Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][lemonade][12L] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

anarchotaoist

Jun 2, 2018
Doesn't matter, firmware is now shipped in the build so you'll get automatically updated to whatever is shipping in the OTA.
hmm, sorry if this is a stupid question, but if upgrading from LOS19 does that mean one does not have to ensure Android 12 firmware is installed first?
If the firmware does need installing do you need to update to the latest recovery first before flashing the firmware?
Thanks!

EDIT: Apologies - I just read https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/lemonade/upgrade
so just flashing of the new zip seems to be required.

ps Should one wait until the 'black out' bug is resolved first?

Last edited:

Elerir9

Oct 7, 2016
OnePlus 9
I'm tired of OOS so I would like to try this ROM
I'm running OOS 12.1 - C.65 (L2113) and according to the guide, it looks like I have to literally follow the "normal" steps for installing. However, it turns out that there is a "black screen" bug, so I was wondering if any of you knows on which built this began to happen. I would then use the latest "not-buggy" build.

--> Once it is released, the required fix for this black screen issue won't need to wipe data, right ?

Also, does this ROM support App cloning ?

Thank you !

Josh McGrath

Jan 16, 2013
OnePlus 9
I think lineage has been abandoned at this point. 18 is dead and in 19.1 they seem to address everything but a deal breaking bug in their updates.

I think lineage has been abandoned at this point. 18 is dead and in 19.1 they seem to address everything but a deal breaking bug in their updates.
We are just having a hard time reproducing the "black screen of death" error. That's all.

At the same time, OxygenOS 13 came out a few days ago, so we are waiting for OnePlus to release the kernel source code for that.

Olomorn

Apr 6, 2016
to anyone hesitating, the black screen bug doesn't affect every phones, and you might want to try the rom yourself to check if you have the bug or not
because apart from this one (really deal-breaking) bug, this is a wonderful rom and I am very grateful to the devs for doing this on their free time!
I myself experienced the bug a few times at first but then i did a complete wipe and everything works perfectly since.

Jun 27, 2021
We are just having a hard time reproducing the "black screen of death" error. That's all.

At the same time, OxygenOS 13 came out a few days ago, so we are waiting for OnePlus to release the kernel source code for that.
Released

https://github.com/OnePlusOSS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8350/tree/oneplus/sm8350_t_13.0.0_op9

Reactions: nmh5001

RobertDMR

Jun 22, 2014
I assume this is the right place to post, but apologies if it's not. I have an issue with my phone where it will very briefly flash at full brightness when the screen is going to sleep (almost always) and when turned off manually with the power button (rarely). I'm on the latest nightly of Lineage, but the issue was there from the initial installation. I don't know how to troubleshoot this. Anyone got any ideas?

Edit: Also, since I made this post, I added a tempered glass screen protector and that has reduced the sensitivity a lot. I looked for the "increase touch sensitivity" option in the settings and can't find it. Is that something that can be implemented?

Last edited:

Josh McGrath

Jan 16, 2013
OnePlus 9
Are you sure it isn't the fingerprint reader? Mine does that every single time I turn it off with the power button and I also have a tempered glass protector hmmm

Josh McGrath

Jan 16, 2013
OnePlus 9
So before switching roms, I decided to try what you had done and did a complete factory reset wipe via settings and surprise, the black screen of death hasn't happened even one time yet! It's only been 2 days but it would have happened 15 times by now normally. I'm liking this already.

So hopefully this will help others out there too

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
So before switching roms, I decided to try what you had done and did a complete factory reset wipe via settings and surprise, the black screen of death hasn't happened even one time yet! It's only been 2 days but it would have happened 15 times by now normally. I'm liking this already.

So hopefully this will help others out there too
But everyone that side loads Lineage starts fresh with data wipe? Now I'm confused as I'd love to run this daily damnit. Maybe it was just fixed in latest weekly you flashed. !! We can hope can't we?

