Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][lemonadep][12] LineageOS 19

Search This thread

LuK1337

Recognized Developer
Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S III I9300
Moto G 2014
I can't speak for LuK1337, but I would imagine that unless a feature (like face unlock) is something that's destined to be implemented on all devices, it's not going to show up in an official LOS build. To date, the only time a special feature appears on LOS is if a device have a unique hardware feature (like a fingerprint sensor or, in the case of OnePlus phones, an alert slider) that needs to be supported. So, unless face unlocking is a hardware-specific feature (I don't know, I never really looked at it), I wouldn't expect to see it on stock LOS any time soon. You'd have to use a custom ROM that provides support for it, or worse, return to OxygenOS. ;)
Real face unlock (android.hardware.biometrics.face) is device specific, and OnePlus only started implementing that with OnePlus 10 series. Prior to that, they used some custom software only implementation which was likely not that secure...
Not sure about other ROMs here, but I remember that some of them were using face detection code that they had no redistribution rights for, see: https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/master/2020/05/2020-05-05-Megvii.md. It's likely they are still doing that, but just moved code away from GitHub.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJPollard and alb94

@AdairJunior

May 27, 2011
Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
I'm sorry for asking, but I didn't find an answer on the LineageOS Wiki.

I've decided to move to an A12 custom ROM but I'd like to keep:
- Root
- Widwvine L1
- HDR support
- Google Pay

Can I have all of that on Lineage?

alb94

Dec 21, 2016
Real face unlock (android.hardware.biometrics.face) is device specific, and OnePlus only started implementing that with OnePlus 10 series. Prior to that, they used some custom software only implementation which was likely not that secure...
Not sure about other ROMs here, but I remember that some of them were using face detection code that they had no redistribution rights for, see: https://github.com/github/dmca/blob/master/2020/05/2020-05-05-Megvii.md. It's likely they are still doing that, but just moved code away from GitHub.
I am a layman in many matters of this nature. Hence the question about the possibility of being included in the ROM. But now I understand. It's a shame, I really liked LOS. I want to make it clear that the problem is due to the banking app update. Maybe in the future they'll change, and with that I'll be able to use LOS again. Cheers to everyone.

apols

Feb 1, 2011
So I bought the "OnePlus 9 Pro 5G Unlocked Pine Green 12 GB RAM + 256 GB Storage" directly from OnePlus for the US market and immediately installed LineageOS 18.1. From what I understand I need to go back to OxygenOS and ultimately get to 12 before I can install LineageOS 19.1 due to qualcom firmware.

Here's my confusion:
1) My build number in the OS shows LE2123, however the sticker shows LE2125, so I'm not sure which version to go with.
2) I see that the firmware offered in the MSM Unbrick tool thread (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/op9pro-repository-of-msm-unbrick-tools-tmo-eu-glo-in.4272549/) is 11.x. Do I need to go back to 11.x and let OnePlus update my phone to 12.x OTA, or can I find the latest stock 12.x firmware and go directly there?

3) Is there a better way to return to stock (or direct to OxygenOS 12) since I already have an unlocked bootloader and recovery?

apols

Feb 1, 2011
Well, I ended up using MSM to downgrade to OOS 11.x, then let it upgrade through 3 versions to the latest 12.x release. I used the lineageOS install tutorial to get it back to the 19.1 Aug 6th release of the LineageOS version bundled with microg. The first time around I also did an adb sideload of the latest magisk right after installing. First boot went fine, but the touch screen was unresponsive. Several reboots yielded the same thing. I ended up factory wiping and doing the lineageOS install again but didn't bother with Magisk and got it to boot normally. Everything is setup now but I really would like to try magisk again, just worried I'll have to spend hours redoing it all if the touchscreen fails again.

dadix98

Mar 16, 2013
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hello @LuK1337, I was wondering what happened to the weekly release, wasn't it supposed to go live today? Sorry for the question, just wondering if there's a pause period or something happened.

Znil

Sep 6, 2010
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 9 Pro
I just ordered the oneplus 9 pro, coming from a oneplus 6 with LineageOS and planning to put LineageOS on my new phone. I just have a general question. I've read that the snapdragon 888 can run quite hot and sometimes overheats. Does this issue exist in this rom?

Psk.It

Mar 6, 2016
I just ordered the oneplus 9 pro, coming from a oneplus 6 with LineageOS and planning to put LineageOS on my new phone. I just have a general question. I've read that the snapdragon 888 can run quite hot and sometimes overheats. Does this issue exist in this rom?
I have tried some of the roms for "lemonadep" since i dislike Oxygen.
Lineage does not warm on normal usage
but in any case all is related to your usage (gaming will)

Psk.It

Mar 6, 2016
How severe is the issue while gaming? I was thinking to do some game streaming trough moonlight, run some emulators for older consoles etc.
I don't know
but gaming leverages on GPU and top frequency of cpu, so it's quite normal the 888 processore to get warm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not sure if this is an issue with others, but my bluetooth audio for phone calls post 19.1.x is full of crackles and dropouts/disconnects. Bluetooth streaming of audio (like music/podcasts) to the same receiver works perfectly.

Same here. Wish I knew if this was being worked on. Gonna just cross my fingers and hope we see a fix at some point.

{Mod edit: Quoted post has been deleted - Oswald Boelcke}
    Brilliant suggestion on a thread devoted to LineageOS. :rolleyes:
    Same here. Wish I knew if this was being worked on. Gonna just cross my fingers and hope we see a fix at some point.

Brilliant suggestion on a thread devoted to LineageOS. :rolleyes:

Everything else seems to work quite well... hopefully awareness of the issue means there might be a fix later on.
    Have a nice day @LuK1337, have a one question for you, after successful porting OOS Camera app (Oxygen C63) for OnePlus 9 Pro. Do you planned implement in LineageOS build OOS Camera in future?
    Latest build shuts down on startup for me (first com.android.phone crashes, then the phone shuts down/restarts)
    Okay I managed to downgrade back to the previous build but now my mobile data is broken (at least I can now back up everything)
    rm -rf /data/property then reboot.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    This is pretty ****ing huge
    Didn't notice mic volume issue some people are reporting since i don't use voip or whatsapp voice.

I think you can dirty flash nightly but be aware if your testing the new experimental build.

As LuK1337 mentioned.
    "exp builds don't support OTA updates, so you'll have to manually go back to this/next nightly build after testing.
    Everyone with mic issues just disappeared as soon as I dropped that build.
    Unlike other AOSP 12 ROMs, does it have to be on the latest version of oos12 ?
    Yes! It's higlighted on lineage instructions page:

WARNING: Before following these instructions please ensure that the device is currently using Android 12 firmware.
    If the vendor provided multiple updates for that version, e.g. security updates, make sure you are on the latest!
    If your current installation is newer or older than Android 12, please up- or downgrade to the required version before proceeding (guides can be found on the internet!).

[SOURCE: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/lemonadep/install]
    Added flashing dtbo to wiki ^.^