[ROM][OFFICIAL] Lineage OS 17.1 for Pixel 2 / 2 XL

Search This thread

Sebacestmoi

Oct 11, 2005
Hi,
Yesterday I've tried to install ViperFX but even after doing all the steps correctly it wasn't working.
I've uninstalled it but since that I can't pass the ctsProfile check. Do you know what I should do to pass it again ?
Kind regards.

Hawkeye77

Jul 30, 2015
Hi,
Yesterday I've tried to install ViperFX but even after doing all the steps correctly it wasn't working.
I've uninstalled it but since that I can't pass the ctsProfile check. Do you know what I should do to pass it again ?
Kind regards.

It seems, people are guessing, an update from Google has triggered this check not to pass.
This issue has also aligned with an update of Magisk.

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
LG Nexus 5X
It seems, people are guessing, an update from Google has triggered this check not to pass.
This issue has also aligned with an update of Magisk.
Hi,
Kind regards.
Google indeed do something server-side on many phones (including most if not all Pixels) the other night whereby ctsProfile now fails even when your evalType is basic and whether or not you are on a stock or custom rom or kernel. It doesn't appear the update to Magisk the other day has anything to do with it as many (if not all) people were still passing after the Magisk update and then failing after Google did their shenanigans the other night/morning.

There is a Magisk Mod just released to fix this problem that works on Android 11. Android 10 not officially supported yet but being worked on as I understand. Go over to the Magisk thread for more details... https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-general-support-discussion.3432382/page-2169#post-84281821

wmatheney

Oct 25, 2012
I've attempted to install this on my pixel 2xl. The first time it worked but I'd installed nano GAPPS. I then decided to follow the instructions again without installing GAPPS and it bootloops and then goes back into TWRP.

btbs

Nov 6, 2010
G'day all,

I've just flashed lineage-17.1-20210209-nightly-walleye-signed.zip on my Pixel 2. According to the changelog it should have security string 2021-02-05. However, when I look at the phone it shows both "Android security path level" and "Vendor security patch level" at "5 August 2020". Any ideas on why it's not showing "5 February 2021" or what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

user602

May 8, 2007
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Nexus 7
G'day all,

I've just flashed lineage-17.1-20210209-nightly-walleye-signed.zip on my Pixel 2. According to the changelog it should have security string 2021-02-05. However, when I look at the phone it shows both "Android security path level" and "Vendor security patch level" at "5 August 2020". Any ideas on why it's not showing "5 February 2021" or what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

I'm on the same build on walleye; my phone lists Android security patch level February 5, 2021 and Vendor security patch level August 5, 2020.

I don't know what the fix is, but it shouldn't hurt to try re-flashing the ROM.

btbs

Nov 6, 2010
I'm on the same build on walleye; my phone lists Android security patch level February 5, 2021 and Vendor security patch level August 5, 2020.

I don't know what the fix is, but it shouldn't hurt to try re-flashing the ROM.

@user602, thanks for the feedback. I was about to do a re-flash but read in the walleye LOS18.1 thread (here) that depending on how safety net fix was installed gave the symptoms in my original post. I've just updated to the latest version of safety net fix (see here) and after reboot my device is reporting same patch levels as yours.

Colibridesmontagnes

Feb 24, 2021
Hi,
Many problems like a lot of people today cause of Magisk 22.
I wasnt able to to Direct Install and Magisk returned an error when I was trying to patch boot.img.
I've made the decision to flash it with TWRP but when I enter TWPR I can't see the files on my storage...
I am doomed ? I did the un-hide Manager procedure before doing all te previous steps.
Now my phone bootloop, I can't find my files to flash from Recovery and ADB Sideload from the Lineage Recovery is stuck at 47%.
Anyone can help me ? I gladly pay a beer or two with PayPal :)

lg_g3_d855

Feb 8, 2021
I am on Android 10 and can't install this rom, I boot recovery(twrp 3.0), then sideload zip file but screen goes black, what's the problem?
edit:
I finally managed to flash lineage os directly via twrp recovery and zip file, but during the installation process, the screen went completely off, I had to manually reboot the phone and then it booted, is this normal?

