Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][lemonade][12L] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

wshan526

May 31, 2015
Do I need to be on Android 12 before I start flashing this? Saw via googling that perhaps that may be the reason. Went direct from Android 11 Global last night and when I got to the reboot to recovery portion, I ended up with a Qualcomm dump error. Had to redo everything with MSM tool back to LE2115 Android 11 state. My device is originally LE2117 TMobile that I converted to LE2115 using the guides I found here on XDA. Sorry if my terminology is incorrect, still an amateur and know just enough to break stuff and cause havoc to myself.

Josh McGrath

Jan 16, 2013
OnePlus 9
I wouldn't even flash this right now. Thanks to oneplus, there is a black screen of death bug where the phone responds to everything, but screen won't turn on no matter what until hard reset. Otherwise great rom, just keep checking back.

From what I've delt with at one plus customer service, I don't think we will ever get an update.

Edit: it happens several times a day for most people.

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
There's a whole new branch for 12.1 on the kernel GitHub, I don't know if any of it is useable/merged into lineage yet or even being worked on.

Use AOD to stop the black screen bug
This is a fix however I wasn't getting full day off charger using Aod :( surely would love to run this as a dd

Quientus

Sep 22, 2017
Just wanted to chime in I also got the black screen bug for the last 3 nightly releases. Gave up and going back to OOS 11 for awhile. Just need to my phone to actually work!

fromble

Sep 1, 2014
Manchester
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 9
There doesn't seem to be much movement from the Devs at the moment, nothing in the changelogs/Gerrit that show anybody looking at the Kernel... @ZVNexus could maybe let us know? Probably just busy (it's free after all!)

I get easily through a day with AoD on and haven't had the black screen for at least 4 days so I have no idea why you are all seeing it so often!

Can't bring myself to reset again and go back to oxygen (EU variant here so no msmtool for me), hoping it will be fixed properly soon (y)

There doesn't seem to be much movement from the Devs at the moment, nothing in the changelogs/Gerrit that show anybody looking at the Kernel... @ZVNexus could maybe let us know? Probably just busy (it's free after all!)

I get easily through a day with AoD on and haven't had the black screen for at least 4 days so I have no idea why you are all seeing it so often!

Can't bring myself to reset again and go back to oxygen (EU variant here so no msmtool for me), hoping it will be fixed properly soon (y)
The black screen thing seems to happen randomly. Some will get it three times a day, and some just won't get it.

Geesh. Yes sir it's very annoying. Having to force reboot device in the middle of everything. I couldn't do it sir.
Whenever that black screen thing happens, capture a logcat through ADB.

eddiewould

Dec 4, 2017
+1 for the black screen issue - and that (anecdotally), turning on ambient display lessens the frequency of the issue but does not eliminate it entirely. I'll try and reproduce it and capture a logcat.

Another issue I've got is that one of my RFID/NFC cards doesn't work whereas it *did* work under Oxygen OS. Is there anything I can provide log-wise to try and work out what the issue might be? If it helps, it's a "Snapper" card (I'm in NZ and "Snapper" is the name of the card we use for the public bus system in my city).

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
The black screen thing seems to happen randomly. Some will get it three times a day, and some just won't get it.

Whenever that black screen thing happens, capture a logcat through ADB.
I've been on stock for a long time. Have tried Lineage for op9 many times though. Just have to be able to use device if need be at all times. And can't currently on lineage. But yes logs would show issue.

Josh McGrath

Jan 16, 2013
OnePlus 9
Well since I don't think OnePlus or lineage will ever fix this issue and I am irritated with the BSOD issue, I have to switch roms.

Which rom do you guys run as a daily? I want to stay away from oos cause of the privacy issues

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Downloads:
    Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed.
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Yea, I did a clean wipe just like everyone else at initial install. My recommendation is to flash ROM, load to the OS like normal, then settings and factory reset. That way there is some data to erase

I'm on day 3 now and still have had zero black screen of death!

To clarify though, I had already updated to the latest weekly update and I still was having the BSOD
    The black screen of death has been fixed (or at least it should be). The OOS 13 kernel made it very easy to reproduce the issue.

The fix will be included in the next update (December 11).
    This section is for updating LineageOS. You must have your device connected to your computer to do this.

To update to newer builds of LineageOS 19.1, follow these steps (assuming you're already on LineageOS 19.1 or updating from LineageOS 19.0):

1. Reboot to recovery.
    2. Write down which slot you are currently on somewhere. You will need it in case the update does not boot correctly.
    3. Go to Apply Update > Apply from ADB, and use "adb sideload" to flash the newer build of LineageOS.
    4. If you installed Gapps or Magisk or any type of addon previously, go to Advanced > Reboot to recovery. Otherwise, select "Reboot system now".
    5. Go to Apply Update > Apply from ADB, and flash your modules the same way you flashed LineageOS.
    6. When you are done, select "Reboot system now".
    If an update does not boot, follow these steps:
    1. Reboot to bootloader. This can be done with "adb reboot bootloader".
    2. From there, use "fastboot --set-active=<slot>", replacing <slot> with the slot you were on previously.
    3. Reboot to system. You can just select "START" with the volume buttons and confirm by pressing the Power button.
    Starting this month, all builds that I upload will require OOS 12 firmware to boot. You must follow the instructions here BEFORE you can even update to these builds:

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/lemonade/fw_update
    Make sure you also update the engineering_cdt partition while you do this.

After this, you must reboot into bootloader mode and flash the new recovery image, which I will also upload. From there, boot into recovery and flash the new build. If you had Gapps installed, reboot into recovery and flash them again.
    Anyone who is having issues with the black screen bug, test out the images in this ZIP and report back.

Includes this change: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8350/+/334681