Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][lemonade][13] LineageOS 20

Search This thread

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
In LineageOS (and other ROMs based on it) the default setting is that if there is no motion on screen for a few seconds, the refresh rate changes from 120Hz to 60Hz, hence there is a flicker momentarily every time it does that. By enabling Force Peak Refresh Rate, it is locked at 120Hz.
I see thank you. Im gonna guess, since I was at a webpage not moving when I saw it, that it can be triggered on and off by simple moving graphics.

Flashing Device Health also fixed it, and you dont need that setting enabled.

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
I see thank you. Im gonna guess, since I was at a webpage not moving when I saw it, that it can be triggered on and off by simple moving graphics.

Flashing Device Health also fixed it, and you dont need that setting enabled.
Locked at 120hz will eat the batt alive. I do believe on stock it fluctuates automatically also.

Guidosaur

Feb 1, 2017
Alright, I figured out the random brightness changes everyone lol. Installed Device Health Services from the play store and it didn't work. It turns out if you go to Display>Live Display either turn the setting to off or outdoors. The automatic setting is selected by default, and can put the brightness into overdrive if the sensor detects a bunch of sunlight. It doesn't work well on the auto setting at all though. Just pick off or on (outdoors) and it'll be set.

Reactions: Josh McGrath

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
Xposed edge top brightness slider solves all brightness issues imo (but that last one lol). Phones never have good AB. Even tweaked AB sensor values they have always sucked.

Guidosaur

Feb 1, 2017
Xposed edge top brightness slider solves all brightness issues imo (but that last one lol). Phones never have good AB. Even tweaked AB sensor values they have always sucked.
That's crazy Xposed still exists lol. I remember messing with that one my HTC M8 😭. But this brightness issue was that even with AB off completely, it would still keep changing the brightness.

• Haha
Reactions: shadabkiani

javi2246

Jul 22, 2022
No one has had any problems with the latest update (03/26)? It downloads, installs and stays in bootloop until it reboots 3 or 4 times and boots to the previous version. I have tried two or three times without success.

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
That's crazy Xposed still exists lol. I remember messing with that one my HTC M8 😭. But this brightness issue was that even with AB off completely, it would still keep changing the brightness.
Its usually Lsposed now, but the module is called xposed edge and I cant live without it. It gives you full button control, even shortcuts for volume buttons when phone is off. Power for torch, double up for tv volume, double down for smart device control.

Reactions: Guidosaur

Guidosaur

Feb 1, 2017
Its usually Lsposed now, but the module is called xposed edge and I cant live without it. It gives you full button control, even shortcuts for volume buttons when phone is off. Power for torch, double up for tv volume, double down for smart device control.
That's awesome. I've been wanting to change my volume down from rewind to play/pause but I haven't been able to find a way to do so

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
Its definitely your answer. Its really well developed, stable and maintained. I wouldn't recommend straight up xposed modules usually, but this one is really nice and all I use. There is a lot to it too, like per app disable control, gestures, schedules...

For what I stated above though, you (or at least I) needed tasker, as you need it to turn on the display, then open whatever app... Then you make the shortcut to the task.

There is also back up settings, which you will want to do after you find out that setting up app state is no joke, and you can set it up for both focus and opened states to turn off\restore key control. Its a pain, but it does not fail. (like for emulators, you can relenquish control to system and back for volume or to program a volume button in the emulator).

PS: Check out the top edge\status bar slider for brightness (or whatever). It destroys what gravitybox had on 11 with "status bar brightness slider." So much better!

shadabkiani

Mar 2, 2018
Pakistan
HTC 10
OnePlus 9
Locked at 120hz will eat the batt alive. I do believe on stock it fluctuates automatically also.
I haven't tested on stock. But on LineageOS, I haven't noticed any high battery drain. It's the same as that setting disabled. Also, it doesn't stay at 60Hz for long. As soon as you tap the screen, or if there is even as slightest a motion as network speed activity, it will shoot back upto 120Hz. This would only help if you do reading on your phone for long periods without touching screen. You can test this by also enabling Show Refresh Rate setting in Developers Options. Also, enabling Force Peak Refresh Rate doesn't mean the display is locked at 120Hz permanently. Some apps and games I play don't support 120Hz, so as soon as I open them, display locks at 60Hz despite the peak refresh rate setting.

Reactions: TimmyP

dimoochka

Oct 9, 2014
No one has had any problems with the latest update (03/26)? It downloads, installs and stays in bootloop until it reboots 3 or 4 times and boots to the previous version. I have tried two or three times without success.
I had a boot loop issue after upgrading. It was related to an incompatible Magisk module that I had to update. Try to boot into safe mode.

