LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.
- Active Edge
- Face unlock
- Screen attention
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Recording
- Video Playback
- Audio ( Record and Playback )
What's not working
- Soli motion sense (proprietary)
- New Google Assistant (proprietary)
- Adaptive charging & extreme battery saver (proprietary)
- Pixel Stand features (proprietary)
- Feel free to report any issues you may encounter with relevant logs
- Download the latest supported Lineage OS build and boot.img, and ensure you are on Lineage OS 17.1 or Android 11 already.
- Reboot to bootloader
- Flash the provided boot.img to both slots (fastboot flash --slot all boot boot.img)
- Reboot into recovery and factory reset for initial install
- Sideload the latest build of Lineage OS (adb sideload lineage.zip)
- (Optional) Reboot to recovery again and flash gapps of choice (MindTheGapps are recommended)
- Reboot to system
- (Optional) Flash custom kernel / Magisk
Simply repeat steps 5 - 7. You shouldn't need to flash factory images as all partitions (firmware, vendor etc.) are updated with the lineage zip.
- LineageOS Team
Feel free to join my Pixel 4 telegram group here.