• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL] Lineage OS 18.1 for Pixel 4 / 4 XL

Search This thread

KJ7LNW

Jun 20, 2021
Honestly I'm not sure, I don't use microg (nor ever have). I stick with opengapps when GAPPs are needed and I NEVER have any issues with OG, ever. I'm not sure how to help since I can't reproduce it myself (and I am on ProtonAOSP android 12 now) so I'm not on LOS anymore either.
It turns out that I just needed to wait! I got on the phone with AT&T to troubleshoot, and it was working fine. Calling the phone stayed on LTE instead of switching to UMTS.

I'm guessing something on the backend carrier-side had to propagate after moving the SIM!

It turns out that I just needed to wait! I got on the phone with AT&T to troubleshoot, and it was working fine. Calling the phone stayed on LTE instead of switching to UMTS.

I'm guessing something on the backend carrier-side had to propagate after moving the SIM!
cool! Glad to hear you got it sorted out and working! I couldn't reproduce it nor did I have the issue so I was kinda useless to help but I am glad you got it working anyways!

Would banking app work on this ?
Sure does, once you hide magisk and root, I have NO issues with TD Bank, Netflix, ETC but you have to hide root and pass safetynet (which it does if setup right).

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211201-131122_Magisk.png
    Screenshot_20211201-131122_Magisk.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20211201-131108_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20211201-131108_Settings.png
    211.8 KB · Views: 40
Just installed it because after updating to android 12 i had some battery draining issues. Will come back with feedback

EDIT: It works without hidding anything. lol
awesome, I know for Netflix and TDBank I also had to hide ROOT from those apps specifically (pic) or ROOT gets detected, but I am glad yours worked out of the box! I use LOS (this ROM) as my daily driver because its so damn solid and no bugs, plus its weekly updated! I love LOS, and am VERY glad its so stable otherwise I would be using a LOS derivative but those aren't always stable.

Attachments

• MAGISKHide.jpeg
    MAGISKHide.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 26

MySelf_v1

Oct 27, 2010
Padua
HTC Desire
HTC Wildfire S
Actually, I've installed then ROM from LOS Website sideloaded with the recovery.

It's wonderful, stable and pretty much everything works out of the box.

No battery issues anymore . ATM phone its at 60℅ in 13 hours of usage while on the stock android 12 in 12 hours battery was empty. Upgrading to 12 from 11 was a bad idea.

Now the only thing i miss is Google Camera.

Actually, I've installed then ROM from LOS Website sideloaded with the recovery.

It's wonderful, stable and pretty much everything works out of the box.

No battery issues anymore . ATM phone its at 60℅ in 13 hours of usage while on the stock android 12 in 12 hours battery was empty. Upgrading to 12 from 11 was a bad idea.

Now the only thing i miss is Google Camera.
Agreed, LOS for the pixel 4 XL is rock solid, fast, stable, battery is AWESOME, and it has everything I need for my dailydriver.

Install GCam from playstore and any missing Google apps/services you need/want. Google cam works flawlessly with LOS/Pixel 4XL from the PlayStore!

MySelf_v1

Oct 27, 2010
Padua
HTC Desire
HTC Wildfire S
What options have you enabled under device simulation? I have google play services crashing after i've passed safetynet by using Pixel4XL Android 12 settings

btw, i don't even know why I'm struggling to get safetynet passed since I don't need it. It's just for "testing purposes".

EDIT: Done, only fingerprint was updated and everything seems to work now

Last edited:
What options have you enabled under device simulation? I have google play services crashing after i've passed safetynet by using Pixel4XL Android 12 settings

btw, i don't even know why I'm struggling to get safetynet passed since I don't need it. It's just for "testing purposes".
You shouldn't have any GPlay issues unless you didn't install GAPPs right or something got hosed after GAPPs install or something along those lines but without logs, or install process, I am left to guess and stab in the dark.

You installed LOS, then rebooted recovery directly after ADB SIDELOAD and completed the OS install, then installed (ADB SIDELOAD) the GAPPs you chose, yes? Now you have SafetyNet fixed and working, yes, you installed RIRU, Universal SafetyNet, MAGISKProps, and enabled MAGISKHide, yes and it passed SN now, yes?

