Is this Normal ?

I'm using LineageOS with MicroG 07082022 Build, Stock Kernel

Attachments

• IMG_20220811_142324.jpg
    IMG_20220811_142324.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 100

javi2246

Jul 22, 2022
That would also interest me very much. I did it according to the wiki instructions. And there is no fastbootD.
You are confusing yourselves. In the instructions to install lineageos it is done via bootloader/fastboot (not fastbootD). When installing the patch that mitigates the screen bug problem, the developer asked to do it with fastbootD.

Is this Normal ?
"yes"
I'm using LineageOS with MicroG 07082022 Build, Stock Kernel
It happens to me, and the same thing happened to me with an op5

Josh McGrath

Jan 16, 2013
OnePlus 9
It shows the same for me.

Google music vanced showed 56,964 and made my phone heat up really badly AND I had to charge it 3x in one 8 hour period.

But that aside, mine shows the crazy percentages yours does too

John168

Dec 8, 2020
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
I Tested LOS19 on my LE2113 for 3 weeks. Its stable. No black screen bug. But there are some other little bugs for me.
I have problems with the 3 buttons gesture. These do not work reliably. Best results are when swiping from below, not pressing directly on it.

The other one ist with Night Light.
I have always Night Light on. Is easier on my eyes. When the screen unlocks, first for one second comes normal light and then the night light. And vice versa when the screen locks. Light goes for one second to Normal Light and then the screen goes off.

I Tested LOS19 on my LE2113 for 3 weeks. Its stable. No black screen bug. But there are some other little bugs for me.
I have problems with the 3 buttons gesture. These do not work reliably. Best results are when swiping from below, not pressing directly on it.

The other one ist with Night Light.
I have always Night Light on. Is easier on my eyes. When the screen unlocks, first for one second comes normal light and then the night light. And vice versa when the screen locks. Light goes for one second to Normal Light and then the screen goes off.
I found this two same issue on my phone. But IDK how to report this to the dev as a big.
It shows the same for me.

Google music vanced showed 56,964 and made my phone heat up really badly AND I had to charge it 3x in one 8 hour period.

But that aside, mine shows the crazy percentages yours does too
Yeah, same with me. The battery drops down faster than OOS 12. Idk why.

fromble

Sep 1, 2014
Manchester
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 9
Vanced is discontinued and not updated, it's also Pre-A12 so I wouldn't expect it to work well.

I have the same night light behaviour but I think it's related to the FOD, I suspect night light has to disable in order for the FOD to work.

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
Ok it's def kernel related causing issue 100% for sure. I had to completely disable ambient before kernel to keep from locking device up. After BluSpark turned ambient pulse notifications on pick-up. It's flawless for hours so far. Need kernel source update like @ZVNexus said. Good deal. Testing further I've found even with a kernel this is the trigger below. It def starts the black screen process.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220812-132641_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20220812-132641_Settings.png
    330.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Ok it's def kernel related causing issue 100% for sure. I had to completely disable ambient before kernel to keep from locking device up. After BluSpark turned ambient pulse notifications on pick-up. It's flawless for hours so far. Need kernel source update like @ZVNexus said. Good deal. Testing further I've found even with a kernel this is the trigger below. It def starts the black screen process.
I guess we will be taking a look at the blu_spark kernel then.

I found this two same issue on my phone. But IDK how to report this to the dev as a big.

Yeah, same with me. The battery drops down faster than OOS 12. Idk why.
I might have an idea on the battery drain. Check if NFC can be enabled on your device.

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
I guess we will be taking a look at the blu_spark kernel then.

I might have an idea on the battery drain. Check if NFC can be enabled on your device.
False alarm. No matter what I do or what settings I use it slowly starts happening again. The Black screen bug is really bad on my device. If i enable ambient at all. Other than AOD. That fixes but battery will barely last a day then .

