[ROM][OFFICIAL][LAKE] LineageOS 17.1 for Moto G7 Plus [weeklies]

Search This thread

linuxpauling

Mar 10, 2021
I am having trouble completing the step from the wiki directions called 'Temporarily Booting a Custom Recovery Using Fastboot'. In particular, step #5 of this section 'Temporarily Flash a Recovery on Your Device'. When I execute the command - fastboot flash boot recoveryfilename.img I receive the following message in return:

(bootloader) is-logical:boot_b: not found
Sending 'boot_b' (23073 kb) OKAY [ 0.575s ]
Writing 'boot_b' (bootloader) Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote: ' ')
fastboot: error: Command failed

I am assuming this means that the fastboot flash boot recoveryfilename.img command did not work as it should have. What can I do to get past this? I have successfully completed all previous steps in the wiki instructions. The recovery file that I have downloaded and using here is the most recent (lineage-18.1-20210525-recovery-lake.img). My fastboot version is 31.0.2. As per the instructions I did also try executing the fastboot flash boot_b recoveryfilename.img, however, I receive the same message.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be most grateful. Thanks.

mrsiri

Sep 16, 2017
Snapchat got an update to place a navbar right where the system navbar stands. Problem is the app is not going jnto Fullscreen mode to hide the system navbar and then Snapchat is anacessible. A workaround I found was to use gestures navigation, or sliding instead of using the actual navbar. I already uninstalled lineage os, it was presenting too many critical bugs

angelojaja

Dec 19, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S8+
i want to know if there is a custom kernel for this phone? because i want more perfomance but i don't find anyone, i'm in evolution x11 rom, latest update for this model, i'll wait for any reply, thanks

CundC0408

Hey, i have a bug or and issue in the newest version (lineageOS18.1 1.Februar.2022 | lineageos_lake-userdebug 11 RQ3A.211001.001 10038978) my bluetooth headphones are really quiet now since the last update.
While i got the update from 25.January,2020 there was not this bug.

Does anyone have a solution or a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance

penticton8

Feb 28, 2018
Google Pixel XL
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hey, i have a bug or and issue in the newest version (lineageOS18.1 1.Februar.2022 | lineageos_lake-userdebug 11 RQ3A.211001.001 10038978) my bluetooth headphones are really quiet now since the last update.
While i got the update from 25.January,2020 there was not this bug.

Does anyone have a solution or a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance
Wrong forum. Use https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/official-lineageos-18-1-for-the-moto-g7-plus.4255321/

Reactions: CundC0408

jc56au

Feb 26, 2011
Can I downgrade to 17.1 from 18.1 by flashing as per instructions?

Phone is new to me with stock Android 9, did a OTA to 10 and then loaded Lineage 18.1 as per instructions.
Works fine except for Osmand on SD card and searching on this it's a known problem with Android 11. Should have looked before loading 18.1
Alternate choice is new screen for 3yo G7+ and a battery at the same time makes sense

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    P6tVwPF.jpg

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Introduction:

This is the Official LineageOS 17.1 thread for the Moto G7 Plus, codename lake.

Information:

Installation

Downloads:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1, ROM for the Moto G7 Plus

Contributors
    Jleeblanch
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Android 10 (Q) Stock Firmware

Version Information
    Nightly

Created 2020-04-03
    Last Updated 2020-04-03
    The builds have reappeared with the latest builds from 2021-01-05 (y). Are these issues fixed yet?

The new build appears to only have half of the fix. However, those of you who were on my test build should be able to jump to the official build without issue. Those of you on stock, may wanna hold off one more week 👍
    FYI, today's build should be good for everyone in any situation 😉
    For now guys, just use TWRP to install, same as all the unofficial versions. You can use the info from my LineageOS 16.0 thread to install using TWRP. I've updated TWRP to work with Lineage 17.1 (meaning working decryption) which you can find links for in the OP of my TWRP thread.

I would also hold off on updating thru the Updater until that build gets released, as you may wreck your partition table (and btw, you don't need a blankflash to fix. Just flash gpt.bin and the bootloader.img using fastboot, then flash the full stock firmware to recover).

Apparently the 20200406 build was already in the pipeline to be built, so my gpt-utils changes didn't make it into that build, but will most definitely be in the 20200407+ builds and then the Wiki instructions will be fine to use again if you so choose.

I will update the 2nd post as as I can with proper TWRP installation info (an alternative method to install) as well as how to maintain TWRP and Magisk when updating via OTA's.
    FYI, today's build should be good for everyone in any situation 😉

I can confirm that the 2021-01-12 build fixes all the issues with my Moto G7 Plus (XT1965-T). No reboots when removing a USB cables. Phone calls work fine with a SIM card installed.

FWIW, I did a factory reset as part of the install, so would recommend that as well.