Development [ROM][OFFICIAL][lemonadep][13] LineageOS 20

Search This thread

belblade

Aug 13, 2010
i have clean installed LOS 20 on my 9 pro and most things work great but a few things i have noticed:

• firefox gives a crash notification and/or black screen almost every time i open it : i have to either refresh or force close and restart the app for it to work again
  • pictures with either the built in camera app or with LMC come out a lot blurrier than stock OOS, what am i missing here? is there a specific setting i need to change or??? I knew there would be a difference but it's really very noticeable...
  • 5g seems to be mostly miss, don't have it at home but when i was in a big city it showed 5g but i didn't actually have data until i manually switched to 4g
  • videos / gifs (on eg reddit app) usually freeze/don't start until i force close the app and reload the post... then it works fine again

JSilver2021

Sep 18, 2021
@LuK1337
Unusual issue I have noticed for the past 2 versions on Google Apps. After about 8 - 10 hours of LOS20 running, it appears that the Google background account service fails or stops. All Google Apps can no longer get to My Account settings. I have been playing with this trying to determine what is failing and have yet to determine what is causing the stop. The only recovery I have found so far is Reboot the phone.

Edited: I have found that if I go into Settings > Passwords & Accounts > Accounts : Google; if I select the Google Account (like I would go to manage it) this seems to restart the Google Background Services. I am just unsure as to which one is stopping.

LineageOS version: 20-20230110-NIGHTLY-lemonadep
Gapps version: MindTheGapps-13.0.0-arm64-20221025_100653.zip

Wiped the phone and re-setup all apps and services

Everything is Stock LOS other than running NOVA as launcher.

Last edited:

xerves78

Dec 6, 2015
NRW
i have clean installed LOS 20 on my 9 pro and most things work great but a few things i have noticed:

• firefox gives a crash notification and/or black screen almost every time i open it : i have to either refresh or force close and restart the app for it to work again
  • pictures with either the built in camera app or with LMC come out a lot blurrier than stock OOS, what am i missing here? is there a specific setting i need to change or??? I knew there would be a difference but it's really very noticeable...
  • 5g seems to be mostly miss, don't have it at home but when i was in a big city it showed 5g but i didn't actually have data until i manually switched to 4g
  • videos / gifs (on eg reddit app) usually freeze/don't start until i force close the app and reload the post... then it works fine again
i have this bugs not on my 9 pro with the newest update

no crashes in firefox, use it hours a day
i have always mobile data with 5g setting
videos run perfect without freezes

Nouty

Aug 14, 2015
Is it possible to add an option to place the clock in the center of the status bar? I think it's much prettier and makes better use of the space. Thanks!

osm0sis

Senior Recognized Developer / Contributor
Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
Is it possible to add an option to place the clock in the center of the status bar? I think it's much prettier and makes better use of the space. Thanks!
There already is one. Search settings for clock position.

Something that is missing is an option to only show battery percentage when the quick settings pulldown is visible; looks like Android 13 made percentage visibility all-or-nothing, so a specific setting option to restore the previous behavior would be great!

Nouty

Aug 14, 2015
There already is one. Search settings for clock position.

Something that is missing is an option to only show battery percentage when the quick settings pulldown is visible; looks like Android 13 made percentage visibility all-or-nothing, so a specific setting option to restore the previous behavior would be great!
It is true! This time I verified that the clock setting in the center disappears when I configure the traffic monitor before the clock. The traffic monitor is in the worst possible position. It would be interesting if the icons changed position according to the priority or updating of the icons.

So I leave here my request to review this configuration on the Oneplus 9 Pro as there seems to be enough space in the notifications bar to group the clock in the center together with the traffic monitor on the right.

Last edited:
Reactions: ipdev

osm0sis

Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
I'm experiencing same issues as others. Also found similar issues on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/10752wq https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/109zec6
Play Services are wonky.
Media playback stops working, force closing and restarting the app works as a workaround.
Keyboard stops working in Mull after some time.
I can confirm media playback issues in specifically Photos. Sometimes there's no sound but muting and unmuting in the app gets it going, then if it will only show as loading then Force close.