I have ZERO issues with GAPPs for the Google framework with SN passing, so its something done (or not done) with your side, but its all guesses because you aren't telling me anything to go by. Give me your entire install process, with GAPPs and how you installed both, then the SafetyNet fixes (installed, chosen, used) please so I can ensure everything was correctly done (otherwise I cant really help as I don't know what is broken and where or not broken but missing).

Reactions: MySelf_v1
The problem was I've enabled everything under device simulation. Now everything works perfectly. Thank you.
right on! glad to hear its solved! I purposely didn't tell you the props to use to force this exact thing (figuring it out). I usually give enough to teach the user where to look but let them solve it on there own and only give the answer if absolutely needed. That way its learned to cook (vs feeding for the day), that comes from my day job as a senior sys engineer/architect mentoring the senior engineers below me.

tuan2mbox

Dec 7, 2021
Hi everyone! I'm new here. I just flashed LOS back from ANDROID 12 bt following the instruction in #1. It's very awesome! May I ask you guys: Should I relock the bootloader after everything is done?

Oh, I see, thank you so much. You've saved my phone!
Agreed with the other comments! DO NOT RE-LOCK your bootloader and accept the warning (who cares its a quick blip that you barely see on boot)!

Again DO NOT RE-LOCK your BL with a custom ROM EVER! You will royally F up your device and may not be recoverable from it.

Reactions: tuan2mbox

Top Liked Posts

Can someone tell the flashing process
    Currently i'm on A12.
    And Which GApps should i flash?
    Sorry but i have very less experience on flashing custom rom.
    The OP has step by step Installation instruction to install this ROM.
    Can someone tell the flashing process
    Currently i'm on A12.
    And Which GApps should i flash?
    Sorry but i have very less experience on flashing custom rom.
    I agree with others, follow the OP step by step and you will be fine. I would go over the steps first and make sure you understand them all, then try it. I use OpenGapps ARM64 11 NANO (and install the rest from the Play Store). Nano build (GAPPs) will give you the needed core framework plus a little more, BUT doesn't give you everything so its up to you. I like it just the core framework, so I can add just what I want Google related installed, but not everything.

From the OP:
    1. Download the latest supported Lineage OS build and recovery (boot) image, and ensure you are on Lineage OS 17.1 or Android 11 already.
    2. Reboot to bootloader
    3. Flash the provided boot.img to both slots (fastboot flash --slot all boot boot.img)
    4. Reboot into recovery and factory reset for initial install
    5. Sideload the latest build of Lineage OS (adb sideload lineage.zip)
    6. (Optional) Reboot to recovery again and flash gapps
    7. Reboot to system
    8. (Optional) Flash custom kernel / Magisk
    Wiki (LOS) install:

I will help you if/when you get stuck, but you need to follow the steps and try it yourself (so you learn the ins and outs). If you get stuck, post a detailed entry of what steps you have done, what happened with each step, and where you got stuck and what happened so we can help.
    Quick question: My dad's 3 went belly up on him a while ago so I gave him my 4 with LOS18 installed and he loves it. The problem is, he rarely checks the updater until he gets a lot of notifications. At this point, he has 4-5 updates waiting. Does he need to do each one or can he just do the latest? Thanks
    Latest will update the OS with what's needed, no need to do every one separately. I skip them often but catch up when there's a specific need.
    Yes, strange thing is this morning I checked and now it works, I have done nothing since my original post. 🙃🙃🙃
    Glad to hear its working, my guess is maybe it was caused by a Google service issue, IDK. It always worked for me so I cant reproduce to investigate, so honestly I am not sure what was up but I am glad its working though (it should work)!
    I upgraded to a12 how would I go a out I stalking this being it's a11 I don't have custom recovery on I'm currently on protonaosp 12 it's not custom enough imo thanks for any help
    This is confusing and doesn't make sense (at least to me), what are you asking? I think you are asking how to prepare the device (coral - Pixel 4 XL) back to being ready for LOS (A11) install (while its currently on ProtonAOSP A12). If so, then you should flash the matching factory image (Google factory firmware) that corresponds to the LOS version (the ROM metadata shows this information - I.E. the attached picture). The matching factory firmware is: 11.0.0 (RQ3A.211001.001, Oct 2021), then after its prepared (Google Factory Firmware image completes), I go through a quick setup of stock OS. I skip EVERYTHING in the stock OS setup, and skip through to the end of setup, setting nothing, then reboot to BL, format userdata (make sure you back up EVERYTHING prior to the factory firmware), then your device is ready for LOS (A11), and I simply follow the LOS install guide (OP):

