• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][lemonadep][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread
Hi,
Thanks for all, almost everything works fine (the camera problems are somewhat solved with Google Camera).
However, the notification and ringtone sounds are buggy. It sometimes work fine, but most of the time there's no sound from notifications nor ringtones (I do miss lots of calls). When I try to change these sounds, there's no sound played when I select a new one. The button click sound does work fine.
Does anyone knows something about this ? Sorry if it's a know bug...
I've added some stuff from logcat when I select new sounds (notification/ringtone) from the settings. (Please tell if it needs sanitization !)

While watching the log, NotificationService looks fine when receiving a SMS (granting content://media...&canonical=1) BUT sometimes there's an Error in audio_hw_utils (send_app_type_cfg_for_device: Could not get ctl for mixer cmd - Audio Stream Capture 32 App Type Cfg).

Looks like an old problem as it was sometimes reported on older phones and older LOS releases.

Hope this helps, thanks very much :)

* System : Lineage OS 18.1, latest nightly (2021/09/07) with Nebrassy's TWRP 3.5.2 + latest Magisk.

Attachments

• logcat_09-08-2021_14-21-50.txt
    167.2 KB · Views: 2

russiandivxclub

Feb 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Quick question guys I am having a problem installing OS

Here are my steps:

1. Activated Developer mode
  2. OEM Unlocking = on
  3. USB debugging = on
  4. Unlocked Bootloader (everything got erased)
The phone rebooted and on the activation screen, I restarted and went into bootloader fastboot devices correctly showing me oneplus 9 pro serial

The next step is to boot into recovery:

fastboot flash boot recovery.img

fastboot: error: boot partition is smaller than boot image

What I am missing, thanks !

PS I am NOT flashing the whole build by mistake I am flashing lineage-18.1-20210907-recovery-lemonadep.img that is renamed to recovery.img

Thanks guys.

Quick question guys I am having a problem installing OS

Here are my steps:

1. Activated Developer mode
  2. OEM Unlocking = on
  3. USB debugging = on
  4. Unlocked Bootloader (everything got erased)
The phone rebooted and on the activation screen, I restarted and went into bootloader fastboot devices correctly showing me oneplus 9 pro serial

The next step is to boot into recovery:

fastboot flash boot recovery.img

fastboot: error: boot partition is smaller than boot image

What I am missing, thanks !

PS I am NOT flashing the whole build by mistake I am flashing lineage-18.1-20210907-recovery-lemonadep.img that is renamed to recovery.img

Thanks guys.
Hi,
You might try with TWRP, but at first don't forget to sideload the copy-partitions patch from the pre-install instructions on the official Wiki (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/lemonadep/install). It's a must to follow all the steps from the Wiki.
But if you have a partition problem, that's very important to fix it before attempting anything (ie. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/solve-fastboot-error-the-boot-partition-is-too-smaller.4258251/).

russiandivxclub

Feb 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Hi,
You might try with TWRP, but at first don't forget to sideload the copy-partitions patch from the pre-install instructions on the official Wiki (https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/lemonadep/install). It's a must to follow all the steps from the Wiki.
But if you have a partition problem, that's very important to fix it before attempting anything (ie. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/solve-fastboot-error-the-boot-partition-is-too-smaller.4258251/).
TWRP worked. Everything seems to be working just fine. Still, don't understand what's happening with lineageos recovery.

Thanks !

Hi,
Thanks for all, almost everything works fine (the camera problems are somewhat solved with Google Camera).
However, the notification and ringtone sounds are buggy. It sometimes work fine, but most of the time there's no sound from notifications nor ringtones (I do miss lots of calls). When I try to change these sounds, there's no sound played when I select a new one. The button click sound does work fine.
Does anyone knows something about this ? Sorry if it's a know bug...
I've added some stuff from logcat when I select new sounds (notification/ringtone) from the settings. (Please tell if it needs sanitization !)

While watching the log, NotificationService looks fine when receiving a SMS (granting content://media...&canonical=1) BUT sometimes there's an Error in audio_hw_utils (send_app_type_cfg_for_device: Could not get ctl for mixer cmd - Audio Stream Capture 32 App Type Cfg).

Looks like an old problem as it was sometimes reported on older phones and older LOS releases.

Hope this helps, thanks very much :)

* System : Lineage OS 18.1, latest nightly (2021/09/07) with Nebrassy's TWRP 3.5.2 + latest Magisk.
Somewhat solved (to test) - after a full recovery it was the same, but I used to use VIBRONS software (for custom vibration patterns), and that would be the problem. Removed, and sound is back, looks a known problem with this app. Sorry for trouble !

xerves78

Dec 6, 2015
NRW
why only minimum 60Hz refresh and not min. 1Hz like the stock ?
it saves energy

and can i unlock the screen directly with fingerprint without press power button first ?

Jan 4, 2013
@LuK1337 Sorry to ask you directly but do you (or anyone else) have any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

PS C:\Users\Jay\Desktop\platform-toolz> adb reboot bootloader
PS C:\Users\Jay\Desktop\platform-toolz> fastboot flash boot lineage-18.1-20210914-recovery-lemonadep.img
target reported max download size of 805306368 bytes
sending 'boot' (196608 KB)...
OKAY [ 4.317s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.588s]
finished. total time: 4.936s
PS C:\Users\Jay\Desktop\platform-toolz> adb sideload copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip
serving: 'copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip' (~47%) * failed to read command:
PS C:\Users\Jay\Desktop\platform-toolz> adb sideload lineage-18.1-20210914-nightly-lemonadep-signed.zip
serving: 'lineage-18.1-20210914-nightly-lemonadep-signed.zip' (~0%) * failed to read command:
PS C:\Users\Jay\Desktop\platform-toolz>

Getting this and a couple of other errors whenever trying to flash my device since it returned from RMA...