Worse is Android Auto. Sometimes it shows a black screen and only a reboot will get it working; Other times, periodically but frequently, music shows playing but is inaudible, but pressing a phone volume button gets it going. Seems like a Bluetooth volume/handover issue.

Edit: Trying the latest Android Auto beta from apkmirror now to see if it helps.

Last edited:

Cmindo

Jul 29, 2016
I can confirm media playback issues in specifically Photos. Sometimes there's no sound but muting and unmuting in the app gets it going, then if it will only show as loading then Force close.

Worse is Android Auto. Sometimes it shows a black screen and only a reboot will get it working; Other times, only periodically, music shows playing but is inaudible, but pressing a phone volume button gets it going. Seems like a Bluetooth volume/handover issue.

Had the black screen issue with Android Auto as well... only way I could fix it is by clearing App storage and cache. Not sure if this is an issue with LAOS or MindtheGapps though.

Reactions: ipdev and osm0sis

osm0sis

Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
Had the black screen issue with Android Auto as well... only way I could fix it is by clearing App storage and cache. Not sure if this is an issue with LAOS or MindtheGapps though.
Just Android Auto storage/cache? I'm starting to worry LOS20 might require a data wipe to function well. Curious if anyone sees the same issues with a clean flash.

(I know a clean flash on upgrade is already best practice, but there ARE dirty update instructions on the Lineage Wiki, so this IS all worth discussing. 😉)

Last edited:

MoeQyu

Jul 2, 2021
tl:tr
I lost Google Play Services after the OTA update. All Google apps are crashing and every few minutes a pop-up appears saying: Google Play Services keep stopping.

Context
• I'm on a fresh LOS20 install for more than a week
• Google apps were working fine because I followed the instructions on the LOS page (including flashing GAPPS before the first restart)
• This evening I received the OTA and I downloaded and installed it
• Before restarting I opened Magisk to install to the inactive slot (after OTA)
• Magisk asked me to reboot, and I did
• Then the problem appeared
• Tried installing Google Play Services apk and wiping the storage/cache and still no luck

Please help

Last edited:

Umgak

Nov 24, 2017
Also experiencing this issue. Tried a wipe, no dice. I get a crash notification and then have no keyboard input anywhere but the url field.

Sep 7, 2017
I'm experiencing same issues as others. Also found similar issues on reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/10752wq https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/109zec6
Play Services are wonky.
Media playback stops working, force closing and restarting the app works as a workaround.
Keyboard stops working in Mull after some time.
Play Services is fine, probably because of OTA issue, you need into Recovery flash gapp.zip again.

But media playback probrem has been bothering me for a long time. and yes, in Firefox/Fennc/Mull, Keyboard unable to type on the webpage except for the address bar, occurring at the same time as the playback issue, I think maybe is the same issue.

I'm wondering why only some people have these problems, what am I missing?

VelosterM14

EDIT: Updated one last time for some more details.

SUSPECTED PROBLEMS WITH LOS20/ANDROID 13 CERT STORE / USER INSTALLED CERTIFICATES

We don't install any google on our LOS devices, so I can't comment on those problems in LOS 20.0, but we are having a hell of time with our email and the LOS20/Android 13 certificate store / user credentials fritzing out, requiring frequent reboot to fix for a little while.

Since we got onto LOS20/Android 13 a few days ago, FairEmail runs fine for a few hours but always eventually ends up unable to sync/read/access our (Courier) IMAP mailboxes and/or send emails to/through our (Postfix) SMTP server. These are 2 separate problems that affect FairEmail on a per-account basis, ie, I have 3 email accts set up in my FairEmail, my wife has one acct set up on hers.

Any one of my 3 accts may be the one to start acting up, and once it does, whichever service (IMAP or SMTP), you won't get that service for that acct working right again until you reboot the phone. And eventually both services for each account set up will fail. Same on her phone with only 1 acct set up.

