• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] Lineage OS 18.1 for Pixel 2 / 2 XL

Search This thread

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL

Device "uncertified"​

Hi guys. I'm still struggling with a Google Play device status of "uncertified."

I'm running the latest version of this ROM, and I've even "factory reset" the device. It still shows as "uncertified."

This is a plain install with no root or any other mods at all. Is there something I could have done wrong when installing it, that is now causing this issue?

Kind regards,

Ralf

Try the usual:
  1. Toggle Airplane mode ON
  2. Settings > Apps > All Apps > Show System Apps
  3. Clear data for Google Play Services, and Google Play Store
  4. Reboot
  5. Toggle Airplane Mode OFF
  6. Wait 5 minutes
  7. check Google Play > Settings > About, as long as the last line doesnt say its not certified, you should be fine. Certified will appear after an indeterminate time

Reactions: ralfbergs

ralfbergs

Dec 6, 2014
I just noticed that I made a stupid mistake all the time with this ROM. :-(

I have two Pixel 2 phones, and I was previously tinkering with the one that I have given to my daughter. So when registering the Android ID with Google to get my wife's phone working properly w/ Google Play, I was always registering the ID to my daughter's Google account, instead of my wife's account. :-(

I've just done it correctly, now let's see whether it will finally work...

Sorry for this, and thanks again.

friedsonjm

Oct 30, 2008
No, it doesn't. :-(

I'm about to give up, although I would LOVE to use this distro for my wife's phone... I really love the OTA upgrade capability, plus I've always been a big fan of CM/LOS...

Any other thing I could try?
Did you successfully register it with Google? How much time did you give it after registering? FYI, I had to register a couple of times before it 'took,' and even then, was several hours later before it was good to go.

Reactions: ralfbergs

ralfbergs

Dec 6, 2014
Did you successfully register it with Google? How much time did you give it after registering? FYI, I had to register a couple of times before it 'took,' and even then, was several hours later before it was good to go.
Yes, I registered it successfully, and this time even to the correct account. 😂

I gave it several hours, and rebooted a couple of times, but it showed "device is not certified". ☹️

Any other thoughts?

gigadeath

Apr 20, 2021
Hello to everyone. When using GPS Fix (Pixel 2XL, Lineage 18.1, Mind the Gapps), there are 2 GPS services not working - Android Network Provider and Google Play Services. So Google Maps doesn't work.

How do I activate the 2 not working services? Is it a problem of Mind the Gapps?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210708-203635_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210708-203635_Trebuchet.png
    698.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_20210708-203646_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210708-203646_Trebuchet.png
    589.9 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
Hello to everyone. When using GPS Fix (Pixel 2XL, Lineage 18.1, Mind the Gapps), there are 2 GPS services not working - Android Network Provider and Google Play Services. So Google Maps doesn't work.

How do I activate the 2 not working services? Is it a problem of Mind the Gapps?
Tested here with MindtheGapps and both the network provider and Google Play Services were able to find my location, according to GPS Fix. So you either have engaged a setting which blocks those two, e.g. not granting app permissions or those permissions being revoked, or else you have an app which is interfering with the operation of Google Maps. There may be other options I haven't considered, but the point is you will have to look through your system and see if you changed anything.

Reactions: gigadeath

gigadeath

Apr 20, 2021
Tested here with MindtheGapps and both the network provider and Google Play Services were able to find my location, according to GPS Fix. So you either have engaged a setting which blocks those two, e.g. not granting app permissions or those permissions being revoked, or else you have an app which is interfering with the operation of Google Maps. There may be other options I haven't considered, but the point is you will have to look through your system and see if you changed anything.
GPS module is working (1st screenshot) it's just that I can't get the network location to work (2nd screenshot), and many apps search for the latter, so they can't find location...

I didn't mess with any setting, and Lineage 17.1 / Android 10 were working perfectly...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210709-083256_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210709-083256_Trebuchet.png
    125.5 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20210709-083303_Trebuchet.png
    Screenshot_20210709-083303_Trebuchet.png
    86.8 KB · Views: 22

Strephon Alkhalikoi

Aug 3, 2010
Vulcan
Samsung Galaxy S4
Nexus 6
GPS module is working (1st screenshot) it's just that I can't get the network location to work (2nd screenshot), and many apps search for the latter, so they can't find location...

I didn't mess with any setting, and Lineage 17.1 / Android 10 were working perfectly...
That's odd. But there has to be some fundamental difference between your device and mine. You really need to go through your apps and find the culprit, because the ROM isn't the issue here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got a Pixel 2 XL, how stable is this rom as a daily driver?
    It has been very stable for me. I have had no issues at all.
    Just got a Pixel 2 XL, how stable is this rom as a daily driver?
    Been using it since June and it's been rock solid for me.
    Been using it since June and it's been rock solid for me.
    Yeah, rock Solid is a very good description
    Are you guys updating nightlies all the time? Or do you just stay with one and done?
    Back in the CM days there were tools to update the nightlies with only the changed files. Anything like that nowadays?
    Glad to hear this rom is a good choice. Hope to get a lot of years out of it for my mom.
    The security patches are only once a month, so I update only once a month (mid-month) to get the security patches. I'm not aware of any way to get only the changed files. It is probably not possible, because of the dual slot update. The update goes to the current unused slot, then the slot is switched to apply the update.
    Thanks! Really appreciate the answer!
    How is the update performed? same as flashing the rom? dirty flash ok for the monthly? (I should hope so) Is there any magic button in settings that does it all for me? I haven't cruised through all of the settings yet.
    Yes, there is a magic button. Settings, System, Advanced, Updater. The update takes about an hour to install after you have downloaded it. You can still use the phone while it is installing. If you have Magisk installed, you need to install Magisk with "adb sideload magisk.zip" . That will automatically patch the updated boot.img.
    yUIn6TF.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working

• Active Edge
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Bluetooth
    • Wi-Fi
    • Camera
    • Video Recording
    • Video Playback
    • Audio ( Record and Playback )
    • Sensors
    • Flash
    • Led

What's not working

• Feel free to report any issues you may encounter with relevant logs

Installation

1. Download the latest supported Lineage OS build, TWRP image and optionally the TWRP installer zip.
    2. Reboot to bootloader
    3. Wipe userdata for initial install (fastboot format userdata)
    4. Fastboot into TWRP recovery (fastboot boot twrp.img)
    5. Flash the latest build of Lineage OS
    6. Reboot to bootloader and fastboot TWRP again
    7. (Optional) Flash gapps of choice (MindTheGapps are recommended)
    8. Reboot to system and don't install the TWRP app
    9. (Optional) Flash custom kernel / TWRP / Magisk

A more detailed installation guide can be found on the wiki.

Updates

Simply repeat steps 4 - 7. You shouldn't need to flash factory images as all partitions (firmware, vendor etc.) are updated with the lineage zip.

Downloads

Credits

• razorloves
    • javelinanddart
    • RaymanFX
    • Sultanxda
    • LineageOS Team

Source

Feel free to join my Pixel 2 telegram group here.
    Lineage OS 18.1 (5/3/21)
    • March ASB
    • March kernel security patches
    • Fixed rare app not installed toast
    • Fixed crashes when installing without gapps
    • Revamped Lineage OS recorder app
    • Added Trebuchet icon pack support
    Official builds are now available for downloading. The migration process from my unofficial builds is as follows:

1. Download the latest version of Lineage OS and the lineage recovery image for your device from here.
    2. Reboot to bootloader
    3. Flash the recovery image to your boot partition (fastboot flash --slot all boot /path/to/recovery.img)
    4. Reboot into recovery
    5. Flash the official build of Lineage OS (adb sideload lineage.zip)
    6. If you have gapps installed, reboot to recovery again and ensure you flash gapps again before booting into Lineage OS
    7. Reboot your phone and enjoy!
    Or if you use TWRP you can just follow the normal updating steps and skip flashing the new recovery image.

If you are coming from a previous version of Lineage OS, please refer to the wiki.
    I've uploaded a slightly updated build to amend the missing live captions button when adjusting volume. Apologies for the inconvenience.
    Lineage OS 18.1 (8/1/21)

• January ASB
    • January / December kernel security patches
    • Bug fixes and improvements