. I set catlog to record ..
I managed a couple.. at
http://1drv.ms/1qdOWzY

Hope that helps..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Header_Glass.png

PAC-ROM is built with our own tweaks and options, including picks and features from the best ROMs out there!

Why choose among ROMs, when you have All-in-One !!

Screenshots_Glass.png

PAC_man_slider.gif

Features_Glass.png

Features.png

Disclaimer_Glass.png

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty!

* If your device breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us!

* Do not ask for ETAs!!

How_to_Install_Glass.png

* Download the ROM and GApps

* Reboot to recovery

* Wipe data/factory reset

* Flash the ROM and then GApps

* Reboot your device

* Enjoy

How_to_Update_Glass.png

* Download the latest version

* Reboot to recovery

* Flash the ROM

* Wipe both dalvik cache and cache

* Reboot your device

* Enjoy the latest version of PAC-ROM

Not_Working_Glass.png

Other_Info_Glass.png

* This is a data media ROM based on milaq's's device tree and 3.0 kernel
    with updates and modifications by me. It has the generally same issues as his ROM

* Use the various resources in this forum to setup your Touchpad for a data media
    ROM.

Download_Glass.png

Websites_Glass.png

Credits_Glass.png

* Cyanogen Team

* AOKP Team

* Paranoid Android

* PAC-ROMTeam

* SlimRoms

* RootBox

* Carbon ROM

* Vanir

* ChameleonOS

* Omnirom

* Paranoid SaberDroid

* Special thanks to all our Build Bot Providers (see Contributors list for all names)

* PAC Graphix Team - Graphics, logos and images (see Contributors list for all names)

* and of course, thank you for your love and support!

* Be sure and thank the HP Touchpad developers who made PAC-man ROM on the TP possible:
    - invisiblek
    - jcsullins
    - milaq
    - flintman

Support_Glass.png

Help with server costs

Support us with these banners:

pac_user_banner.png

pac_poweredby_banner.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    HPTP PAC-ROM, ROM for the HP Touchpad

Contributors
    shumash
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: PAC-man

Version Information

Created 2014-10-12
    Last Updated 2015-01-28
    PAC Official Status

The PAC development group has approved the TP, and it will become official as soon as my gerrit commits are merged. Because we have a bluetooth cherry-pick (courtesy of jcsullins), the updates will be weekly, not nightly. The download link is to the PAC HP Tenderloin forum (you can download the ROM there from my Goo site until builds begin). In the meantime, I expect to be working on overclocking the kernel.

Enjoy.
    Lollipop Sucka!

It's comin'
    [ROM Update] 09 Sept 2014

• Merge upstream
    • Improved fix for broken Play Store and other downloads with updated code (thx jcsullins)
    • Fix People/Contacts

Enjoy
    [ROM Update] 25 August 2014

• Merge upstream.
    • Version RC1. Very stable
    • Lots of new and restored features

Enjoy