The error msgs in FairEmail especially in IMAP indicate client TLS cert required (because this is how we run our servers, it keeps a lot of riff-raff out). In other words, FairEmail is not sending the client cert, so the IMAP server is refusing the client. The error msgs when trying to send emails (SMTP) aren't immediately obvious to be due to no client cert presented, but the restrictions the errmsgs are about "kick in" because no client cert was presented (you are treated like joe public and we are very, very picky).

It's all about the client certs, which I am storing in the user credentials/cert store on our phones. We've been running this way for years and NEVER seen anything like this until this past week.

Once we start seeing problems with FairEmail IMAP sync or sending emails because of the certs, other issues show up when in the user credentials section of the Security settings such as: can't view the list of user installed certs, it crashes or just returns you back to previous menu. You also won't be able to successfully add another cert or delete one from the user certificates store.

I think what's happening, or something like it, is that the certificate store is getting "jammed up" somehow where FairEmail can't read the cert anymore, and once that happens, that service on that acct stops working. Others on the same phone follow the longer you let it go before rebooting.

This all goes away (for a little while) when you reboot.

EDIT: For clarity/detail, the same client cert is used for IMAP and SMTP client auth from the same phone, one client cert per phone, regardless of how many accts are set up in the email app to use that phone's issued client cert.

Over the last couple weeks we have upgraded from 18.1 -> 19.1 and then 19.1 -> 20.0. Dirty flashed to 19.1, and were mostly happy except some weirdness with rapid charging. This and couple other minor things made me decide that to get to 20.0, I would to back up our apps and contacts etc. with Migrate 4 NG, dirty flash from 19.1 -> 20.0 and then factory reset/wipe data, then restore from Migrate backups with Migrate Flasher.

I've had some interaction with the author of FairEmail but he hasn't changed the SSL/TLS code lately and I am more apt to believe this is a problem with cert store in Android 13 / LOS20 right now.

Just in case anybody else seeing anything similar with user installed certs/credentials.

Again, no google here.

Last edited:

jamiexx

Apr 21, 2017
I can confirm, as someone running a clean install:

• Video playback stops working after a while (for example in Relay for Reddit), forcing to close and re-open the app
  • Firefox crashes on open, showing a notification for it, but still opening up fine after displaying the notification. As a workaround I have disabled crash notifications for Firefox (although this is just sweeping the problem under the rug)
  • Keyboard stops working in apps after a while. I've mostly noticed this in Firefox

I also seem to have an issue where I can't pick up phone calls. When someone calls me, my phone starts vibrating and ringing like normal, except the phone call does not show up on my phone. No notification, nothing on the display, even if I open the phone app as the phone is ringing. I have to let it go to missed calls at which point it appears in the phone app and I can call back. This is quite a significant bug that wasn't present in the previous LOS.

VelosterM14

Question:
Since at this time there was (?maybe?) not a firmware change included in LOS 20.0 builds released so far, is there a chance of maybe going back to 19.1 just flashing the latest 19.1 build and wiping data?

I don't want to do that but if trying a couple more things doesn't help I am probably going to have to go back. I've already replaced certs and (it was time to anyway) created a new CA setup, it didn't help.

Have never seen this kind of trouble before and I'm not convinced it is FairEmail (has been working just fine prior to the last couple weeks). Will do some debug logging of that as well before blaming it.

Thanks
VelosterM14

Last edited:

VelosterM14

Question:
Since at this time there was (?maybe?) not a firmware change included in LOS 20.0 builds released so far, is there a chance of maybe going back to 19.1 just flashing the latest 19.1 build and wiping data?
Anyone? From RTFM'ing I know normally we would need to MSM back to an older release first, but this seems like it could be a corner case where just flashing last 19.1 build and wiping data might be enough.