Reactions: javi2246

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
I haven't tested on stock. But on LineageOS, I haven't noticed any high battery drain. It's the same as that setting disabled. Also, it doesn't stay at 60Hz for long. As soon as you tap the screen, or if there is even as slightest a motion as network speed activity, it will shoot back upto 120Hz. This would only help if you do reading on your phone for long periods without touching screen. You can test this by also enabling Show Refresh Rate setting in Developers Options. Also, enabling Force Peak Refresh Rate doesn't mean the display is locked at 120Hz permanently. Some apps and games I play don't support 120Hz, so as soon as I open them, display locks at 60Hz despite the peak refresh rate setting.
Thats what was causing it for me. The network counter. Was not doing it on stock rom. I could be sitting in a menu not moving, and it would slightly flicker to *slightly new colors.

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
Enjoying the nightly builds for sure sturdy
And stable . Has anyone found a 3rd party launcher that works without breaking recents or home button? Lawnchair still stuck on alpha 4 they have had for months.
The home button seems to work in Nova, but there is no timing to it. I noticed this as soon as I upgrade from A11.

You can use Xposed edge pro to set a bottom center edge press that makes it work like it did in A11. Just give it a shot, its actually slightly better imo. Much easier to use.

*and i swear im not trying to simp or anything for this module. I will state, however, that it seems to be far beyond any other module Ive ever used in every aspect. Its almost unbelievable that it works so well.

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
The home button seems to work in Nova, but there is no timing to it. I noticed this as soon as I upgrade from A11.

You can use Xposed edge pro to set a bottom center edge press that makes it work like it did in A11. Just give it a shot, its actually slightly better imo. Much easier to use.

*and i swear im not trying to simp or anything for this module. I will state, however, that it seems to be far beyond any other module Ive ever used in every aspect. Its almost unbelievable that it works so well.
I've tried many today. Just gonna use lawnchair latest dev build. Recents won't change through quick switch yet. But everything works. I love my device again. I'll post some battery stats soon. Using blu_spark kernel.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230331-131323_Lawnchair.png
    Screenshot_20230331-131323_Lawnchair.png
    387.3 KB · Views: 43
Reactions: TimmyP

TimmyP

Mar 5, 2008
Nice! I might give that kernel a shot soon. I love this device too. Just remember if you ever want to try a new launcher, try that module. I actually just tried this because your comment made me wonder if home is working right, since it was kinda strange behaving.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Uhm, all links to firmware on https://lineageosroms.com/lemonade/ are either "not found" or "403 forbidden".
    This is not the official site. And all the builds there are so outdated.

The official link is in the first post. Here it is again:

Secondly, separate firmware flashing is not needed anymore. The latest builds' ROM zips include the firmware. Just flash the boot.img, vendor_boot.img, dtbo.img from bootloader. Then boot to recovery. Wipe data/factory reset. Then sideload ROM zip. After that, if you want to install GApps as well, then you MUST select reboot to recovery, then sideload GApps zip.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:
    Downloads:
    GPL compliance:
    Reporting Bugs:
    • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed.
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Both OP9 and OP9Pro builds have been temporarily halted because of the binder issue. Builds will resume once it is fixed.
    Anyone got a g-cam they can't live without on this device they could share. ?
    About GCam, I use this one :

or
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/eric-lev/files/GCam/OP9/
    Or one of my previous post
    Is this an official bug report to lineage? Because I really don't think Androifrk looks at thread. Or he started thread unofficial way back when and it went official. Not sure . Really wanna daily drive this though. Thought maybe would be fixed in 3/12 . I also though it was kernel side issue ,flashing latest blu_spark does not fix issue . Just really used to feature from running stock.
    I am aware of this issue and am looking into it. I've just been busy with other things.

For now, just use single tap, since the kernel currently reports double tap as two single taps instead.
    Installing LineageOS 20 via the official guide without any problem on my OnePlus 9 (LE2115) ... and everything works like a charm ... OP9/LOS20 is my daily driver !

My setup : latest build + MindTheGapps + ih8sn (to bypass Safetynet attestation without Magisk - see screenshots)

My GCam : https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-hasli/f/dl11/
    My config file : https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/p/f/2023/01/Arcide-LMC8.4-OP9P-v7.1.xml
    Source: https://t.me/op9_xmls/73
    Tip: It is recommended to use Google Photos instead of the stock gallery.

Thanks @andr01dfr3ak !