- Apr 26, 2018
LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.
- Active Edge
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Recording
- Video Playback
- Audio ( Record and Playback )
What's not working
- Feel free to report any issues you may encounter with relevant logs
- Download the latest supported Lineage OS build, TWRP image and optionally the TWRP installer zip.
- Reboot to bootloader
- Wipe userdata for initial install (fastboot format userdata)
- Fastboot into TWRP recovery (fastboot boot twrp.img)
- Flash the latest build of Lineage OS
- Reboot to bootloader and fastboot TWRP again
- (Optional) Flash gapps of choice (MindTheGapps are recommended)
- Reboot to system and don't install the TWRP app
- (Optional) Flash custom kernel / TWRP / Magisk
A more detailed installation guide can be found on the wiki.
Simply repeat steps 4 - 7. You shouldn't need to flash factory images as all partitions (firmware, vendor etc.) are updated with the lineage zip.
- Latest Lineage OS 18.1 (taimen)
- Latest Lineage OS 18.1 (walleye)
- MindTheGapps (mirror)
- Google Fi Addon
- TWRP (taimen) / (walleye)
- LineageOS Team
Feel free to join my Pixel 2 telegram group here.