Reactions: Josh McGrath

Josh McGrath

Jan 16, 2013
OnePlus 9
Yea, I did a clean wipe just like everyone else at initial install. My recommendation is to flash ROM, load to the OS like normal, then settings and factory reset. That way there is some data to erase

I'm on day 3 now and still have had zero black screen of death!

To clarify though, I had already updated to the latest weekly update and I still was having the BSOD

Last edited:
Yea, I did a clean wipe just like everyone else at initial install. My recommendation is to flash ROM, load to the OS like normal, then settings and factory reset. That way there is some data to erase

To clarify though, I had already updated to the latest weekly update and I still was having the BSOD
The black screen of death has been fixed (or at least it should be). The OOS 13 kernel made it very easy to reproduce the issue.

The fix will be included in the next update (December 11).

RobertDMR

Jun 22, 2014
Are you sure it isn't the fingerprint reader? Mine does that every single time I turn it off with the power button and I also have a tempered glass protector hmmm

Well, it could be related to that, but it's not like I'm using the fingerprint reader at those times, or even touching the screen at all. But, I did notice that when it flashes bright as it's turning off, it will disable the night filter (that is, the yellow tint is gone in that brief flash) which also happens when I do use the fingerprint reader. So, you may be on to something.

About the tempered glass protector, I ended up taking it off because the reduced sensitivity was driving me nuts. But, the problem was there from the initial LineageOS install back when I had the factory applied plastic protector still on.

On another note, I had the black screen bug happen to me for the first time ever last night. Very strange to not have it once in like a month and then all of a sudden. I'm glad it's being fixed, though. I didn't know that long-pressing the power button wouldn't turn it off and you need to volume buttons, too, so for a minute I thought the phone was just totally dead.

sinivalas23

Dec 16, 2011
PSA for newcomers to OP9: if OOS build C.66 has been installed (this is offered by OOS updater on at least LE25BA), LOS will fail to boot for unknown reasons. Recovery works, but actual OS will stay forever on the startup animation.

Easy workaround is to revert to C.63 blobs by using crDroid's fastboot firmware package.

Reactions: Olomorn and nmh5001

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Downloads:
    Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed.
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

The black screen of death has been fixed (or at least it should be). The OOS 13 kernel made it very easy to reproduce the issue.

The fix will be included in the next update (December 11).
    This section is for updating LineageOS. You must have your device connected to your computer to do this.

To update to newer builds of LineageOS 19.1, follow these steps (assuming you're already on LineageOS 19.1 or updating from LineageOS 19.0):

1. Reboot to recovery.
    2. Write down which slot you are currently on somewhere. You will need it in case the update does not boot correctly.
    3. Go to Apply Update > Apply from ADB, and use "adb sideload" to flash the newer build of LineageOS.
    4. If you installed Gapps or Magisk or any type of addon previously, go to Advanced > Reboot to recovery. Otherwise, select "Reboot system now".
    5. Go to Apply Update > Apply from ADB, and flash your modules the same way you flashed LineageOS.
    6. When you are done, select "Reboot system now".
    If an update does not boot, follow these steps:
    1. Reboot to bootloader. This can be done with "adb reboot bootloader".
    2. From there, use "fastboot --set-active=<slot>", replacing <slot> with the slot you were on previously.
    3. Reboot to system. You can just select "START" with the volume buttons and confirm by pressing the Power button.
    Starting this month, all builds that I upload will require OOS 12 firmware to boot. You must follow the instructions here BEFORE you can even update to these builds:

https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/lemonade/fw_update
    Make sure you also update the engineering_cdt partition while you do this.

After this, you must reboot into bootloader mode and flash the new recovery image, which I will also upload. From there, boot into recovery and flash the new build. If you had Gapps installed, reboot into recovery and flash them again.
    Anyone who is having issues with the black screen bug, test out the images in this ZIP and report back.

Includes this change: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_kernel_oneplus_sm8350/+/334681