I probably need to learn my way around MSM anyway but if I dont have to right now, that would be ok too. :)

Thanks

osm0sis

Mar 14, 2012
Halifax
GT-i9250
Google Nexus 4
Anyone? From RTFM'ing I know normally we would need to MSM back to an older release first, but this seems like it could be a corner case where just flashing last 19.1 build and wiping data might be enough.

I probably need to learn my way around MSM anyway but if I dont have to right now, that would be ok too. :)
I'd be worried the decryption key would have been updated for Android 13, so a downgrade could result in being unable to decrypt and require a data format.

Otherwise I'm tempted to do this myself, since Android Auto, Digital Wellbeing, Photos, Messages/Carrier Services (RCS), Keep and Calendar all are behaving weirdly and require a Force Stop to continue working every few hours/days.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 13, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Instructions :
    Downloads :
    GPL compliance :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /sys/fs/pstore/console-ramoops and /sys/fs/pstore/dmesg-ramoops-0. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:
    Some news regarding this longstanding problem and the fix described below:

New suggestion from LuK1337 in the issue thread here
    Code:
    adb shell settings put global cached_apps_freezer disabled
    or I guess the equivalent setting in developer options. Remember to reboot after changing it.
    I'm trying it myself now, will update in a day or two with results...

Edit: 12h in... I'm 99% sure this has solved the issue. Have not experienced Firefox crash message, Firefox input failure, media playback failure or games failing to load, all of which happened pretty reliably previously.

According to the LOS Gerrit, this change has been merged into android_kernel_oneplus_sm8350. Also, the changes to move the OP9Pro to the OOS 13 firmware and binaries (in the kernel, android_device_oneplus_lemonadep, and android_device_oneplus_sm8350-common) are in the process of being incorporated (some have already been merged, others are still in code review). That should mean that when OP9Pro releases resume, it'll be with the requirement to finally update the necessary firmware to LE2125_11.F.20. And the peasants... rejoiced. 😁
    Thank you for your work so far, and will there be any support plans in the future😉
    Depends on the outcome of this comment - https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/5384#note_1284136018
    Thanks, yep been reading up on MSM tool. I used to be a big fan of TWRP when we were running with LG V20 and earlier days but seems like there are still various problems and gotchas with it for OP9Pro. Magisk doesn't play nice, or it does if you hold your mouth this way while you flash, etc.

So we've stuck with Lineage recovery on this device. I do have good memories of TWRP though and hope it fully gets there someday for OnePlus 9Pro.

Thanks for responses - appreciate it!
    Just for future reference, Android 12-13 TWRP is pretty much feature complete for OP9x: https://xdaforums.com/t/recovery-3-7-0-12-1-unofficial-twrp-with-a12-a13-encryption-support.4523857/

Will be made official soon. @der_akinator has done an amazing job, and in a remarkably short amount of time!
    Okay, for those of you who'd like to switch back to LineageOS 19.1 until these problems are resolved (or just want to stay on 19.1 for whatever reason), I built an unofficial release right after the February ASB patches were merged. Links are provided below for the zip, sha256, and recovery image files (you'll probably have to flash the recovery image first since the LOS 20 recovery would consider it a downgrade and refuse to flash the zip; either that, or use TWRP). This is pure, unfiltered LineageOS, with absolutely no changes made by me. You should probably turn off system updates after installing so that you aren't pestered to upgrade to LOS 20, which would defeat the whole purpose. 😁

This will be the only build I make available until the next ASB patches are available in March, or if there's a fix for any serious issues that are merged into the 19.1 tree in the interim, as the LOS team usually doesn't do anything other than minor fixes to previous releases (their major work is concentrated on the current release). Also note that I'm not providing any support, I'm just making 19.1 available to those who want it. 😉

ROM: lineage-19.1-20230218-UNOFFICIAL-lemonadep.zip
    Checksum: lineage-19.1-20230218-UNOFFICIAL-lemonadep.zip.sha256sum
    Recovery: lineage-19.1-recovery-lemonadep.img

Let me know if the links aren't working (they're on MediaFire for now, which I haven't used in a dog's age) and I'll try to fix them.