Have tried different cables, 2 Win10 computers and a Ubuntu la[top each time I get errors and have to MSM back to stock and start over...

androidfilesharing

Mar 3, 2014
HTTP 404
@LuK1337 Sorry to ask you directly but do you (or anyone else) have any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

PS C:\Users\Jay\Desktop\platform-toolz> adb reboot bootloader
PS C:\Users\Jay\Desktop\platform-toolz> fastboot flash boot lineage-18.1-20210914-recovery-lemonadep.img
target reported max download size of 805306368 bytes
sending 'boot' (196608 KB)...
OKAY [ 4.317s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 0.588s]
finished. total time: 4.936s
PS C:\Users\Jay\Desktop\platform-toolz> adb sideload copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip
serving: 'copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip' (~47%) * failed to read command:
PS C:\Users\Jay\Desktop\platform-toolz> adb sideload lineage-18.1-20210914-nightly-lemonadep-signed.zip
serving: 'lineage-18.1-20210914-nightly-lemonadep-signed.zip' (~0%) * failed to read command:
PS C:\Users\Jay\Desktop\platform-toolz>

Getting this and a couple of other errors whenever trying to flash my device since it returned from RMA...

Have tried different cables, 2 Win10 computers and a Ubuntu la[top each time I get errors and have to MSM back to stock and start over...
Are your platform tools up-to-date?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Y'all just gonna let this dude come in here and lie?
    Yes.
    I'm having the same issue. It doesn't seem to cause a problem, just a very minor inconvenience.
    Someone on reddit said that because lineageos is a unified build they put "general" model numbers because all of them basically the same spec units that may have different OEM firmware. Basically, when going back it's important to select proper original OEM firmware but when using lineageos it's not and as long it's supported it'll just work. So no worries and disregard the incorrect model.
    Btw why do you want to switch to LOS? It's not better than LOS. Unlike dead Cyanogenmod, LOS has no any additional features or additions.

And you are getting worse launcher + worse camera app + some things not working.
    Disclaimer : sorry if this does not work for you ! It works for me but the update is a bit tricky...

Just a small reminder for people trying to upgrade with TWRP : the LineageOS (both OTA and direct download) WILL reinstall the LineageOS recovery, whatever you tell the system not to do it. So, if your are upgrading, don't forget the following :
    * Place on the internal storage the LineageOS rom, and if you use them, the latest Magisk APK (or the APK renamed to ZIP), and the latest OpenGApps/MindTheGapps. This will prevent you from using adb sideload...
    * Backup everything. I backup data, system, boot... from TWRP and I use ad pull "sdcard" too... :)
    * If you're using Magisk and hiding it by renaming the package, flashing Magisk might be useless ; when you'll reboot, it will say it lost the root and needs to patch a file to root again. If so, try to reinstall the Magisk software from Android, then reflash the APK from TWRP. Once you're back in Android, Magisk should allow you to "direct install (recommended)". Itmight be a good idea to disable the package renaming before updating the system.

* Update from TWRP only (and not the OTA), because you'll have the option "Automatically Reflash TWRP after flashing a ROM." If you don't, you will have to reflash TWRP using Installation method of the official thread (fastboot boot twrp.img then Flash Current TWRP from Advanced menu) - Reminder : NEVER try to flash anything if you missed the "Decrypt data" prompt...
    * Once done, wipe Dalvik, and reboot to recovery (not system !!!)
    * Flash the Magisk APK/ZIP (I need some help for that point, it makes the root weird)
    * Flash Open GApps or Mind The Gapps if you were using it.
    * Wipe Dalvik, and reboot the system... Hoping it will get you back home safely :)

If you don't flash Magisk or the GApps, LineageOS will probably not boot.
    Hope this helps !
    Alright, thanks. Then it seems opencamera works fine.

Can't answer this question. The first thing I do after buying a new phone is los installing :)

Here are the changes I made for opencamera if somebody is interested: https://github.com/kurnevsky/opencamera-oneplus9pro/commit/cdc76a252dcfc940107862978fed3530aeb3a0cd
    My first thing also :).
    Thank you for modifying opencamera, but I have no plan how to install it.
    Can you explain it :) ?
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Yes.
    Anyone know why the builds are still called "nightly" when you're lucky if you get more than one a week now?
    There's always night somewhere in the world during the time they are compiled.
    I noticed something in the wiki instructions. I think there's a mistake in section:
    View attachment 5381189
    To temporarily boot into Lineage Recovery it should be:
    Fastboot boot <recovery_filename>.img
    Please correct me if I'm mistaken @LuK1337
    This is not a mistake.
    Working great on my LE2127. Yes after first flash, you will need to flash tmo modem. Runs great, just can't get gapps to side load...
    You need to flash the MindTheGApps package in this order:
    - Factory reset
    - Flash Lineage OS
    - Reboot to Recovery
    - Flash MindTheGApps
    - Reboot

Starting Lineage before flashing gapps could cause issues