1. *** BACKUP EVERYTHING OFF SD (internal storage) + TXT/MMS BEFORE proceeding with FACTORY FIRMWARE ***
      1. You will LOSE everything with the factory firmware so BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP FIRST AND FOREMOST!!!
    2. PREP DEVICE --> Google Factory Firmware: A11 (RQ3A.211001.001, Oct 2021)
    3. Download the latest supported Lineage OS build and recovery (boot) image
    4. Reboot to bootloader
    5. Flash the provided boot.img to both slots (fastboot flash --slot all boot boot.img)
    6. Reboot into recovery and factory reset for initial install
    7. Sideload the latest build of Lineage OS (adb sideload lineage.zip)
    8. (Optional) Reboot to recovery again and flash gapps of choice (I use OpenGapps, not MTG)
    9. Reboot to system
    10. (Optional) Flash custom kernel / Magisk

If this isn't what you mean, then please clarify what you are trying to do so we can help.
    This is confusing and doesn't make sense (at least to me), what are you asking? I think you are asking how to prepare the device (coral - Pixel 4 XL) back to being ready for LOS (A11) install (while its currently on ProtonAOSP A12). If so, then you should flash the matching factory image (Google factory firmware) that corresponds to the LOS version (the ROM metadata shows this information - I.E. the attached picture). The matching factory firmware is: 11.0.0 (RQ3A.211001.001, Oct 2021), then after its prepared (Google Factory Firmware image completes), I go through a quick setup of stock OS. I skip EVERYTHING in the stock OS setup, and skip through to the end of setup, setting nothing, then reboot to BL, format userdata (make sure you back up EVERYTHING prior to the factory firmware), then your device is ready for LOS (A11), and I simply follow the LOS install guide (OP):

1. *** BACKUP EVERYTHING OFF SD (internal storage) + TXT/MMS BEFORE proceeding with FACTORY FIRMWARE ***
      1. You will LOSE everything with the factory firmware so BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP FIRST AND FOREMOST!!!
    2. PREP DEVICE --> Google Factory Firmware: A11 (RQ3A.211001.001, Oct 2021)
    3. Download the latest supported Lineage OS build and recovery (boot) image
    4. Reboot to bootloader
    5. Flash the provided boot.img to both slots (fastboot flash --slot all boot boot.img)
    6. Reboot into recovery and factory reset for initial install
    7. Sideload the latest build of Lineage OS (adb sideload lineage.zip)
    8. (Optional) Reboot to recovery again and flash gapps of choice (I use OpenGapps, not MTG)
    9. Reboot to system
    10. (Optional) Flash custom kernel / Magisk

If this isn't what you mean, then please clarify what you are trying to do so we can help.
    Thanks very much
    NP, my pleasure, let me know if you get stuck or need more help!!

Just PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make sure to backup everything first, you will lose all data with the factory image reset (unless you remove the -W from the batch). I don't recommend doing that, leave the -W in the factory firmware batch process so it factory erases userdata (OR run ADB erase userdata from bootloader) - AGAIN AFTER BACKUP of everything. This step (erase userdata) is CRITICAL and is needed to ensure the /data and /system is cleaned of factory remanences and ready for LOS install (after factory firmware reset). This is where the loss of data happens (erase or factory reset), so please backup first. I HATE hearing users lose data so just be careful and backup your internal SD TXT+MMS+SD data/ETC., and you are GOOD TO GO! Once you clean the device (factory reset) + erase userdata, LOS is ready for install!!

