• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Rom] Official Lineage OS 14.1 for Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

phatin

Apr 19, 2015
Toronto
Seems like root is missing from this rom. Try looking at the link I linked below
http://lineageos.org/Update-and-Build-Prep/
EDIT: For those wondering, Yes I did check under developer options. (See attached image below)
lk31Ubm.png

Last edited:

eboIa

Dec 28, 2010
Budapest
Seems like root is missing from this rom. Try looking at the link I linked below
http://lineageos.org/Update-and-Build-Prep/
EDIT: For those wondering, Yes I did check under developer options. (See attached image below)
lk31Ubm.png
Az official Lineage OS pages they mentioned that the ROM will not have root basically. Instead we need to fish one discrete root addon. As I did not tried it yet I can tell just what red.

Tapatalkkal küldve az én D6603 eszközömről

Reactions: ThamesBoss

Zelyck

Dec 4, 2012
Just a quick note: dirty flashed from Xperience 11.1 (nougat) and works fine without troubles. Just needed quick updates in settings, but works nicely

Pinktank

Jan 25, 2011
Are you a device maintainer working on this device and Lineage (contributing fixes to the sources) or are you just compiling from sources? is what I was asking, since you said you were going to make it the official thread once the releases were there, I saw your building process posts and know the answer now. Thanks for compiling in the meantime regardless. The device folder just became live by the way, the first weekly should roll anytime.

Penemue

Mar 2, 2015
Title says Official. Did anyone flash it already - any comments? I'm downloading but it's slow.

A

AfouToPatisa

Flashed official, and it's looking great. Flashed nano gapps and a few apps (weather, reddit etc) and I'm at 650MB/884MB usage. Battery looks good too. The only thing, and I remember this being an old bug, is that sometimes the screen does a yellow tint when it gets too white....

edit:tint seems to go away with adaptive brightness on

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lin·e·age
    /ˈlinēij/
    noun
    1.lineal descent from an ancestor; ancestry or pedigree.
    2.a sequence of species each of which is considered to have evolved from its predecessor.​

Disclaimer:
    LineageOS (Lineage Android Distribution) members or anyone else on this website is not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.

Download & Install
    LINKs:
    Rom
    Changelog
    OpenGapps choose ARM>7.1>micro/nano/pico (micro might still be too big... unless you use the custom install options that allows you not to install everything from the package)
    REMEMBER:
    ONLY use TWRP 3.0.2-1 or up
    HOW TO INSTALL
    Requirements: Unlocked Bootloader, a Nougat compatible Custom Recovery and the Downloaded Zips.
    1.Place the rom and other like Gapps on the internal Storage or on a USB OTG
    2.Reboot to recovery using the hotkey ( PowerOff+Vol- => With Vol- Go to Recovery => Select the recovery option with Vol+ )
    3.Do Wipes (Data, Cache, Dalvik and System partitions) if you are in a different ROM.
    4.Select the Zips
    5.Swipe to install (if using TWRP)
    6.Reboot and wait 2-3 min​

Flash This to have system root access

READ POST 2 BEFORE FLASHING

XDA:DevDB Information
    [Rom] Lineage OS 14.1 for Falcon, ROM for the Moto G

Contributors
    Allstargaurav
    Source Code: https://github.com/lineageos

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Firmware Required: CyanogenMod13
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2017-01-21
    Last Updated 2017-01-26
    There are a few things that bother me with OP,
    Are you really providing "official" support? -meaning are you working with the device maintainers or are you one of them?-
    Why are you the only contributor in XDA: DevDB? Where are the device maintainers ?
    Some of the content written here is "based" on others work (word by word), but I don't see any link or credits to it?

I'm not asking for paternity, and I don't have time to provide direct support myself either. I just would like things to be clear and clean.

Maybe I missed something, if so, tell me :)
    Official root-zip:
    https://download.lineageos.org/extras
    flash ARM-file
    tested, works as it should
    just enable root in developper settings
    HOW TO DIRTY UPDATE
    1.Download the rom zip
    2.Reboot to recovery using the power menu or the hotkey ( PowerOff+Vol- => With Vol- Go to Recovery => Select the recovery option with Vol+ )
    3.Do Wipes (Cache, Dalvik)
    4.Flash the Zip(No Need To flash Gapps)
    5.Reboot and wait 2-3 min

HOW TO CLEAN UPDATE :
    1.Download the rom zip and make sure you have gapps zip on your device
    3.Reboot to recovery using the power menu or the hotkey ( PowerOff+Vol- => With Vol- Go to Recovery => Select the recovery option with Vol+ )
    5.Format /system, /cache and /dalvik-cache (advance format in wipe menu of TWRP); do NOT Wipe DATA
    6.Install zip
    7.Reboot and wait 2-3 min

EXPERIMENTAL:-This build will allow you to ‘upgrade’ from CM to the signed LineageOS weekly

How To install EXPERIMENTAL
    1.Download experimental and nightly zip
    2.Boot into Recovery
    3..Install experimental migration build on top of cm-14.1 build
    4.Reboot
    5.Install LineageOS weekly build
    6.Reboot
    7.Re-setup your application permissions
    Apparently you're flashing things that you don't know what they are for.
    If you're coming from CM14.1, than flash experimental, let it boot and then flash nightly.
    If you already have Lineage OS, you don't need to flash experimental.
    Learn your stuff first, OK? That kind of things that most of you are doing are the things that leads you to reports like "I have bug X", "Doesn't boot", "My dog ate my smartphone", etc.