• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] Official LineageOS 14.1 for GT-N51xx

Search This thread

arsenixprime

Jan 30, 2021
I just installed the above daily build. It works great EXCEPT my touchscreen seems to be unresponsive for a few seconds after waking. It happens about 80% of the time. I disabled lock screen and it still happens. Other than this it works perfectly.

Anyone else experience this?

Old tablet but still seems to work nice. Google support had ceased for the stock firmware so was hoping to revitalize it with LOS.

malmsteenino

Feb 8, 2021
I just installed the above daily build. It works great EXCEPT my touchscreen seems to be unresponsive for a few seconds after waking. It happens about 80% of the time. I disabled lock screen and it still happens. Other than this it works perfectly.

Anyone else experience this?

Old tablet but still seems to work nice. Google support had ceased for the stock firmware so was hoping to revitalize it with LOS.
Same here, I have to lock again and the unlock a second time to unlock properly

arsenixprime

Jan 30, 2021
After using it a bit more it appears that the touch screen might be getting disabled for a few seconds after the lock, not the unlock. So if you lock it with the button and then immediately unlock, you find the touchscreen is disabled. If it has sit for a while though and you unlock with the button, the touch screen seems to work. That is less inconvenient than I had originally thought.

rjt2291

Apr 25, 2019
Touch doesnt work after Lockscreen
Same here, I have to lock again and the unlock a second time to unlock properly
After using it a bit more it appears that the touch screen might be getting disabled for a few seconds after the lock, not the unlock.

The issue is caused by bluetooth scanning and only happens for myself with Gapps installed. It won't ever be fixed cause LOS 14.1 development is dead. Only workaround is to turn on airplane mode. You can enable/disable wifi while in airplane mode.

Aylin_Akvarezmx

Mar 6, 2021
Hello, I am very new to this, but I have been given a galaxy note 8.0 and it is very slow, researching I found this forum but I do not understand much, if someone could help me, I would appreciate it very much. I just want my tablet to have a better Android.

ektus

First of: You're going to have to wipe the tablet, losing all data. So backup first, if there's anything of value on it.

As described in the very first post of this thread, get TWRP and Odin (or Heimdall) to update the recovery mode. Then get a recent build of the ROM from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-unofficial-lineageos-14-1-android-7-1-2.3950114/ and OpenGApps (variant ARM/7.1/pico (or nano) from https://opengapps.org/) if you want to use apps and services from google. These prerequisites being met,
1) copy the ROM and OpenGApps to the external SD card
2) connect the tablet via USB to your PC. Use Odin for Windows or Heimdall for Linux machines. Install drivers as described in those packages.
3) Using either of these programs, flash TWRP
4) Immediately boot the tablet into TWRP, then from therein,
4a) wipe data
4b) select install and add the ROM to the list
4c) add OpenGApps to install list
4d) install these
4e) wipe cache
4f) reboot

After a couple minutes, your tablet should be back up and running LOS 14.1. LOS 16 is being developed also, but as of now in an early stage.
The official builds of LOS 14 are no longer being maintained and thus haven't been available for some time.

alaindesjardins

Dec 1, 2010
Bangor, ME
First of: You're going to have to wipe the tablet, losing all data. So backup first, if there's anything of value on it.

As described in the very first post of this thread, get TWRP and Odin (or Heimdall) to update the recovery mode. Then get a recent build of the ROM from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-unofficial-lineageos-14-1-android-7-1-2.3950114/ and OpenGApps (variant ARM/7.1/pico (or nano) from https://opengapps.org/) if you want to use apps and services from google. These prerequisites being met,
1) copy the ROM and OpenGApps to the external SD card
2) connect the tablet via USB to your PC. Use Odin for Windows or Heimdall for Linux machines. Install drivers as described in those packages.
3) Using either of these programs, flash TWRP
4) Immediately boot the tablet into TWRP, then from therein,
4a) wipe data
4b) select install and add the ROM to the list
4c) add OpenGApps to install list
4d) install these
4e) wipe cache
4f) reboot

After a couple minutes, your tablet should be back up and running LOS 14.1. LOS 16 is being developed also, but as of now in an early stage.
The official builds of LOS 14 are no longer being maintained and thus haven't been available for some time.
I just did this after searching to update my CyanogenMod image on this old tablet (N5110) I found in a drawer. Glad that someone put up some easy to follow instructions and since I had TWRP already installed it was a real breeze to redo my tablet.

Now I have no clue what to do with it, but it looked too brand new condition to just throw away.

Thanks!

Top Liked Posts