Yes, NFC could be enabled. As I don't use NFC in daily, so I turned it off. Could you detail more about why NFC have impact on the battery fast drop down? Thanks.
That's what drained the battery on my device because it kept crashing every few minutes, and I was never able to toggle it.

If you can, find an app that can find wakelocks. That should help you figure out what is specifically causing the excessive battery drain. The most persistent ones will even do it with the screen turned off.

Josh McGrath

Jan 16, 2013
OnePlus 9
Vanced has been taken over by a dev from Georgia, (the country), and it's rarely updated. But that's another thread. I don't want to hijack the thread. It's on GitHub somewhere.

Back to topic, the black screen of death or ,BOD, only happens to me after a phone call. If we are waiting on an update from OnePlus, we will be waiting a while I think and they'll probably screw up 8 different things with the fix by the rate they are going at that company lately🤬

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
Vanced has been taken over by a dev from Georgia, (the country), and it's rarely updated. But that's another thread. I don't want to hijack the thread. It's on GitHub somewhere.

Back to topic, the black screen of death or ,BOD, only happens to me after a phone call. If we are waiting on an update from OnePlus, we will be waiting a while I think and they'll probably screw up 8 different things with the fix by the rate they are going at that company lately🤬
Ok so at least there is one other person experiencing it. And I tried yesterday before returning to stock completely disabling ambient and it still happened.

Not_perfect

Mar 27, 2019
After 3 weeks I had yesterday wile a call a black screen. And there were frequent interruptions during the call. I had to reboot the phone. Shortly before the conversation, I set wifi calling(only with wifi) in the settings. But I used no Wifi at the moment, only Mobile Data.
Turned Wifi Calling off again. No BOD has happened again since then.
Was that a coincidence?

Josh McGrath

Jan 16, 2013
OnePlus 9
Wifi calling has been turned off before I ever even made a call on my phone and I still have the issue, only on calls though so I don't think it's related

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Downloads:
    Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed.
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Yea, I did a clean wipe just like everyone else at initial install. My recommendation is to flash ROM, load to the OS like normal, then settings and factory reset. That way there is some data to erase

I'm on day 3 now and still have had zero black screen of death!

To clarify though, I had already updated to the latest weekly update and I still was having the BSOD
    The black screen of death has been fixed (or at least it should be). The OOS 13 kernel made it very easy to reproduce the issue.

The fix will be included in the next update (December 11).
    This section is for updating LineageOS. You must have your device connected to your computer to do this.

To update to newer builds of LineageOS 19.1, follow these steps (assuming you're already on LineageOS 19.1 or updating from LineageOS 19.0):

1. Reboot to recovery.
    2. Write down which slot you are currently on somewhere. You will need it in case the update does not boot correctly.
    3. Go to Apply Update > Apply from ADB, and use "adb sideload" to flash the newer build of LineageOS.
    4. If you installed Gapps or Magisk or any type of addon previously, go to Advanced > Reboot to recovery. Otherwise, select "Reboot system now".
    5. Go to Apply Update > Apply from ADB, and flash your modules the same way you flashed LineageOS.
    6. When you are done, select "Reboot system now".
    If an update does not boot, follow these steps:
    1. Reboot to bootloader. This can be done with "adb reboot bootloader".
    2. From there, use "fastboot --set-active=<slot>", replacing <slot> with the slot you were on previously.
    3. Reboot to system. You can just select "START" with the volume buttons and confirm by pressing the Power button.
    Starting this month, all builds that I upload will require OOS 12 firmware to boot. You must follow the instructions here BEFORE you can even update to these builds:

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/lemonade/fw_update
    Make sure you also update the engineering_cdt partition while you do this.

After this, you must reboot into bootloader mode and flash the new recovery image, which I will also upload. From there, boot into recovery and flash the new build. If you had Gapps installed, reboot into recovery and flash them again.
    Anyone who is having issues with the black screen bug, test out the images in this ZIP and report back.

Includes this change: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8350/+/334681