Last edited:

mikeskid07

Jan 19, 2016
Lansing, MI
Anyone else having an issue watching HDR content on YouTube? Not sure if ROM or kernel related as I'm using elementalX

Are the symptoms of the issue you're having:

Multiple media/ high RAM apps running at once and then one sends the phone into reboot?

Or battery lower than 40%, and opening even one of those same types of apps causes the same behavior?

If so- yes, I've experienced this for around 8 months on the Pixel 2, using unofficial LOS 16 w/ ElementalX until a few weeks ago, and now this ROM w/ ROM Kernel & ElementalX.

I had hoped that it was a low storage issue, so I migrated all my music & photos off the phone when I upgraded. Within the first few days it did it with ElementalX, so I 'downgraded' back to the LOS kernel. It happened again last night as I went to take a photo around 40% battery. Ironically, later in the evening I was able to watch Newpipe down to 1%.

I have followed the 'battery meter reset' tutorials online.

I have Magisk running, so I haven't yet logcatted. Any of this sound familiar?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    yUIn6TF.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working

• RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Bluetooth
    • Wi-Fi
    • Camera
    • Video Recording
    • Video Playback
    • Audio ( Record and Playback )
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • Led

What's not working

• Active Edge (support will not be added. Explanation here)
    • Feel free to report any other issues you may encounter with relevant logs

Installation

1. Download the latest supported Lineage OS build, TWRP image and optionally gapps and the TWRP installer zip.
    2. Reboot to bootloader
    3. Wipe userdata (fastboot format userdata)
    4. Fastboot into TWRP recovery (fastboot boot twrp.img)
    5. Flash the latest build of Lineage OS
    6. Reboot to bootloader and fastboot TWRP again
    7. (Optional) Flash gapps of choice (OpenGapps micro or smaller are recommended)
    8. Reboot to system and don't install the TWRP app
    9. (Optional) Flash custom kernel / TWRP / Magisk

A more detailed installation guide can be found here.

Updates

Simply update from the Lineage Updater in Settings and reboot or repeat steps 4 - 10. You shouldn't need to flash factory images as all partitions (firmware, vendor etc.) are updated with the lineage zip. Gapps MUST be reflashed if taking an update via Lineage recovery or TWRP. Lineage updater will automatically restore gapps up to nano in size.

Downloads

Credits

• razorloves
    • javelinanddart
    • RaymanFX
    • Sultanxda
    • LineageOS Team

Source

Feel free to join my Pixel 2 telegram group here.
    Lineage OS 17.1 (27/05/20)

• Properly implemented Black Theme in Settings -> Display -> Dark theme
    • Implemented dark theme for AOSP Dialer, Messaging and Contacts apps
    • Added option to exclude the top of the screen from the back gesture area
    • Updated AOSP Dialer, Messaging, Contacts and Clock apps to sdk29
    • Various bug fixes and improvements
    Lineage OS 17.1 (21/03/20)

• Fixed bugs introduced by building custom vendor.img
    • AudioFX now works for headphones
    • Only built relevant kernel modules for each device
    • Removed signature spoofing permission group (smali patcher can be used instead)
    • Synced with Lineage OS source
    Lineage OS 17.1 (22/04/20)

• Improved UI performance (thanks Sultan)
    • Fixed all known Browser bugs and crashes from Kotlin rewrite
    • Added black theme for Settings to Styles
    • Added option for translucent notification background
    • Added option for modifying charging sounds
    • Removed adjustable QS tile for location services (didn't work previously)
    • Various bug fixes
    Lineage OS 17.1 (15/02/20)

• February ASB
    • Fixed SystemUI lag that was present on the initial build
    • Fixed SafetyNet issues (basic integrity and CTS are now both passing)
    • Fixed Quickstep multitasking bug (Switched to Pixel Launcher)
    • SELinux is now enforcing
    • Added an optional build without pixel gapps included
    • Fixed kernel fast charging issues
    • Added Pixel 4 live wallpapers
    • Switched to Google webview instead of AOSP webview

This build fixes all remaining major bugs. Please feel free to let me know any remaining issues you may have. Enjoy :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone