Hey all. I'm doing some research on the installation and updating process for the Pixel 2 XL to see if there are similarities to how I installed my Pixel XL (Marlin) running lineageos 17.1. I do not have a Pixel 2 XL and I am considering getting one at a decent price and condition.
This is how I installed lineageos 17.1 on the Pixel XL with official twrp recovery, after I unlocked the phone's bootloader:
1) Boot into twrp.img using adb command "fastboot boot "twrp recovery image"
2) Wipe, swipe to factory reset (For some reason I didn't need to format data (type yes to format) on Android 10)
3) flashed rom
4) flash gapps
5) flash twrp zip to keep twrp recovery
6) boot back to system to setup and later installed magisk
Here's how I update my Pixel XL using official lineageos 17.1 and official twrp recovery:
1) From twrp, flash updated lineageos zip
2) Flash twrp zip to retain twrp as recovery
3) Reboot back to twrp recovery
4) install gapps and magisk
5) boot back to system
Is there anything from the method of installation and updating I've listed that is comparable or different when it comes to installing and updating lineageos 18.1 for the Pixel 2 XL?
Only thing you shouldn't do is flash twrp zip. Use twrp image only to fastboot each time