Enjoy LOS (this ROM/this version), its EXTREMELY stable, and its EXTREMELY reliable! I keep coming back to LOS (this ROM) over and over after testing other ROMs/A12. I test ALL ROMs/A12/ProtonAOSP/ETC., to help other users (so I can reproduce X/Y/Z), but I ALWAYS end up right back here, with LOS and my daily driver. Its ROCK SOLID and AWESOME + it is weekly OTA updated (every week, Sunday), with ALL latest bug and security fixes so its also the MOST up to date ROM available right now (A11ROM).
    yUIn6TF.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11.0, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What's working

• Active Edge
    • Face unlock
    • Screen attention
    • RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
    • Bluetooth
    • Wi-Fi
    • Camera
    • Video Recording
    • Video Playback
    • Audio ( Record and Playback )
    • Sensors
    • Flash

What's not working

• Soli motion sense (proprietary)
    • New Google Assistant (proprietary)
    • Adaptive charging & extreme battery saver (proprietary)
    • Pixel Stand features (proprietary)
    • Feel free to report any issues you may encounter with relevant logs

Installation

1. Download the latest supported Lineage OS build and recovery (boot) image, and ensure you are on Lineage OS 17.1 or Android 11 already.
    2. Reboot to bootloader
    3. Flash the provided boot.img to both slots (fastboot flash --slot all boot boot.img)
    4. Reboot into recovery and factory reset for initial install
    5. Sideload the latest build of Lineage OS (adb sideload lineage.zip)
    6. (Optional) Reboot to recovery again and flash gapps of choice (MindTheGapps are recommended)
    7. Reboot to system
    8. (Optional) Flash custom kernel / Magisk

A more detailed installation guide can be found on the wiki.

Updates

Simply repeat steps 5 - 7. You shouldn't need to flash factory images as all partitions (firmware, vendor etc.) are updated with the lineage zip.

Downloads

Credits

• razorloves
    • cdesai
    • npjohnson
    • Sultanxda
    • LineageOS Team

Source

Feel free to join my Pixel 4 telegram group here.
    Lineage OS 18.1 (20/1/21)

• January ASB
    • Fixed inconsistent gapps install behaviour due to virtual a/b
    • Added the ability to reboot to fastbootd from advanced restart options
    • Various bug fixes and improvements
    Thank you for tolerating the frustrating gapps installation issues on the last build. This substantially delayed this months update but I'm pleased to finally be able to provide one with this fixed. Gapps installation should consistently work now.
    Official builds are now available for downloading. The migration process from my unofficial builds is as follows:

1. Download the latest version of Lineage OS and the lineage recovery image for your device from here.
    2. Reboot to bootloader
    3. Flash the recovery image to your boot partition (fastboot flash --slot all boot /path/to/recovery.img)
    4. Reboot into recovery
    5. Flash the official build of Lineage OS (adb sideload lineage.zip)
    6. If you have gapps installed, reboot to recovery again and ensure you flash gapps again before booting into Lineage OS
    7. Reboot your phone and enjoy!

If you are coming from a previous version of Lineage OS, please refer to the wiki.
    Changelog

2/4/21

• Initial official release

5/3/21

• March ASB
    • Fixed rare app not installed toast
    • Fixed MindTheGapps installation issues
    • Fixed crashes when installing without gapps
    • Revamped Lineage OS recorder app
    • Added Trebuchet icon pack support

9/2/21

• Fixed motion photos in Google Camera
    • Fixed a bug in USAP refill pool logic
    • Slightly reduced system partition reserved size as only up to OpenGapps full will fit
    • A few minor bug fixes and improvements

3/2/21

• February ASB
    • Added support for OpenGapps packages up to full in size
    • Added support for MindTheGapps for when they are publicly distributed
    • Added support for addon.d v3
    • Added additional LiveDisplay options
    • Added Glove Mode for increased touch sensitivity
    • Screen Attention, Now Playing and Live Captions now all work out of the box
    • Fixed spell check on AOSP keyboard
    • Various minor bug fixes and improvements

20/1/21

• January ASB
    • Fixed inconsistent gapps install behaviour due to virtual a/b
    • Added the ability to reboot to fastbootd from advanced restart options
    • Various bug fixes and improvements

1/1/21

• Initial release
    Lineage OS 18.1 (3/2/21)

• February ASB
    • Added support for OpenGapps packages up to full in size
    • Added support for MindTheGapps for when they are publicly distributed
    • Added support for addon.d v3
    • Added additional LiveDisplay options
    • Added Glove Mode for increased touch sensitivity
    • Screen Attention, Now Playing and Live Captions now all work out of the box
    • Fixed spell check on AOSP keyboard
    • Various minor bug fixes and improvements
    EDIT: stock opengapps seems to not work, as it is too big despite OpenGapps thinking it will fit. Packages up to full in size should work fine however.